IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #2,281 of 3,340
I think I could be OK with the EDP if it's a slim profile. Hopefully they will put a shot with a side profile to give an idea of thickness.
My other weak excuse is so that I can get the 4.4mm so I can also use on Rah. :)

I very much doubt there will be any more pictures until they are ready to be shipped and then those will be on Instagram and Facebook rather than the site according to previous releases.

I’m certain the current pictures are computer generated much like the halcyon and even the Rah pictures on the site were not what we received having the IMR logo and a different shape on the inner half of the chassis which sits against the ear.

Mar 1, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #2,282 of 3,340
@holsen Depth sounds good. Very similar to my P1, which I consider quite compact. The P1 does taper a little to a slimmer depth towards the rear, which I think helps to give a flushed appearance. Any idea if similar with the EDP?
I sold my P1 earlier this week, and I agree the fit for me too was very good. I'm expecting the same from the EDP, but we'll just have to wait and see. I wrote a fairly detailed post about my journey with miniaturized planar on the EDP thread and I am expecting a great fitting IEM - we'll know the beginning of June. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-acoustics-edp-every-day-planar.926404/post-15485126

Mar 1, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #2,283 of 3,340
I sold my P1 earlier this week, and I agree the fit for me too was very good. I'm expecting the same from the EDP, but we'll just have to wait and see. I wrote a fairly detailed post about my journey with miniaturized planar on the EDP thread and I am expecting a great fitting IEM - we'll know the beginning of June. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-acoustics-edp-every-day-planar.926404/post-15485126
Im getting really curious about fit here
While i have not ordered EDP, i had Zeniths and i have Rah.
It seems like EDP will have same sigle filter system which is same as zeniths - slightly shorter. While 2 filter system is slightly longer.
I personally did not have fit issues with both. I wonder which one was generally preferred more?
I appreciate there is the geometry of iem casing involved aswell though.

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #2,284 of 3,340
Im getting really curious about fit here
While i have not ordered EDP, i had Zeniths and i have Rah.
It seems like EDP will have same sigle filter system which is same as zeniths - slightly shorter. While 2 filter system is slightly longer.
I personally did not have fit issues with both. I wonder which one was generally preferred more?
I appreciate there is the geometry of iem casing involved aswell though.
Even the depth of the EDP housing seems to be shallower. So I believe it will be more flush fitting than any previous IMR offering. The write up also describes the filters as new also.. If it was the same system from the R1 Zenith, bob would have said so... At the price point, I think the EDP is worth rolling the dice and reselling them shouldn't be a problem

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #2,285 of 3,340
Even the depth of the EDP housing seems to be shallower. So I believe it will be more flush fitting than any previous IMR offering. The write up also describes the filters as new also.. If it was the same system from the R1 Zenith, bob would have said so... At the price point, I think the EDP is worth rolling the dice and reselling them shouldn't be a problem
If it is different than zenith then it might solve some fit problems for older IMR models too
And yes i believe EDP is worth it too. I am sure it will be a killer at this price range.

You will get mid-fi sound for low-fi price.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #2,286 of 3,340
In my unit the gold filter sounds bad, as if it were defective ... but I removed the mesh and... WOW :smile_phones:

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #2,288 of 3,340
What has it improved to make you feel wow and what sounded faulty?

the sound was diffuse, muddy, without detail ... now it is clear and I have one more filter to play. Before I was useless.
Your gold filter unit is going well?

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #2,291 of 3,340
is there a difference to the stock "mesh less" filters anymore after removing it? ( but i also dont like the gold filter )

For me, the difference with gold filter is like night and day... the another filters sound great in stock.
I remember reading in the thread that other users had the same problem with the gold filter.
With this mod you can reuse something that was previously useless, because he ruined the sound.

...and curling the curl, I also removed the mesh to the upper black filters. Now I have an amazing detail ... this is a killer of flagships +1000 dollars

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #2,292 of 3,340
For me, the difference with gold filter is like night and day... the another filters sound great in stock.
I remember reading in the thread that other users had the same problem with the gold filter.
With this mod you can reuse something that was previously useless, because he ruined the sound.

...and curling the curl, I also removed the mesh to the upper black filters. Now I have an amazing detail ... this is a killer of flagships +1000 dollars
Can you put the mesh bach after?

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #2,293 of 3,340
Can you put the mesh bach after?

If you have a good pulse and patience, I guess so... but it is something that I have not considered ... before it was useless for me.

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #2,294 of 3,340

Is the black with removed mesh not the same as the blue ? ( top ) or does it still sound different to the blue top ?

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #2,295 of 3,340
Is the black with removed mesh not the same as the blue ? ( top ) or does it still sound different to the blue top ?

Sounds different, the blue cap has a filter.
the other way, the sound does not have any obstacle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back