IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #3,242 of 3,340
Unfortunately I dont have the scope to send them back right now, but Bob did send me a new cable to detect the 2 pin holding strength issue.
In my case is all the other way around, pb1 sockets are super tight and some cables won’t fit at all, maybe check the torx screws, and if the fitting pieces are together in the socket

which nozzle/filter combination are you using? At present I’m using fucsia/blue. (I have a Fiio M6 as Dap). The sound with red nozzle is more involving but with my dap sound too bass full. (far from the sound I can hear with other hi-fi setup). I’m going to listen to music with this configuration for a while and then came back again with other nozzles. Maybe a little more burn in can produce some difference

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #3,243 of 3,340
which nozzle/filter combination are you using? At present I’m using fucsia/blue. (I have a Fiio M6 as Dap). The sound with red nozzle is more involving but with my dap sound too bass full. (far from the sound I can hear with other hi-fi setup). I’m going to listen to music with this configuration for a while and then came back again with other nozzles. Maybe a little more burn in can produce some difference
At current burn in point for more than 120+ hours, with Fiio M15 (Hi Gain + Over Ear Headphone Mode) as DAP, Im using the following combos
1. BLUE nozzle + RED filter: For visceral mid bass and relaxed vocals. Usually outdoor combo.
2. RED nozzle + BLUE filter: For critical listening and better imaging. Good combo for upfront vocals.
3. RED nozzle + RED filter: Best Guitar tones and preferred combo for Metal/Rock genre.

Jan 9, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #3,244 of 3,340
At current burn in point for more than 120+ hours, with Fiio M15 (Hi Gain + Over Ear Headphone Mode) as DAP, Im using the following combos
1. BLUE nozzle + RED filter: For visceral mid bass and relaxed vocals. Usually outdoor combo.
2. RED nozzle + BLUE filter: For critical listening and better imaging. Good combo for upfront vocals.
3. RED nozzle + RED filter: Best Guitar tones and preferred combo for Metal/Rock genre.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I guess that the difference between our dap plays a great role ... but I’ll test also the configurations you used

Jan 9, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #3,245 of 3,340
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I guess that the difference between our dap plays a great role ... but I’ll test also the configurations you used
Indeed, this IEM, PB One is very source picky and changes its signature a lot through the nozzle filter combinations. Guess what, the Eartips affect the signature much more than any other IEMs.

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #3,246 of 3,340
Indeed, this IEM, PB One is very source picky and changes its signature a lot through the nozzle filter combinations. Guess what, the Eartips affect the signature much more than any other IEMs.

Do you use the original eartips or others?
I’m using the medium size silicon type, the original IMR and didn’t try other. Anyway is clear that the position inside the ear changes the sound really much. I ear less bass when I change listening position from stand up to lay down without touching the iem.

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #3,247 of 3,340
Do you use the original eartips or others?
I’m using the medium size silicon type, the original IMR and didn’t try other. Anyway is clear that the position inside the ear changes the sound really much. I ear less bass when I change listening position from stand up to lay down without touching the iem.

Definitely buy yourself Azla Sedna Earfit and they come in long and short versions and a black version of thicker stiffer silicone or a translucent white slightly softer version. Incremental half sizing and for my ears if I use a medium IMR I'm a medium/ small in Azla's. they are wide bore and really open the PB One.

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #3,248 of 3,340
Silver red is amazing for rock as well

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #3,249 of 3,340
@AlexCBSN A random note and the wrong thread but you love your zenith which for myself it was a love hate but I need to say after 18 months I have finally figured out my way to always love them, black nozzle with gold filter, closed port and then the use of a blunt instrument and some brute force with my mixer
A27A8AF2-9505-4A64-B0F7-19AC2D2EC195.jpeg

Like no other IMR of the 8 I have used, smooth as PB One, a little edgy/aggressive of Aten, fast bass like EDP, some serious low notes with weight yet not blooming. Super emotional and engaging and are not susceptible to bad recordings and zero sibilance. This set won't ever leave this mixer now and will be used daily.

Phew I feel better getting that off my chest.

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #3,250 of 3,340
@AlexCBSN A random note and the wrong thread but you love your zenith which for myself it was a love hate but I need to say after 18 months I have finally figured out my way to always love them, black nozzle with gold filter, closed port and then the use of a blunt instrument and some brute force with my mixer
A27A8AF2-9505-4A64-B0F7-19AC2D2EC195.jpeg
Like no other IMR of the 8 I have used, smooth as PB One, a little edgy/aggressive of Aten, fast bass like EDP, some serious low notes with weight yet not blooming. Super emotional and engaging and are not susceptible to bad recordings and zero sibilance. This set won't ever leave this mixer now and will be used daily.

Phew I feel better getting that off my chest.
You still have Zenith then? Do you still have your Rah?

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #3,251 of 3,340
You still have Zenith then? Do you still have your Rah?

