Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 2, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #17,072 of 18,143
If you can’t hear the difference, why did you buy a cable for $900?
I, too, once didn’t know that cables affect the sound and didn’t understand why there was such a difference in price, but after listening, I understood why. Of course, I will not go to the price range of 600 and above, although I am sure that changes in sound will be expected.
I was convinced that all people hear differently even with the same headphones.

It came with a the iem which was discounted. It's nice to touch and looks good so some would buy it for that alone. By the time I've carefully changed cables a few minutes has passed which makes critical listening difficult, plus now I 'don't sweat it' it's not that important as my iem's sound good already.

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #17,073 of 18,143
This whole cable discussion reminds me of a laundry detergent experiment from years ago. The conclusion was: All detergents work okay, but Tide cleans the best. So, you can choose which one you want based on your budget and cleanliness requirements, and it'll probably clean your clothes okay, but you can't go wrong with Tide even though it costs more.

Similarly, you can choose any cable you want, and it'll probably be okay, depending on your personal taste and ability to detect a difference in sound. But you can't go wrong with a good quality, thick cable from a reputable manufacturer even though it costs more.
Totally agree. I guess also what matters is music enjoyment and synergy of your setup. I once sold an expensive cable because it was just giving me too much details and throwing everything in my face letting me not enjoying the music as I used to with the same setup using the old cable, so I just sold it and got back to the less revealing cheaper one. Sometimes I don't hear a sonic difference but one cable just sound sweeter than the other, maybe it is a placebo but I guess it has to do with coherency and the way it delivers transients, making the total experience more enjoyable without a change in the frequency spectrum.

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #17,074 of 18,143
If people do not hear any different sound with different cables, they should be happy(or change the hobby).
Saves them a lot of money.

Got a NiceHCK SilverCat today and it replaces my PW Audio No10 on the ACE. Just like it better.

Retail for the PW Audio was 269$, got the SilverCat for 25€ on sale. It`s all about synergy.
Not always is it the more expensive one that works best.
At least for me 😎

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #17,075 of 18,143
I've owned many cables from cheap ones up through more expensive ones from Effect Audio, Null Audio, PW Audio, etc. While I do hear differences in the cables it's always very minimal for me. I buy and use aftermarket cables because I enjoy a good looking cable that also is soft and flexible. I hate a stiff tangle prone cable.

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #17,076 of 18,143
If people do not hear any different sound with different cables, they should be happy(or change the hobby).
Saves them a lot of money.

Got a NiceHCK SilverCat today and it replaces my PW Audio No10 on the ACE. Just like it better.

Retail for the PW Audio was 269$, got the SilverCat for 25€ on sale. It`s all about synergy.
Not always is it the more expensive one that works best.
At least for me 😎

Just picked up the SilverCat for $29 after reading your post, thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #17,077 of 18,143
Enigma+ In da house

Attachments

• IMG_6802.jpeg
    IMG_6802.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #17,078 of 18,143
Finally!!!!! 🎊

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #17,080 of 18,143
Got an update for my Enigma. Should be here Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back