IMR R2 Aten Thread
Aug 24, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #631 of 1,305
How does one get these discounts?

Guess what I will be watching next, I have never watched it all the way through
Bob said that HBB apparently took down the quote before he could even see it; it must've not been up long lol.

Aug 24, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #632 of 1,305
So the bass is more visceral on the R2's vs your S8P's and the Roland's ?

I guess I buy R2's now and I have signed up for the RAH's . I own the S8F's and Sony 800ST's;s and love the wide sound stage and deep sub bass of the large DD.

Yes buy the R2's if you can. They are one of the most magical pair of headphones I've encountered. I usually only use iems when out as have a stupid number of over ears for home use but I am choosing these over all of them at the mo including my stax L700's which says a lot.

I think these with the discount have surpassed my b stock R1's as my best headphone bargain.

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #633 of 1,305
Yes buy the R2's if you can. They are one of the most magical pair of headphones I've encountered. I usually only use iems when out as have a stupid number of over ears for home use but I am choosing these over all of them at the mo including my stax L700's which says a lot.

I think these with the discount have surpassed my b stock R1's as my best headphone bargain.
I bought the R2's and signed for the RAH's.

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #634 of 1,305
I'll chime in on this piece, if you only care about deep clean bass get the zeneths

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #635 of 1,305
I'll chime in on this piece, if you only care about deep clean bass get the zeneths
I agree with that. I havent heard the R2s but the Bass on the Zeniths is incredible. I was concerned with all the talk that they could be "Bass Head IEMS" because I love sound but I'm not into Beats type Boom Boom. Anyway what I found was an incredible quantity and depth of bass and sub bass with a great detail to it without ever getting muddy or crowding out the mids.
Give Victor Wooten's "A Show of Hands" a listen with just about anything and then listen with one of Bob's Materpieces .... and you'll hear detail in bass you likely have never heard before.

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #636 of 1,305
I enjoy the R2 quite a bit even though I have much more expensive headphones/IEMs.

They might not be as detailed or big soundstage as others, but they just put a big smile on your face.

They are an amazing value at $350 (that’s what I think I paid)

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #637 of 1,305
I agree with that. I havent heard the R2s but the Bass on the Zeniths is incredible. I was concerned with all the talk that they could be "Bass Head IEMS" because I love sound but I'm not into Beats type Boom Boom. Anyway what I found was an incredible quantity and depth of bass and sub bass with a great detail to it without ever getting muddy or crowding out the mids.
Give Victor Wooten's "A Show of Hands" a listen with just about anything and then listen with one of Bob's Materpieces .... and you'll hear detail in bass you likely have never heard before.
The bass on the R2s is nuts. I've taken to listening with the lower bass quantity filters just because I want to hear all the details they bring out down low and revel in the big picture.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #640 of 1,305
The important thing is that they are back compatibles and availables for the R2 :wink:
They should be backwards compatible with any IMR IEM so far. So that gives even the Zeniths some additional tuning options.

So far the Reservation numbers look pretty good. Almost 170 in less than one week. I am confident we will reach 300, together with the 400£ price point.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #641 of 1,305
I've been gently referencing (promoting) them on other threads. The P1s have woken lots of people up to the possibility of Planar in an IEM so when the subject comes up, it the perfect entry point to let them know what Bob has been up to.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #642 of 1,305
They should be backwards compatible with any IMR IEM so far. So that gives even the Zeniths some additional tuning options.

So far the Reservation numbers look pretty good. Almost 170 in less than one week. I am confident we will reach 300, together with the 400£ price point.
Good mercy, 400 on these will be completely insane value.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #643 of 1,305
And Bob Has promised the full loyalty discount to be extended to RAH as well.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #644 of 1,305
I've been gently referencing (promoting) them on other threads. The P1s have woken lots of people up to the possibility of Planar in an IEM so when the subject comes up, it the perfect entry point to let them know what Bob has been up to.

Planar tweeters are very sweet IMHO. I lke too much trebles rendition from the EMIT tweeters of my Infinty home speakers. The only con about them is: they are quite directional, but in an IEM i believe directionality problem doesn't sussist.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #645 of 1,305
The important thing is that they are back compatibles and availables for the R2 :wink:

Yes, fully compatible At the burn-in beginnng i've placd some R1 filters on the Atens with no problems. I've also read on some other thread, Trinity filters are compatible too with IMRs. But i don't own any Trinity IEM so i can't verify.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back