IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #361 of 3,340
Mine's also been taken in charge by RM now, so just a little more patience...

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #363 of 3,340
Sorry to hear guys. Specially if you are abroad. That will be delivered tight before Christmas. Hopefully its just a system glitch.
While my one is a bit more advanced, and i am expecting to get it tomorrow, we all know Royal mail is busy as hell at this time of year.
And they can barely pull their weight when less busy.

I have an estimated 2weeks at least.
Looking forward to the chatter and hopefully pics here as the Rahs get delivered to everyone :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #366 of 3,340
One of Mine left post office this evening at 4:46 PM :D
Second one is still in pending!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #367 of 3,340
Item Despatched to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre
Nottingham Mail Centre

I've checked the tracking for my R1z , and that time it took exactly 1 week to be delivered.... Hope it'll arrive 1 day before, as the 18th I have the whole day scheduled for SW episode 9 lol

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #368 of 3,340
"Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country."

Finally leaving UK, I will prob get mine next week, but I am really hoping some reviews soon :D

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #371 of 3,340
Rah in the house...

IMG20191212091533.jpg

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #372 of 3,340
Initial impressions (box fresh, 5 mins listening):
It's everything I was expecting. Big IMR bass (black/black filters), mids are smooth and detailed. Big sound, with a nice sense of scale and openness.
Will burn in for a few days and come back with some proper impressions. Need to work out which filters will dial back the bass just a touch to let me hear the midrange microdetail to see how good this planar driver really is.

One point definitely jumps outb right away - haven't tried the Aten, but the Rah shape is the best fitting of the IMR models I've tried by a considerable margin - definite ergonomic improvement over the Zenith for my particular ear shape.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #373 of 3,340
Initial impressions (box fresh, 5 mins listening):
It's everything I was expecting. Big IMR bass (black/black filters), mids are smooth and detailed. Big sound, with a nice sense of scale and openness.
Will burn in for a few days and come back with some proper impressions. Need to work out which filters will dial back the bass just a touch to let me hear the midrange microdetail to see how good this planar driver really is.

One point definitely jumps outb right away - haven't tried the Aten, but the Rah shape is the best fitting of the IMR models I've tried by a considerable margin - definite ergonomic improvement over the Zenith for my particular ear shape.

Have you tried putting them with the cable down?

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #374 of 3,340
Have you tried putting them with the cable down?

Had a quick check - they will work cable down, but will need a cake with memory wire (or no wire/earloops) so won't work with the IMR cables in that configuration due to the preformed earloops.

Suspect foams or dual/triple flange tips might be required as the fit will be quite shallow, but definitely looks possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back