IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #947 of 3,340
The Rahs feel more like Sony's old personal field speakers headphones

I have not heard of these Sony’s you describe but I tried to use a similar concept of the Raal head speakers which I have never heard. It is this concept which the Rah lost after burn in time and switching to blue filter brought back 50% of that feeling and experience of head speakers.

This is all I need, crystal clear at loud volumes with detailed bass in good balanced large quantities that doesn’t put any noticeable pressure and discomfort on the ear drum in a huge out of the head 3D stage and reasonable imaging.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #948 of 3,340
I have not heard of these Sony’s you describe but I tried to use a similar concept of the Raal head speakers which I have never heard. It is this concept which the Rah lost after burn in time and switching to blue filter brought back 50% of that feeling and experience of head speakers.

This is all I need, crystal clear at loud volumes with detailed bass in good balanced large quantities that doesn’t put any noticeable pressure and discomfort on the ear drum in a huge out of the head 3D stage and reasonable imaging.
Seems like we are one of very few who prefer blue bass filter over the others.

For me personally blue is complete bass package. Black is very close but it lacks a bit of that impact for me.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #949 of 3,340
I think I might be the only one that uses green and green.
Still plenty of bass but a bit more balanced.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #950 of 3,340
Seems like we are one of very few who prefer blue bass filter over the others.

For me personally blue is complete bass package. Black is very close but it lacks a bit of that impact for me.

Actually I have not tried the blue lower or any other lower for the fact on the Rah. I meant blue upper opened up the head stage as it closed down after use.

I like the impact of bass to really snap tight but I have to be careful doing that as I’m bass pressure sensitive on the ear drum. I may try the others one day but I’m not chasing the last few percent. Happily content and when something is offending me or just feels not right then I go searching.

Dec 27, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #952 of 3,340
Actually I have not tried the blue lower or any other lower for the fact on the Rah. I meant blue upper opened up the head stage as it closed down after use.

I like the impact of bass to really snap tight but I have to be careful doing that as I’m bass pressure sensitive on the ear drum. I may try the others one day but I’m not chasing the last few percent. Happily content and when something is offending me or just feels not right then I go searching.
Got you wrong then. I actually find even black too bright for electronic music. It just feels too pronounced personally and resecces mids.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #953 of 3,340
My Sedna Earfits arrived today, I’ll test them in a bit.

Has anybody tried the RAH’s with a Sony Dap? I’m thinking of buying a zx507.
I am using wm1a. Coming from lg v30 it is another league. 4.4mm balanced is the way to go. Its warmer sounding, more resolving. Massive stage and imaging. As i dont care about streaming or bluetooth it is all i need. But then i dont have any other higher end daps to compare to.

What i needed to do though was to downgrade to older firmware to make it more musical. Most recent fw made it a bit more metalic sounding, more clinical. So it might be a good or bad thing depending on preference.

507 will be a modernized version. And probably slightly less technical.

I am personally looking to change it to ibasso 220x now. Aa i liked sabres in my v30. And i like the modding idea.

But need to sell my sony first. Would like to keep it as it has only 500 hrs clocked and good condition. But my wife is few months pregnant so need to tighten my belt for a baby soon...

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #954 of 3,340
Got you wrong then. I actually find even black too bright for electronic music. It just feels too pronounced personally and resecces mids.

It’s whatever works works you know. I’m happy, you’re happy kdphan is happy on green green.

I have just now finally figured out comfort finally on the Rah.

Zenith black which is shorter as a 1 piece than the Aten and Rah 2 piece system and with spinfit CP240 double flange but pushed on as far as humanly possible which would cover the hole in the other nozzles. I need the short nozzle to stop it pressing into my canal at a bend but a deep insertion tip. I feel nothing in my ears now but perfectly sealed.

I’ve taken the Zenith gold filter and put that on the Aten but removed the filler to make it a black blue set up. So out of all these filter combinations from 3 IEM there is really only 2 I can use which are the Zenith black and gold. 2 piece system is too long for my ears and the rest have the venting hole in the lower nozzles.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #956 of 3,340
It’s whatever works works you know. I’m happy, you’re happy kdphan is happy on green green.

I have just now finally figured out comfort finally on the Rah.

Zenith black which is shorter as a 1 piece than the Aten and Rah 2 piece system and with spinfit CP240 double flange but pushed on as far as humanly possible which would cover the hole in the other nozzles. I need the short nozzle to stop it pressing into my canal at a bend but a deep insertion tip. I feel nothing in my ears now but perfectly sealed.

I’ve taken the Zenith gold filter and put that on the Aten but removed the filler to make it a black blue set up. So out of all these filter combinations from 3 IEM there is really only 2 I can use which are the Zenith black and gold. 2 piece system is too long for my ears and the rest have the venting hole in the lower nozzles.
Yes i noticed the filter was shorter zenith. What rah filters do though it makes a more secure fit with my spiral dots. With zeniths i had to re tighten the fit while moving. This is gone now. Making rah fit flawless

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #957 of 3,340
Yes i noticed the filter was shorter zenith. What rah filters do though it makes a more secure fit with my spiral dots. With zeniths i had to re tighten the fit while moving. This is gone now. Making rah fit flawless
Yes totally agree with you. Mine do the same because of the extra weight hanging on the vent screw so the longer filters help on the Zenith. The weight is more balanced with Rah and Aten so short is perfect for my ears.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #958 of 3,340

Blue/Blue sounds amazing, especially for fast paced electronic music. It feels a more snappier than the black lower filter and delivers even more impact. Maybe less subbass, but for now I prefer it.
The grey one has less impact and the golden one feels muffled, just like on the R2. Red feels similar to the grey one, with less subbass.

Haven't tried more nozzles, but if it's similar to the R2 then those will be pretty genre specific without a general best option.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #959 of 3,340
Blue/Blue sounds amazing, especially for fast paced electronic music. It feels a more snappier than the black one and delivers even more impact. Maybe less subbass, but for now I prefer it.
The grey has less impact and the golden one feels muffled, just like on the R2. Red feels similar to the grey one, with less subbass.

Haven't tried more nozzles, but if it's similar to the R2 then those will be pretty genre specific without a general best option.

I need to remove the filter material from the Zenith filters and see how they perform on the Rah someday I guess. Figure out which hole sizes match to increase my chances of having more than the singular filter set up that I currently have.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #960 of 3,340
Ahhh congratulations for you both and technically you’re both pregnant just she’s physically and you’re mentally.

and commiserations for you lol
Thank you. Well she definately is making sure im pregnant mentally too....haha.

But yeah, thats why i am trying to sell my current stuff now to buy new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back