If possible I keep everything as they all have their use at some point in time so the Zenith stayed with me with a detour to Bob for repair after I royally destroyed them trying to get to where they are now doing things nobody should be doing.
My Rah failed in the first month which was not by my doing and Bob had just announced the PB One so I returned the Rah and grabbed the PB One.
To continue my journey as you have disappeared??? I still have Aten R2, my EDP failed in the first month so returned, so I bought Red, Opus Mia and Semper just did not fit me at all so both returned as well, loved Opus Mia but was too susceptible to recording quality but was on point with good recordings of a little mid recessed and the Semper I only had 50 hours on them but it was all I ever wanted I could see they were giving me that full on club experience but played every genre I threw at them and the recording quality wasn't as severe as Opus Mia but some consideration was needed.

So are you living the Legendary dream still I hope? Anything else acquired or anything you find interesting?

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,252 of 3,340
Iem wise i am still in total love with my LX. Even after having a change to audition Odin which is technically insanely good. But tonality slightly less preferable than LX.
I also have ISN H40 for running and gym. Fit is almost like custom and sounds good for money.

Was into desktop gear for a short while but after trading some gear around trying thing i decided to just mod my Emu Teaks. And keep smsl 500. Might grab Jotunheim 2 later. But nothing more as i dont have time for desktop listen.

But recently was hunting for a dap upgrade. Could not decide between A&K Se200 or iBasso DX300. Yesterday pulled the trigger for DX300 but im not sure about the synergy so might need to send it back.

So much really as you can see. I am subbed all IMR threads still and am still following. Was waiting to see what Semper has achieved.
So Semper did not fit physically or was it the signature you did not like?

Jan 9, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #3,253 of 3,340
I'm happy you prefer the LX over Odin, it saves you a lot of money. You have that ultimate DAP though and all that effort too, have you rubbed the shine off it lol.
I have to admit I was and still are interested in the Jot2 but I'm settling not buying anything else now although I have just given away my Soundpeats H1 TWS which I really liked for my intended purpose and I tried and returned the 1more ANC and Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro which were both terrible for me.
Semper physically did not fit me, I loved the large size and wanted a large IEM, remove the nozzle and filter and it was as perfect a fit as I could hope for being universal but the angle of the nozzle was literally the opposite to my ear canal, Zenith, Aten, Red and PB One all work because the angles are better but not correct and as they are smaller there is room to manoeuvre them to where I need them to be and I make do. I'd love a custom but no bueno financially, I'd probably go LX or a Jerry Harvey Contour XO, thy are the only 2 which interest me.
sound wise of Semper was perfect for what I was looking for to recreate a club system (you know the one) but I had glimpses of it due to the short play time I had with them but I'm sure it would have eventually ended up there.

Jan 9, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #3,254 of 3,340
I'm happy you prefer the LX over Odin, it saves you a lot of money. You have that ultimate DAP though and all that effort too, have you rubbed the shine off it lol.
I have to admit I was and still are interested in the Jot2 but I'm settling not buying anything else now although I have just given away my Soundpeats H1 TWS which I really liked for my intended purpose and I tried and returned the 1more ANC and Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro which were both terrible for me.
Semper physically did not fit me, I loved the large size and wanted a large IEM, remove the nozzle and filter and it was as perfect a fit as I could hope for being universal but the angle of the nozzle was literally the opposite to my ear canal, Zenith, Aten, Red and PB One all work because the angles are better but not correct and as they are smaller there is room to manoeuvre them to where I need them to be and I make do. I'd love a custom but no bueno financially, I'd probably go LX or a Jerry Harvey Contour XO, thy are the only 2 which interest me.
sound wise of Semper was perfect for what I was looking for to recreate a club system (you know the one) but I had glimpses of it due to the short play time I had with them but I'm sure it would have eventually ended up there.

Yeh my Dx228 is stlll alive and well but i need new toy.
Shame really that you could not get Semper to fit. Bob really should consider custom options, You would have been a reliable source of impresions. As we both had Zenith and Rah. I admit at one point i was thinking of grabbing used Semper.

Anyways i will be looking forwards to see what IMR has up their sleve in near future.
Who knows we might end up having common gear to share impressions about again soon.

Stay safe!

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #3,255 of 3,340
Stay safe!

absolutely and you too and all yours!!!

I have actually thought about sending some impressions to show him lol, not for custom but maybe a nudge in the direction of something like this angle I need but then it would be only myself who would keep them whilst everyone else returns for a change.

It's never a bad time to grab a used Semper though, Bob has mastered the piezo in I assume all the new style shell designs and the tuning has a huge amount of bass where you can use all the nozzles and be bass light but not bass shy, the EST adds just the right amount of realism and the Semper planar was better than all the otherplanar versions. The sound wasn't fully cohesive though again due to 50 hours. What I am trying to convey in essence is that the sound has evolved upwards since Rah beyond ways I can't describe, everything up to Rah was similar sounding sort of, with small changes that made just enough difference to be different.
So for the right price buy it otherwise see you in the next model lol but don't be a stranger too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back