Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 2, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #17,104 of 18,533
Im übrigen, sollte jemand einen Astra Ultraque sein eigen nennen und ihn nicht mehr benötigen, ich hätte da ein gewisses Interesse 😁
Translation
"By the way, if someone owns an Astra Ultraque and no longer needs it, I would be somewhat interested"

Sold mine a couple of years ago//

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #17,105 of 18,533
Im übrigen, sollte jemand einen Astra Ultraque sein eigen nennen und ihn nicht mehr benötigen, ich hätte da ein gewisses Interesse 😁
echt?

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #17,106 of 18,533
Speaking of ACE, I miss that one which I gave to a good friend some time ago.
How do you find it now after experiencing all the other high end IMRs?
I still use mine fairly regularly as a travel IEM. When paired with my FiiO M3Pro, it produces a superb bass-centric sound with great impact and resolution. I use the stock cables and Whizzer SS20 tips for a super-comfortable fit. I think it competes in the 200-500 range along with some others, but honestly it's unique in its staging, bass impact, and detail. It can't compete with Titan or (hopefully) Enigma, but I'm keeping it around even amongst my more expensive IEMs because it is a gem of an IEM overall.

My most recent discovery is the ISN Neo 3, which seems to be an unimpressive little IEM upon first listen, but it turns into a really surprising all-rounder with the right cable. It's a newcomer with a very high technical ceiling and just needs a good quality aftermarket cable and tips to bring out its hidden performance. It's unfortunate, but ISN ships these little treasures with a crappy cable and tips that makes them sound fairly low end. But their technical prowess is much higher than their stock package might indicate. The Neo 3 is a really superbly designed IEM with high potential. Once you replace the cable with something more substantial and upgrade the tips, you are rewarded with a very high end setup.

Unfortunately, Bob's poor business practices have forced me to look into other manufacturers and I've found some really nice competitors out there, including ISN/Penon. The EST50 is an absolute BEAST of an IEM which has a huge bass presence, and the newly-released Neo 3 is a terrific all-rounder as well for much less $$. They both have a different sound signature and presentation, but once you get accustomed to it you really have a hard time going back. I love IMR's house sound, but ISN's house sound is equally addicting and their offerings are readily available at lower prices with arguably higher levels of performance. I've been shifting over to them gradually over the past several months and I'm very, very impressed.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #17,109 of 18,533
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #17,110 of 18,533
I too have discovered Penon, Sonic Memory, Oriveti and soon Tansio Mirai X not to mention the Fiio FH9 having said that I had an amazing listening experience with the EDP Ace with Effect Audio Cadmus S 8W and the Sony Nw-WM1A last night.

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #17,111 of 18,533
I too have discovered Penon, Sonic Memory, Oriveti and soon Tansio Mirai X not to mention the Fiio FH9 having said that I had an amazing listening experience with the EDP Ace with Effect Audio Cadmus S 8W and the Sony Nw-WM1A last night.
That sounds like a tremendous setup for the ACE. The Cadmus 8w is a spectacular cable, isn't it? Let me know how you like the Mirai-X.

Frankly, the EST50 with Cadmus 8w is blowing my mind lately. I've just never heard anything like it before. IMR makes great IEMs, but there is another entire world out there. I'm living in it now, and I'm blown away.

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #17,113 of 18,533
That sounds like a tremendous setup for the ACE. The Cadmus 8w is a spectacular cable, isn't it? Let me know how you like the Mirai-X.

Frankly, the EST50 with Cadmus 8w is blowing my mind lately. I've just never heard anything like it before. IMR makes great IEMs, but there is another entire world out there. I'm living in it now, and I'm blown away.
I confirm, CADMUS 8W sounds amazing with Enigma+, with CADMUS you get a balanced sound.
But if you want the bass to be even more rumbling in the chest, and the mids to be more lively and melodious, then use the ARES S 8W.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #17,114 of 18,533
I confirm, CADMUS 8W sounds amazing with Enigma+, with CADMUS you get a balanced sound.
But if you want the bass to be even more rumbling in the chest, and the mids to be more lively and melodious, then use the ARES S 8W.

Look forward to try out various cables. I have not yet begun to cable roll. Still burn in my Enigma+ with the stock cable. The Enigma is taking away almost 100% of the playtime from all other sets atm. Just don't want to / feel no need to listen to something else. Kind of a new experience. Glad that some more of you have been delivered meanwhile...

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #17,115 of 18,533
Look forward to try out various cables. I have not yet begun to cable roll. Still burn in my Enigma+ with the stock cable. The Enigma is taking away almost 100% of the playtime from all other sets atm. Just don't want to / feel no need to listen to something else. Kind of a new experience. Glad that some more of you have been delivered meanwhile...
Do you have the Enigma or the Enigma+ ?
If you have the Enigma+ it's best to clarify it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back