IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Feb 27, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #2,269 of 3,340
My pair of RAH has arrived. I gave em a spin with the filters that came fitted on them (black on black) and the bundled orangeish silicon tips. I can't say I'm too impressed so far to put it mildly.

Unfortunately the RAH page on IMR website has been taken down and the bundled card with filters isn't complete, the blue and silver nozzles not being listed. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me where those two sit on the scale.
You'll need discipline with yourself and patience with them to get all that they are. The RAH REALLY DO need at least 150 hours for run in, burn in, or whatever you want to call the process of letting them open up. If you go back in this thread to where they started arriving in late December up to mid January, you'll see many reports of the sound literally changing as the early hours of use started accumulating on them. As for me, I just hooked them up to whatever device I wasn't using and let them play pretty much 24 / 7 until they racked up the requisite time. I did listen to them from time to time during the first week with them, and clearly heard the signature changing, so decided not to play with filters until burn in was complete. I finally settled on Blue Lower / Blue upper and they are deep lush open crisp and transparent. If remember correctly you bought a second hand set. Your comment suggests to me that they haven't been run in yet. Try the blue blue combo and just leave them that way and let em play as though they wer brand new. Let them burn in, and I suspect your patience will be rewarded. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #2,270 of 3,340
You'll need disciine with yourself and patience with them to get all that they are. The RAH REALLY DO need at least 150 or run in, burn in, or whatever you want to call the process of letting them open up. If you go back in this thread to where they started arriving in late December up to mid January, you'll see many reports of the sound literally changing as the early hours of use started accumulating on them. As for me, I just hooked them up to whatever device I wasn't using and let them play pretty much 24 / 7 until they racked up the requisite time. I did listen to them from time to time during the first week with them, and clearly heard the signature changing, so decided mot to play with filters until burn in was complete. I finally settled on Blue Lower / Blue upper and they are deep lush open crisp and transparent. If remember correctly you bought a second hand set. Your comment suggests to me that they haven't been run in yet. Try the blue blue combo and just leave them that way and let em play as though they wer brand new. Let them burn in, and I suspect your patience will be rewarded. :ksc75smile:
I personally did loke them out of box.
I do agree they do benefit from burn in.

It just will not magically change to something it is not.
If you just feel like it is a bit of mess than it might be enough to convonce him with burn in.
But if you expect it to sound something like 24BA ciem it is completely different thing.

Feb 27, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #2,271 of 3,340
I personally did loke them out of box.
I do agree they do benefit from burn in.

It just will not magically change to something it is not.
If you just feel like it is a bit of mess than it might be enough to convonce him with burn in.
But if you expect it to sound something like 24BA ciem it is completely different thing.
Totally agree with you, you either like them or you don't, but the burn in on these things isn't just a psycoacoutic phenomenon, it's very real here, the filters also make a huge difference, and I just wanted to encourage him not to give up or write them off after the first few interactions with them.
Since they are pre-owned neither @chickenmoon nor any of us really know the history of them. And they definitely change with Time, Tips, and Filters..

Feb 27, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #2,273 of 3,340
It is very nearly march which means the middle of March is nearing, praying and hoping to god Bob pulls through and manages a mid March completion on the PB ONE because i am literally dying to listen to this on them having not been able to on the Rah.

If you like Trance music from the height of the gatecrasher era this will be exactly what you have been looking for even if you didn’t know it.

Feb 27, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #2,274 of 3,340
It is very nearly march which means the middle of March is nearing, praying and hoping to god Bob pulls through and manages a mid March completion on the PB ONE because i am literally dying to listen to this on them having not been able to on the Rah.

If you like Trance music from the height of the gatecrasher era this will be exactly what you have been looking for even if you didn’t know it.

While a still have Rah. I equally cant wait for Semper anouncement.
Wonder if it is going to have same hoising as Halcyon. Or be something unique.
While im all for SQ first always. It would be a nice touch if it had a premium feel fitting its price.
New colour scheme maybe?

Feb 27, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #2,275 of 3,340
While a still have Rah. I equally cant wait for Semper anouncement.
Wonder if it is going to have same hoising as Halcyon. Or be something unique.
While im all for SQ first always. It would be a nice touch if it had a premium feel fitting its price.
New colour scheme maybe?

Maybe it’s time for you to have another chat with the man. Didn’t he say may for the announcement?

What would you envisage for your perfect semper dreams to be realised?

Feb 28, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #2,276 of 3,340
Maybe it’s time for you to have another chat with the man. Didn’t he say may for the announcement?

What would you envisage for your perfect semper dreams to be realised?
I believe he said May for release. So announcement should happen sometime march.
Expectations SQ wise are obviously quite high as he said it will be a decent upgrade over Rah. So you can imagine it is quite a steep target. But that is Bob we are talking about. Obviously it will have diminishing returns so need to be realistic.
Halcyon will reveal alot.
I woul like it to be black and red - mix of EDP and PB One.
It needs to stand out if he wants to keep it unique even after Pro line up is announced.

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #2,277 of 3,340
I believe he said May for release. So announcement should happen sometime march.
Expectations SQ wise are obviously quite high as he said it will be a decent upgrade over Rah. So you can imagine it is quite a steep target. But that is Bob we are talking about. Obviously it will have diminishing returns so need to be realistic.
Halcyon will reveal alot.
I woul like it to be black and red - mix of EDP and PB One.
It needs to stand out if he wants to keep it unique even after Pro line up is announced.

I believe it should be in its own style chassis to make it stand out. I’m unsure of colours but I do know the PB ONE colour styling in the release pics is super nice.

I had a vision of what the EDP looks like and you know, “what’s been seen can not be unseen” lol.

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #2,278 of 3,340
I had a vision of what the EDP looks like and you know, “what’s been seen can not be unseen” lol.

I think I could be OK with the EDP if it's a slim profile. Hopefully they will put a shot with a side profile to give an idea of thickness.
My other weak excuse is so that I can get the 4.4mm so I can also use on Rah. :)

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #2,279 of 3,340
I think I could be OK with the EDP if it's a slim profile. Hopefully they will put a shot with a side profile to give an idea of thickness.
My other weak excuse is so that I can get the 4.4mm so I can also use on Rah. :)
I wrote to Bob to confirm sizing and here's what he came back with: The length (front to back of ear) is 20mm, height is 16mm (from base to top of cable connector area) and depth is 10.5mm. Also the sound nozzle is now slimmer also for better insertion and they really do sit nicely within the ear and are supremely comfortable.

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #2,280 of 3,340
I wrote to Bob to confirm sizing and here's what he came back with: The length (front to back of ear) is 20mm, height is 16mm (from base to top of cable connector area) and depth is 10.5mm. Also the sound nozzle is now slimmer also for better insertion and they really do sit nicely within the ear and are supremely comfortable.

@holsen Depth sounds good. Very similar to my P1, which I consider quite compact. The P1 does taper a little to a slimmer depth towards the rear, which I think helps to give a flushed appearance. Any idea if similar with the EDP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back