In a zombie apocalypse, which headphone would you take with you and which would make the most effective weapon?
Oct 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Craigster75

Headphoneus Supremus
The concept of this thread is inspired by The Walking Dead as I just watched last Sunday's premier and am a huge fan.   My one headphone for listening, assuming I had a way to charge my player, would be the Ultrasone Signature DJ- great sound, durable and closed to isolate groans of the undead.

In terms of weaponry, I could make good use of the Velodyne VTrue.  Their weight and pointed cups could be useful.

Any other thoughts?

zombie_headphones.jpeg

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 18
My beyer dt250 would be great for listening, seeing as hey are so durable, (another choose would be a pair of Hd25's due to their modular design and their up front and aggressive sound) and a pair of vintage Planars or Orthos would do me well as a weapon seeing as they are so heavy and can be used for bludgeoning he zombies,
If we were allowed to pick any piece of equipment for weaponry the steel cables from older headphones would be a nice choice for just whipping at the zombies

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 18
HD650 as they're open and let you enjoy the music. Open is necessary as I need to hear all things that would be going on around me.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 18
Oct 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 18
Shure SE535 ofcourse. Doesn't need an amp, is extremely portable  and provides great isolation so zombies won't hear the music i'm listening too.

You got to be very mobile with zombies everywhere. 

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #11 of 18

Thriller reference?

A CIEM would be better if a lot of running is involved. Imagine full sized headphones fall off, and not being able to go back.
popcorn.gif

I wasn't going for one but, you've figured me out

Anyways for an iem I would choose my X10's as they don't leak and they don't isolate me too much, and paired with my modded X3 (which at the point that a zombie apocalypse would happen, I would have already hardwired a detachable hand crank and solar panel) sound phenomenal and keep me on my heels

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #12 of 18
V-Moda M-100. It sounds good, it's tough, durable, and when folded, can make a nice brick for a weapon. Zombies beware.

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 18
As for weapon, I think I'll have to rely on running
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #14 of 18
For use as a weapon I would consider taking the German Maestro: POS/ InfoPoint-Series: Nearly Indestructible: GMP 8.40D It also has a steel/metal cable that could be used as a whip.

Otherwise I would take something light/open so I could hear around me: Sennheiser HD600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back