IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #106 of 3,340
Thank you. I will risk it and stick with my Rah order. Planar drives + beryllium/ceramic drives are promising if it could be possible to balance their sound OK. Never seen, I suppose.

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #108 of 3,340
That is also, planar driver + beryllium driver + ceramic driver.
The Cupids are 6mm DD + 8mm Planar and they are very nice ..... I'm expecting aural nirvana from the RAH

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #110 of 3,340
The Cupids are 6mm DD + 8mm Planar and they are very nice ..... I'm expecting aural nirvana from the RAH

I have to be really really honest with you

ME TOOOOOO

Dangerous to have very high expectations of an as yet unseen and unreviewed product.

As to me, I am definitely looking forward to the Rah. But my expectations are tempered by the knowledge that this purchase is a complete shot in the dark.

Yes, Bob creates some amazing IEMs. But does anyone have a perfect record?

Just my 0.02.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #111 of 3,340
Well if we don't search, we don't find. It's not like my life comes to an end if a set of IEMs dont blow me away. These are a luxury not a necessity after all. I have parted with my Zeniths yet I'm ever hopeful :ksc75smile:

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #112 of 3,340
Well if we don't search, we don't find. It's not like my life comes to an end if a set of IEMs dont blow me away. These are a luxury not a necessity after all. I have parted with my Zeniths yet I'm ever hopeful :ksc75smile:

My sentiments too, although I have and will be keeping the Zenith and the Aten for different purposes and music styles. As for the Rah, I will find their niche too.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #113 of 3,340
Of course! I too hope I'll be blown away by the Rah, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised than mildly disappointed. To each their own!

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #114 of 3,340
on the official website they have re-opened the purchase at a discounted price of € 400.00.
I just ordered the atens, I'm interested in Rah already. € 400.00 are not few to buy in the dark without at least reading some reviews. Therefore I expect that the aten arrive, I wait for some review Rah and not excluded to buy these too.

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #115 of 3,340
ah, I add .... always on the site they say that the shipments begin on November 29th.
If times are respected I believe we will not have reviews before December.

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #116 of 3,340
I guess if any reviews come out we can truly gloat if it's all positive since the Rahs are meant to be a limited run.

Be sure to put all your two bits about your Rah experience for all to hear on this thread.

What are we all planning to use the Rah with? I have a few portable stuff that I intend to rotate around with.

For 2.5mm balance I use a Note10+ connected with an iBasso DC-01, Pioneer Xdp-30r and Fiio M11.

I also have a Teac HA-P5 portable DAC/amp that I use with the PC and a Fiio Btr3 BT adapter that I will try it on.
I will probably get the Fiio Btr5 when it's released so I can try a balance connection through BT

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #117 of 3,340
analyzing the prices of the competitors, if we consider that the RHA CL2 has only one 10mm planar driver, it costs about € 1,000, the RAH with three drivers at € 400 is a very competitive price.
certainly they are different with different accessories but .....

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #118 of 3,340
from bob's email this morning
looks like he has 12 slots left for the RAH build.

Oct 12, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #119 of 3,340
Dangerous to have very high expectations of an as yet unseen and unreviewed product.

As to me, I am definitely looking forward to the Rah. But my expectations are tempered by the knowledge that this purchase is a complete shot in the dark.

Yes, Bob creates some amazing IEMs. But does anyone have a perfect record?

Just my 0.02.
My purchase was based on my listening experience of the Arten's which are my current go to IEM's.
This will be a shot in the dark I admit. I'm biding my time regarding theses IEM's arriving at my front door, waiting patiently

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #120 of 3,340
ZlhPnQY.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back