Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 1, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #17,043 of 18,531
By all means enjoy the hobby however you wish - nobody should criticise you for using whatever cable you enjoy. But we really are not deluded or lying to you about cables having an effect.
I may have misunderstood. At no point do I claim that anyone is trying to lie (I'm talking about people, especially on this forum. If we talk about companies, I think they all lie). Everyone has a different sensibility when it comes to sound, which is a matter of feelings.

All I am saying is that in my opinion, a 400€ cable is a rip-off, and that in my opinion in this matter of cables, the placebo effect, which happens to all of us, including me, can be a very important factor. This is simply my opinion, although I also have to say that I am not alone in my opinion.

Feb 1, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #17,044 of 18,531
In general I use the cables provided by the manufacturer of the iems, except in cases where the original cable is a piece of crap, such as the empire ears Zeus xiv, noble kaiser k10, or even the u12t. In these cases, the replacement has been NiceHCK from AliExpress. I don't think I can be of any help to you on this, since as I mentioned I find it very hard to understand that there are differences beyond the placebo effect.
If you still have old IMR sets , try using the old black cable with a newer set and then A/B this with the Pro IMR cable.
Then come back to us and share your impressions.

Feb 1, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #17,045 of 18,531
Interesting... :)

How IEMs are made - 64 Audio factory tour​

Thanks, Jon.

Nice to hear someone on the "inside" talk about diminishing returns, and how their lower-end IEMs are 90% (or maybe more) of their TOTL. Refreshing.

Feb 1, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #17,047 of 18,531
I may have misunderstood. At no point do I claim that anyone is trying to lie (I'm talking about people, especially on this forum. If we talk about companies, I think they all lie). Everyone has a different sensibility when it comes to sound, which is a matter of feelings.

All I am saying is that in my opinion, a 400€ cable is a rip-off, and that in my opinion in this matter of cables, the placebo effect, which happens to all of us, including me, can be a very important factor. This is simply my opinion, although I also have to say that I am not alone in my opinion.
Sorry, so many people are irrationally anti-cable that I worded that too strongly.

I agree with you that $400 is way more than I’d ever spend on a cable. Even if the materials and research made it a fair price, I couldn’t justify it to myself, and there are so many fantastic options at a fraction of that. Some of my favourite cables are Xinhs, ivipQ and NiceHCK cables that cost $20-40.

Anyway, I’ve talked too much on this - I only spoke up because a physicist was requested.

Getting back to IMR: I just listened to my Ozar for the first time since before Christmas. That clarity and bass is such fun. I really hope Bob gets back on form, so we can focus on his creations and not the negativity he has caused in recent times. Good luck to all those still waiting!

Feb 1, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #17,049 of 18,531
Sorry, so many people are irrationally anti-cable that I worded that too strongly.

I agree with you that $400 is way more than I’d ever spend on a cable. Even if the materials and research made it a fair price, I couldn’t justify it to myself, and there are so many fantastic options at a fraction of that. Some of my favourite cables are Xinhs, ivipQ and NiceHCK cables that cost $20-40.

Anyway, I’ve talked too much on this - I only spoke up because a physicist was requested.

Getting back to IMR: I just listened to my Ozar for the first time since before Christmas. That clarity and bass is such fun. I really hope Bob gets back on form, so we can focus on his creations and not the negativity he has caused in recent times. Good luck to all those still waiting!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yesterday I purchase an Enigma from Ebay, and today it's on track to home by DHL. When Bob really has the product, things change a lot (BTW, you can get a really good deal using "make an offer")

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #17,055 of 18,531
If anyone's interested, I'm making my RED Dawn available. DM me for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back