IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #376 of 3,340
Where is the travel case?

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #381 of 3,340
Initial impressions (box fresh, 5 mins listening):
It's everything I was expecting. Big IMR bass (black/black filters), mids are smooth and detailed. Big sound, with a nice sense of scale and openness.
Will burn in for a few days and come back with some proper impressions. Need to work out which filters will dial back the bass just a touch to let me hear the midrange microdetail to see how good this planar driver really is.

One point definitely jumps outb right away - haven't tried the Aten, but the Rah shape is the best fitting of the IMR models I've tried by a considerable margin - definite ergonomic improvement over the Zenith for my particular ear shape.

BE92CB09-3D6C-4C4C-9CED-673140F36D30.jpeg

Dec 12, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #384 of 3,340
Spoke to Bob this morning - his preferred combo is black lower / blue upper on the Rah, so that's what I'm going with for my initial listening. Blue teases a little bit more detail in the upper mid area for me, but still very early days.

Enjoyable out of the box, though, I have to agree with that.

Dec 12, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #385 of 3,340
Initial impressions (box fresh, 5 mins listening):
It's everything I was expecting. Big IMR bass (black/black filters), mids are smooth and detailed. Big sound, with a nice sense of scale and openness.
Will burn in for a few days and come back with some proper impressions. Need to work out which filters will dial back the bass just a touch to let me hear the midrange microdetail to see how good this planar driver really is.

One point definitely jumps outb right away - haven't tried the Aten, but the Rah shape is the best fitting of the IMR models I've tried by a considerable margin - definite ergonomic improvement over the Zenith for my particular ear shape.

I'm glad the fit has improved. I have trouble with the Zenith, so I'm eagerly waiting to get mine and give a try, hopefully next week.

Dec 12, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #386 of 3,340
Out of the box they sound amazing. What the Aten did to the Zenith in how much improvement they made the Rah do the same to the Aten.

Bob you have done a fine job. Happy face

Is there much sound leakage from the headset?

Dec 12, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #387 of 3,340
Spoke to Bob this morning - his preferred combo is black lower / blue upper on the Rah, so that's what I'm going with for my initial listening. Blue teases a little bit more detail in the upper mid area for me, but still very early days.

Enjoyable out of the box, though, I have to agree with that.

same combo I'm using for the Aten. BTW pretty huge letdown the same old case and same old filter holder

Dec 12, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #390 of 3,340
Is there much sound leakage from the headset?

There is some but less than the Aten.

My test was holding them in my fingers and covering the tip to emulate them being in the ear.
Equipment used is 789 amp, SE input, gain 2 and approx 9 o clock on the volume dial.

In order of leakage most to least.

Aten no tip covering.
Aten tip covered.
Rah tip uncovered.
Rah tip covered.

Aten tip covered and Rah tip uncovered have roughly the same amount of leakage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back