IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #3,226 of 3,340
@holsen, I am shipping my RAH as well together with my old customs for reshelling later in the afternoon, including some audio note (AN) silver cable for the internal wiring. If you are fine to redo the internal wiring with AN, I can drop him a message for yours as well.
WOW, what a nice offer, that would be awesome. Thank you! I think yours will arrive and be delivered back long before mine. It's typically 3 weeks out from Canada and 3 to 4 weeks back.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #3,228 of 3,340
@holsen, I am shipping my RAH as well together with my old customs for reshelling later in the afternoon, including some audio note (AN) silver cable for the internal wiring. If you are fine to redo the internal wiring with AN, I can drop him a message for yours as well.
Is this an option? If you don't want to share the price in public could you please PM me with an estimate. I love the RAHs but have fit trouble. But I can't let them go, because the sound suits my (live recording) preferences.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #3,229 of 3,340
Is this an option? If you don't want to share the price in public could you please PM me with an estimate. I love the RAHs but have fit trouble. But I can't let them go, because the sound suits my (live recording) preferences.
[/QUOTE

We are not shipping to IMR but to Vietnam. As Holsen mentioned its rolling the dice. In fact we are taking a risk as the sound signature could change.

Base reshell price for iems <4 driver is $150
More or hybrid is $200
And discount 20%
So price is $160 + $15 shipping fee (standard shipping service, or $80 express DHL)
Here is the catalogue design: https://drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/1OUwPi314f_eFxlJ31e4TLhr9GIcH4Cpf/view

Address: 1 Luong Yen Street, Hanoi 100000, Vietnam
Email: admin@itsfitlab.com.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #3,230 of 3,340
Happy to share. It doesn't take anything away from Bob and the incredible gear he makes. itsfit labs in Hanoi Vietnam is the company and run by a guy named Kien. He's a gifted craftsman and talented audiologist. They started as a reseller and now have 2 models of iem they offer as Custom or Universal. They still do a lot of reshelling work. Base price is $200 which includes standard design work. They're well known and talked about on multiple forums having reshelled and redesigned many flagships.

Yesterday I got a link to the itsfit design catalogue. I'd never seen it before but this could help you make design choices or simply find some inspiration. My first custom with Kien was totally self designed, but this catalogue is really helpful Itsfit Lab Catalogue
You'd need to supply impressions and then discuss your design choices with him by email or Facebook messenger. Hands down, everyone who's used his service agrees his fitment is second to none and his artistry is unrivaled.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #3,231 of 3,340
Can iems with non-BA drivers be easily put in custom shells?

There are no sound tube guides like with BA drivers.

The new sound will be on the discretion of the guy modding it. Would they have the time to put so much thought into how it will sound? I hope you paid them enough that they are willing to take the their time and plan it out.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #3,232 of 3,340
Can iems with non-BA drivers in custom shells?

There are no sound tube guides like with BA drivers.

The new sound will be on the discretion of the guy modding it. Would they have the time to put so much thought into how it will sound? I hope you paid them enough that they are willing to take the their time and plan it out.
[/QUOTE
Ultimately this comes down to trust. Kien has has said he believes he can do this job and having received good results before I do trust him. He asked a few questions and prices his services based on driver composition. His Fusions have a DD, magnetostatic, and a pair of BAs in them.

We're going to find out... I know since floating this idea a couple of weeks ago. There are two of us going for it and I've had a couple of PMs from others keenly interested in the result. Looks like first impressions will be available from @yiokuan in 3 to 4 weeks. My impressions should be up in 6 to 8 weeks.

Nov 30, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #3,233 of 3,340
Happy to share. It doesn't take anything away from Bob and the incredible gear he makes. itsfit labs in Hanoi Vietnam is the company and run by a guy named Kien. He's a gifted craftsman and talented audiologist. They started as a reseller and now have 2 models of iem they offer as Custom or Universal. They still do a lot of reshelling work. Base price is $200 which includes standard design work. They're well known and talked about on multiple forums having reshelled and redesigned many flagships.

Yesterday I got a link to the itsfit design catalogue. I'd never seen it before but this could help you make design choices or simply find some inspiration. My first custom with Kien was totally self designed, but this catalogue is really helpful Itsfit Lab Catalogue
You'd need to supply impressions and then discuss your design choices with him by email or Facebook messenger. Hands down, everyone who's used his service agrees his fitment is second to none and his artistry is unrivaled.
Sounds intriguing! I will take my time and see what he has to offer. I don't want to sell the RAHs but OM is here now, and the fit is much better for me. After the new year I may be in as well. Cheers for your quick reply and information!

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #3,234 of 3,340
Anyone tried the Rah with A&K kann alpha? I tried them with the kann cube in a store and i still cannot forget that soundstage. Seriously considering treating myself with a kann alpha, so i want to ask if someone has tried the pairing already.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #3,236 of 3,340
Balanced 2,5mm in low gain with my prefered filter combination..Purple/green.

Awesome full and balanced sound.Very good lows,Present mids and extended highs.

M15 is perfect for Imr,s.Good power And high current All that IMR,need.

best Regards

Sisco
Loving the M15+PB1 duo! Made for each other. Just hoping that I can make the vocals a bit more intimate with a all-rounder combination of nozzle and filters. :beerchug:

Jan 6, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #3,238 of 3,340
Dear friends,
I own IMR R2 Red and Pb One. I would like to know if on Pb One you had trouble with the cable plug connection to the capsule. They don’t seem to be as tight as in the R2 Red.

Roberto
Same here with my PB One. They come out loose very shortly.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #3,240 of 3,340
Maybe we haven't been lucky. The shell should be the same of RAH except for the colour, and they have been sold in much more units without this kind of issue. Anyway I sent them back to Bob to repair. Now they are ok, For the price they have they can't be defecred.
Unfortunately I dont have the scope to send them back right now, but Bob did send me a new cable to detect the 2 pin holding strength issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back