Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 8, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #17,251 of 18,496
This is really interesting, thanks for sharing. I would surely be interested to try it. I guess the problem would be finding such a coil or tube with appropriate size. I wouldn't worry about the metallic part scratching the nozzle of the iem as much as worrying about it detaching and falling in my ear canal!! It should be fixed or glued properly somehow. This can open the door to another dimension of experimenting with different materials and sizes :)
These are called thread inserts. Should be available in hardware stores.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #17,255 of 18,496
Feb 8, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #17,256 of 18,496
Enigma+ is burning in SUPER nicely. I'm starting to be able to pick out the differences between it and the Titan. Still going to give it more time, but in a word, I would call the Enigma+ "Refined". The midrange is really something special.

Feb 8, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #17,257 of 18,496
ENIGMA+ also has very good sub-bass, I have never heard this in an IEM.
I really like the way Bob set up the ENIGMA+, they are amazing IEM.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #17,258 of 18,496
I was not expecting any more something would happen .. but without asking anything I just got this email
It should be a very good news If I get the Enigma AMT ...

1707479264447.png

Attachments

• 1707479113372.png
    1707479113372.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #17,259 of 18,496
I want to add that I'm stunned to hear just how closely tuned the Enigma+ and Titan are to each other. I have mine set up with the exact same filter nozzles and ear tips, and if I wasn't comparing them A/B back to back, I couldn't tell them apart. Not only do they sound virtually identical, but they are essentially equal in performance capability.

I just find this incredible, since they have different driver sets. I thought Enigma would sound much different due to the MEMS and AMT drivers, but the two IEMs are very similar.

Overall Enigma+ has a more refined sound, more soulful vocals, broader stage (especially taller) and better layering. But only noticeable by direct comparison. Bass is identical, maybe Enigma+ has the edge in fullness but it's so close I may be only imagining that. Mids are clearly in Enigma's favor, they are glorious with zero glare. The vocals have more warmth and clarity; words are more easily decipherable in the mix. Treble is where Titan has the edge, which I'm guessing is due to the quad ESTs. Titan also seems to have an edge in coherency too, which could either be due to the drivers themselves or possibly just that my Enigma+ isn't fully burned in yet. It's a small difference at this point, but again it's only noticeable with a direct back to back A/B comparison if you're looking for it.

In my opinion, Enigma+ is the best IMR offering I've heard yet. If it rates a 10/10, then Titan is a 9.5/10. They're so close that it's actually shocking. They vary mostly in presentation and mids quality, but it's more of a nuance than a concrete difference. Bob had told me a while back that they were at the same level of performance and that Enigma would possibly offer "something more". I think he was 100% right on both counts.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #17,260 of 18,496
Yes, they are somewhat similar, they are very similar in sound presentation, but they are still different, Enigma+ has very deep lows and sub-bass. They go very deep, the mid frequencies are also different, in terms of HF I think that Enigma+ is also ahead. This is all from memory, because I don't have TITAN.

our impressions may be different because we listen on different equipment and with different settings (tips, cable). I'm currently listening with Pentaconn Coreir BRASS tips + EA CADMUS 8W cable.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #17,261 of 18,496
If anyone wants to experience ENIGMA+ -like sound in over-ear headphones, try HiFiMan HE1000SE

Feb 9, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #17,262 of 18,496
I want to add that I'm stunned to hear just how closely tuned the Enigma+ and Titan are to each other. I have mine set up with the exact same filter nozzles and ear tips, and if I wasn't comparing them A/B back to back, I couldn't tell them apart. Not only do they sound virtually identical, but they are essentially equal in performance capability.

I just find this incredible, since they have different driver sets. I thought Enigma would sound much different due to the MEMS and AMT drivers, but the two IEMs are very similar.

Overall Enigma+ has a more refined sound, more soulful vocals, broader stage (especially taller) and better layering. But only noticeable by direct comparison. Bass is identical, maybe Enigma+ has the edge in fullness but it's so close I may be only imagining that. Mids are clearly in Enigma's favor, they are glorious with zero glare. The vocals have more warmth and clarity; words are more easily decipherable in the mix. Treble is where Titan has the edge, which I'm guessing is due to the quad ESTs. Titan also seems to have an edge in coherency too, which could either be due to the drivers themselves or possibly just that my Enigma+ isn't fully burned in yet. It's a small difference at this point, but again it's only noticeable with a direct back to back A/B comparison if you're looking for it.

In my opinion, Enigma+ is the best IMR offering I've heard yet. If it rates a 10/10, then Titan is a 9.5/10. They're so close that it's actually shocking. They vary mostly in presentation and mids quality, but it's more of a nuance than a concrete difference. Bob had told me a while back that they were at the same level of performance and that Enigma would possibly offer "something more". I think he was 100% right on both counts.
It's crazy that they would be so similar
Very Interesting.
Im switching between Enigma+ and Seraph now and then and there are great similarities with these too.
For half the price Seraph is quite amazing.

Feb 9, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #17,264 of 18,496
Yes, they are somewhat similar, they are very similar in sound presentation, but they are still different, Enigma+ has very deep lows and sub-bass. They go very deep, the mid frequencies are also different, in terms of HF I think that Enigma+ is also ahead. This is all from memory, because I don't have TITAN.
I spent about 3 hours yesterday comparing them directly back to back with the same filter nozzles and ear tips. Trust me when I say that the bass is identical, with the slight exception of possibly more sense of fullness with Enigma. But that could be due to the broader sound presentation overall, I can't be sure. If anything, Titan has SLIGHTLY more texture, but it's almost impossible to tell them apart honestly.

Titan has more prominent and better extended high frequencies. I don't consider it "better", however. I prefer my highs a bit smoother and refined, which is where Enigma sounds better for me. But it is easy to hear that Titans highs are sharper and stand out more in the mix.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #17,265 of 18,496

Users who are viewing this thread

Back