IMR - R1 Thread
Sep 22, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #3,061 of 3,190
Sep 22, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #3,062 of 3,190
A good Dap to pair my IMR that Could sound Like Chord Or better?

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #3,064 of 3,190
Someone said it has a bad and slow software usage, is it true?

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #3,065 of 3,190
Someone said it has a bad and slow software usage, is it true?
I only tested it for 15 minutes but I liked that the Android experience felt like a modern phone instead of a device with compromised CPU/RAM specs and an outdated OS, as it was with so many DAPs a couple of years ago.

Sep 23, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #3,066 of 3,190
Sep 23, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #3,067 of 3,190
These sound more like £1000 iems to me and yet I paid less than £300. I have rah on pre order and wondering about buying Aten...

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #3,068 of 3,190
Sep 23, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #3,069 of 3,190
Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. Sorry about that!

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #3,070 of 3,190
These sound more like £1000 iems to me and yet I paid less than £300. I have rah on pre order and wondering about buying Aten...
The Zenith didn’t really do it for me. Too hot, too wild. Been quietly testing the Aten for the last few days. It’s so much better...in almost every way. More refined, more musical, more controlled. The Rah is a total unknown at this stage, but the Aten is an easy rec. The Zenith was a good try at pushing the R1 design to the max. The Aten is the finished product.

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #3,071 of 3,190
The Zenith didn’t really do it for me. Too hot, too wild. Been quietly testing the Aten for the last few days. It’s so much better...in almost every way. More refined, more musical, more controlled. The Rah is a total unknown at this stage, but the Aten is an easy rec. The Zenith was a good try at pushing the R1 design to the max. The Aten is the finished product.
That's a nice way to put it. I sold my Zeniths. Bob, would have taken them back, but I didn't want to saddle him that. I'm enjoying the oB Cupid while I wait for the RAH to be delivered. I'm optimistically enthusiastic about them. I've come to LOVE planar and the Aten feedback has been more than positive.

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #3,072 of 3,190
That's a nice way to put it. I sold my Zeniths. Bob, would have taken them back, but I didn't want to saddle him that. I'm enjoying the oB Cupid while I wait for the RAH to be delivered. I'm optimistically enthusiastic about them. I've come to LOVE planar and the Aten feedback has been more than positive.
I’m yet to hear a planar IEM. Been put off by all the hype surrounding the Tin P1, and not a fan of Audeze’s in-ears. Very curious about the Cupid however, despite so-so reviews. Your feedback is encouraging indeed!

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #3,073 of 3,190

I like my R1 Zenith, and it is a solid part of my weekly rotation (my commute is 3 hours round trip so I have considerable opportunity to listen to one IEM per week). But it is is definitely in a tier below the R2 Aten. The other IEMs keeping it company in that second tier are the DM6, the DM7, the MS4, the KPE, and the TSMR-3Pro (the TSMR, DM6, and KPE being the first among seconds on that list). I have several IEMs in tiers below these. The only two IEMs that I have that I would put in the top tier of those I have are the R2 Aten and the S8F.

I have lots of hope for the Rah, but we'll just have to see - we are all buying on faith.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #3,074 of 3,190
I like my R1 Zenith, and it is a solid part of my weekly rotation (my commute is 3 hours round trip so I have considerable opportunity to listen to one IEM per week). But it is is definitely in a tier below the R2 Aten. The other IEMs keeping it company in that second tier are the DM6, the DM7, the MS4, the KPE, and the TSMR-3Pro (the TSMR, DM6, and KPE being the first among seconds on that list). I have several IEMs in tiers below these. The only two IEMs that I have that I would put in the top tier of those I have are the R2 Aten and the S8F.

I have lots of hope for the Rah, but we'll just have to see - we are all buying on faith.
I haven't heard the DM6/7 or the Aten (#1 on my shortlist) but to my ears the Zeniths clearly play in a technical league above the KPE - not just at my standard low listening levels - YMMV.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #3,075 of 3,190
I just saw the Z reviews obravo iems on .

Anyone know if these are related to imr? Same concept of hybrid superimposed drivers.

And boy does Z get excited over the new style of experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back