IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #91 of 3,340
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #92 of 3,340
I just saw the Z reviews obravo iems on .

Anyone know if these are related to imr? Same concept of hybrid superimposed drivers.

And boy does Z get too excited over the new style of experience.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #93 of 3,340
I just saw the Z reviews obravo iems on .

Anyone know if these are related to imr? Same concept of hybrid superimposed drivers.

And boy does Z get excited over the new style of experience.

No relation whatsoever, afaik. The Z guy is a master of hype, so take anything from him with a handful of salt.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #94 of 3,340
I just received an email, I leave it here in case anyone is interested

"Dear Customers,

I have had a few people who have needed to cancel their Rah order due to personal financial reasons and so these slots will be opened up today for those that have been asking.

There is only a few available and so will be first come first served.

These will go live on the site today at 1pm UK time and as soon as they are gone the Rah will go back to being sold out.

This is an ultra exclusive build with just 200 units being made.

Production is already underway and the estimated ship time is still within that window.

Regards

Bob"

https://imracoustics.com/products/imr-rah

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #96 of 3,340
Forgot about these since using customs a couple of months ago.
Managed to get an order in this evening

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #97 of 3,340
Forgot about these since using customs a couple of months ago.
Managed to get an order in this evening
I envy your DAP and that precise amp module; I hope you let us know about the pairing once we get our RAHs.

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #98 of 3,340
Managed to snag a pair after the email today too. Looking forward to them very much.

I messaged Bob over the weekend to ask if there way anyway to still order a pair despite the window being closed and he said it was too late but that he would send out an email to the email list if there were any cancellations with first come first serve. Glad I was paying attention to my inbox!

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #99 of 3,340
Managed to snag a pair after the email today too. Looking forward to them very much.

I messaged Bob over the weekend to ask if there way anyway to still order a pair despite the window being closed and he said it was too late but that he would send out an email to the email list if there were any cancellations with first come first serve. Glad I was paying attention to my inbox!
I must say, Bob's integrity is beyond measure. Just think about it.... this is a "Made to Order" custom product. We order, we pay, he starts production based on those "confirmed and fixed orders" and then still accepts cancellations and refunds the purchase price. He's committed at that point based on your / our commitment and still lets you / us off the hook. It's pretty amazing and surely to his personal detriment. I hope the trolls and uninformed haters read this. This is just another out of countless examples of how Bob goes above and beyond to keep his customers happy, even to his own disadvantage.

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #100 of 3,340
I must say, Bob's integrity is beyond measure. Just think about it.... this is a "Made to Order" custom product. We order, we pay, he starts production based on those "confirmed and fixed orders" and then still accepts cancellations and refunds the purchase price. He's committed at that point based on your / our commitment and still lets you / us off the hook. It's pretty amazing and surely to his personal detriment. I hope the trolls and uninformed haters read this. This is just another out of countless examples of how Bob goes above and beyond to keep his customers happy, even to his own disadvantage.

Agreed, Bob's response time via Facebook is also exceptional and is open to questions regarding his development. I would love to see a custom electrostatic iem in the future from him if that would be possible.

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #101 of 3,340

I feel like you likely werent around for all the Trinity drama and the things that actually happened. So maybe dont call those you disagree with trolls and uninformed haters, as it seems like you are just begging for an argument here. I am wary of him, and I am definitely not a troll or uninformed, as I was a customer of trinity and followed him very closely through that whole thing and afterwards.

Anyways, dont want to get into an argument because its off topic, but I do find this an interesting product and hope it meets all of your expectations. At the very least should be something pretty unique with a real interesting driver configuration. And while I have no intention of jumping on board for it, I will be watching this with some interest.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #102 of 3,340
Just ordered a pair of Rah thanks to the re-opening of sale slots (2 days ago it was not available!). I was deciding about the best-regarded FiiO FH7 or the IMR Rah (almost same price here) but I was impressed by its technical specifications. This is the first time I purchase an IEM still being manufactured. I read a good review of the IMR R2 Aten by Porta.Fi and another one of the Fiio FH7, and finally I dare to order the Rah. Do you think that it will be better than the FH7 in terms of resolution and detail? In some forums, it is mentioned that the IMR Aten is actually WORSE than the FH7 regarding resolution and realistic sound representation. Did I make a good decision?

Oct 8, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #103 of 3,340
Just ordered a pair of Rah thanks to the re-opening of sale slots (2 days ago it was not available!). I was deciding about the best-regarded FiiO FH7 or the IMR Rah (almost same price here) but I was impressed by its technical specifications. This is the first time I purchase an IEM still being manufactured. I read a good review of the IMR R2 Aten by Porta.Fi and another one of the Fiio FH7, and finally I dare to order the Rah. Do you think that it will be better than the FH7 in terms of resolution and detail? In some forums, it is mentioned that the IMR Aten is actually WORSE than the FH7 regarding resolution and realistic sound representation. Did I make a good decision?
I have the FH7 and Aten, and the FH7 bests the Aten for pure resolution (as it would with 4 dedicated BA drivers for mids and highs vs one DD in the Aten). But the Aten bests the FH7 in bass impact. So depends on your music, you can easily use both for different genres (although I'd say the FH7 is more suited to a wider range of genres, unless you feel like constantly changing filters on the Aten). As for the RAH, well that's a total unknown. I trust Bob to make the strange crossover-less configuration work, and find a planar driver worth its salt, but beyond hope we have nothing else at this stage.

Oct 8, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #104 of 3,340
Thank you. I will reconsider my buy, I like bass (Sony XB90EX, Jvc FX850, iBasso IT01...) but above all soundstage and precise-realistic sound representation for pop and R&B music. Do you think the FH7 are then a better safe bet?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #105 of 3,340
Thank you. I will reconsider my buy, I like bass (Sony XB90EX, Jvc FX850, iBasso IT01...) but above all soundstage and precise-realistic sound representation for pop and R&B music. Do you think the FH7 are then a better safe bet?
I would stick with the Rah order. It has the potential to be a great IEM, and if you don't like it, it's so rare that you'll easily be able to sell it for what you bought it, and the FH7 isn't going anywhere. Stick with the Rah if bass is a priority - the FH7 has great bass but it's more neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back