• Poll closed .
Feb 8, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #17,236 of 18,143
Special something in the mail today.

Attachments

• IMG20240208125656.jpg
    IMG20240208125656.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #17,240 of 18,143
Not quite a correct statement (or conclusion).
Yes, TITAN and Enigma+est are somewhat similar, but there are still differences and they are big. In terms of bass, they are approximately the same, but Enigma does more and better. In terms of mid-frequencies, the Enigma sound is similar to the sound of a planar driver, it sounds very pleasant and quite detailed and transparent (I think this is the work of the AMT and MEM drivers). High frequencies are also better, they are more accentuated and with long-range attenuation, still better (I think that in addition to the EST driver, the AMT and MEM drivers join this).

TITAN sounds very impressive, but if you listen to ENIGMA + there are differences.

I suggest everyone who has TITAN and ENIGMA to listen with Pentaconn Coreir BRASS tips and an EA CADMUS 8W cable, you will be guaranteed to be impressed by the sound of TITAN and ENIGMA.
Do you still have your Titan?

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #17,241 of 18,143
If its not too much can you post a picture of the tips with the IMR filter ?
Unfortunately I sold all my imr. Will be getting an elan from a friend soon though. Anyways I guess they will fit imr nozzle. The only problem I have with these tips is with my um mest, because of the brass tube inside the tips which fits against the nozzle of the iem, you can not insert the tips deep for a better stability which leads sometimes while removing the iem from my ears that the tip is detached. Its not a big deal though, I still use it with the mest with enough stability while listening.

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #17,242 of 18,143
Unfortunately I sold all my imr. Will be getting an elan from a friend soon though. Anyways I guess they will fit imr nozzle. The only problem I have with these tips is with my um mest, because of the brass tube inside the tips which fits against the nozzle of the iem, you can not insert the tips deep for a better stability which leads sometimes while removing the iem from my ears that the tip is detached. Its not a big deal though, I still use it with the mest with enough stability while listening.
I am concerned about the brass tube and how it would fit on the filter.
Should I buy a size L tip to ensure it fits on the IMR filter ?.
I normally use M tips.

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #17,243 of 18,143
Oh yes, it was about time!!
Tell us what you think
First 10 mins were underwhelming but after that it sounds exquisite.
Smooth like silk along with beautiful thumping bass.

czardas...felt like I was in the same room as the violinist.

Not so bad by Dimitri vegas ....bass knocked my socks off.

Just dropped in / Mickey Newbury ....smooth vocals ... acoustics guitars

Good start indeed !

Setup ibasso Dx 320 + ea code 23 + velvet + enigma de black/black

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #17,244 of 18,143
I normally use M tips.
I use one M and one L. The brass sits on top of the imr tube/filter. The main issue for some (me included) is getting them deep enough for BC drivers. With titan it means really shoving them as far as possible into my ear which results in physical fatigue relatively quickly. The brass tube is the same circumference and length in m and l sizes I believe so the variable of relevance to fit is the size of the latex/whatever material as a typical ear tip.
After two days with Enigma+, I can say that I agree with every point you made comparing it to Titan. I don't have much to add. They are definitely different sounding IEMs, but very close in many respects. Sort of like identical twins that you can still tell apart.

Mine only has maybe 20 hours on it so far, but I'm assuming yours has more by now. Do you have any new impressions?
Due to gf visit I've not listened much since I wrote my previous post!

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #17,245 of 18,143
I normally use M tips.
The brass tube sits over the nozzle and doesn't go around it, the part that goes around the nozzle is just a normal silicon tube, the brass tube is just shoved deep inside this silicon tube on the side of the ear. I guess the diameter of the brass tube is the same with different sizes, so you don't have to worry about that. Like I said I normally have size M but with these I got better fit and sound with L, so I would get the one with M&L to be on the safe side.

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #17,246 of 18,143
I use one M and one L. The brass sits on top of the imr tube/filter. The main issue for some (me included) is getting them deep enough for BC drivers. With titan it means really shoving them as far as possible into my ear which results in physical fatigue relatively quickly. The brass tube is the same circumference and length in m and l sizes I believe so the variable of relevance to fit is the size of the latex/whatever material as a typical ear tip.

Due to gf visit I've not listened much since I wrote my previous post!
Thank you now i understand what the sizing could be .

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #17,247 of 18,143
The brass tube sits over the nozzle and doesn't go around it, the part that goes around the nozzle is just a normal silicon tube, the brass tube is just shoved deep inside this silicon tube on the side of the ear. I guess the diameter of the brass tube is the same with different sizes, so you don't have to worry about that. Like I said I normally have size M but with these I got better fit and sound with L, so I would get the one with M&L to be on the safe side.
Thank you this was very helpful.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #17,248 of 18,143
I normally use M tips.

A cheap DIY alternative of these eartips was posted a while back in this thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/page-189

content copied from the thread:

So I've been interested in getting the Pentaconn COREIR eartips for awhile, but I've been seeing a lot of fitment issues, and considering it's 50 USD pricetag, I put it on hold for now. Then I stumbled upon these metal coil thingies in my drawer and came up with this idea.
1701892009224.jpg

A word of caution: before trying this, there's a possibility of the metal tube damaging the mesh on the nozzle or slipping out of the eartips. I'm not liable for your injury or damage to your property.
1701892009225.jpg

It's a very simple procedure. I just placed the metal tube thingy inside the stem of the eartips. Finding eartips that will fit is easy for me because I have a lot of stock tips lying around that I don't mind experimenting on.
1701892009222.jpg

The first thing I noticed an overall improvement in sense of separation and detail, especially the bass response, while using these with my IEMs.The bass is more punchy, with enhanced texture and

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #17,249 of 18,143
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/page-189

content copied from the thread:

So I've been interested in getting the Pentaconn COREIR eartips for awhile, but I've been seeing a lot of fitment issues, and considering it's 50 USD pricetag, I put it on hold for now. Then I stumbled upon these metal coil thingies in my drawer and came up with this idea.
1701892009224.jpg

A word of caution: before trying this, there's a possibility of the metal tube damaging the mesh on the nozzle or slipping out of the eartips. I'm not liable for your injury or damage to your property.
1701892009225.jpg

It's a very simple procedure. I just placed the metal tube thingy inside the stem of the eartips. Finding eartips that will fit is easy for me because I have a lot of stock tips lying around that I don't mind experimenting on.
1701892009222.jpg

The first thing I noticed an overall improvement in sense of separation and detail, especially the bass response, while using these with my IEMs.The bass is more punchy, with enhanced texture and
Some one tried this just to see if the metal makes a difference.
Then went ahead and bought the tips.
The loose metal is dangerous !
Im not trying this.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #17,250 of 18,143
This is really interesting, thanks for sharing. I would surely be interested to try it. I guess the problem would be finding such a coil or tube with appropriate size. I wouldn't worry about the metallic part scratching the nozzle of the iem as much as worrying about it detaching and falling in my ear canal!! It should be fixed or glued properly somehow. This can open the door to another dimension of experimenting with different materials and sizes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back