• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 18, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #13,921 of 17,972
Aug 18, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #13,923 of 17,972
So I have now received tracking for both Zion and Na-Le my first tracking numbers for either so I feel confident I will have both early next week. Watch this space...
Wow. I didn't even get an email about paying the remaining balance for my Zion preorder.

Aug 19, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #13,925 of 17,972
Went to canjam for the first time. Got to say, heard some stuff that was very satisfying...64audio nio (u12 is exceptionally polite and decent...and just good), radon 6 (hard no to its siblings except the gold one...xe5 maybe), noble sultan (wow to spaciousness) and a new one with bone conduction layering the mids, and of course, the storm.

Edit: qdc xv also earned a wow from me

I think my takeaway was that it's a damn shame about the hot treble with recent BA sets bc if not for that(but really despite it), IMR is the value king as I felt none of what I heard today truly outperformed the IMR sets I have by a margin that makes them hundreds if not thousands better. It would just be buying for the sake of it at this point.

That said, the storm really is special...no two ways about it...but requires one to cash out their mortgage.

Aug 19, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #13,926 of 17,972
I think my takeaway was that it's a damn shame about the hot treble with recent BA sets
If you mean perhaps the Elan+, among others ... treble on mine did start pretty hot, but over time and with some combo of burn-in, brain-burn in, and filter adjustment, I don't really even think about it anymore. They're right on the nuggets, for my ears.

Aug 20, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #13,927 of 17,972
If you mean perhaps the Elan+, among others ... treble on mine did start pretty hot, but over time and with some combo of burn-in, brain-burn in, and filter adjustment, I don't really even think about it anymore. They're right on the nuggets, for my ears.
My Elan+ now has zero issues with treble at all anymore...burn in, tweaks etc has brought them to about as perfect as I could wish for.
In general its possible to tweak any IMR to your own perfection. The Elann+ does have an energetic lively presentation thats for sure. As such when you match it with the right music / the right mood it is sublime

I was listening today with the Semper and very much enjoying the absolute effortless experience of enjoying music whilst not being distracted by anything with how the sound was presented. Such a natural sound

I swopped over to the Elan+ and was surprised at the immediate and profound difference (listening to Wilco - The Whole Love)
Immediately the vocals were taken out of the mix and presented front and centre and a veritable explosions of details appeared all over the sound stage. Incredible difference
Like going from a relaxed snooze in a summer meadow to a full on Christmas party.
The holographic 3D imaging is a delight.
It always impresses me with the Elan+ that I can go to any instrument anywhere in the mix and zone into its sound, enjoying its unique qualities, even its own transients !! whilst still enjoying all of the instruments as a whole mix

BTW - Wilco as a band is very imaginative in their songwriting and so never boring! Also their recording, production and mastering is always very Audiophile in quality.
I didnt think much of them on first listen but there are a lot of albums to choose from if its your kind of music...highly recc'd

Aug 20, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #13,928 of 17,972
Went to canjam for the first time. Got to say, heard some stuff that was very satisfying...64audio nio (u12 is exceptionally polite and decent...and just good), radon 6 (hard no to its siblings except the gold one...xe5 maybe), noble sultan (wow to spaciousness) and a new one with bone conduction layering the mids, and of course, the storm.

Edit: qdc xv also earned a wow from me

I think my takeaway was that it's a damn shame about the hot treble with recent BA sets bc if not for that(but really despite it), IMR is the value king as I felt none of what I heard today truly outperformed the IMR sets I have by a margin that makes them hundreds if not thousands better. It would just be buying for the sake of it at this point.

That said, the storm really is special...no two ways about it...but requires one to cash out their mortgage.

10 days before I had short listens to some very expensive TOTL iems but I feeled some of them were not even on par with Seraph
the only one really amazed me was the Nalgastic Tesseract but it had completely different sound signature

Aug 20, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #13,929 of 17,972
Here I sit listening to my pair of Oriolus Szalayi and it occurs to me that this is a very complementary set to my IMR units. Similar tuning in many ways, with a huge soundstage and terrific timbre. Details are slightly held back a bit, but that only serves to unify the soundstage and coherency. The bass isn't quite IMR level, but it's extremely solid, reaches deep, and rumbles strongly. Outstanding for a 10mm DD. The balance of the Szalayi is really just amazing, nothing stands out and everything is pleasing to the ear. It's the only one in my collection that has survived competition with IMR, and that says a lot, because I've owned some expensive IEMs that couldn't compete.

Just curious if anyone out there is a fan of the Szalayi as I am. I'd like to hear your opinion and comparison with IMR tuning/performance. While the Szally isn't quite up to Titan standards, it's equally enjoyable on a different level and in my opinion is superior in many ways to the other IMR units I've owned, which (again) is saying a lot.

In the last few months, I've sold 3 IEMs totaling over $4000 and I kept the Szally that I paid less than $500 for. IMO, it's that special. Hope to hear from other fans out there.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #13,931 of 17,972
Here I sit listening to my pair of Oriolus Szalayi and it occurs to me that this is a very complementary set to my IMR units. Similar tuning in many ways, with a huge soundstage and terrific timbre. Details are slightly held back a bit, but that only serves to unify the soundstage and coherency. The bass isn't quite IMR level, but it's extremely solid, reaches deep, and rumbles strongly. Outstanding for a 10mm DD. The balance of the Szalayi is really just amazing, nothing stands out and everything is pleasing to the ear. It's the only one in my collection that has survived competition with IMR, and that says a lot, because I've owned some expensive IEMs that couldn't compete.

Just curious if anyone out there is a fan of the Szalayi as I am. I'd like to hear your opinion and comparison with IMR tuning/performance. While the Szally isn't quite up to Titan standards, it's equally enjoyable on a different level and in my opinion is superior in many ways to the other IMR units I've owned, which (again) is saying a lot.

In the last few months, I've sold 3 IEMs totaling over $4000 and I kept the Szally that I paid less than $500 for. IMO, it's that special. Hope to hear from other fans out there.

How do the ACE stands against the TOTL iEMs you hade the chance to listen to?
Answer this because…..often i prefer the ACE before Avalon 🤔

Never had the chance to listen to other IEMs in the 500-700€ price range.

Aug 21, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #13,933 of 17,972
Aug 21, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #13,934 of 17,972
Thanks
I have laundry and it will take another 90 minutes to finish so I can use this

PS: when was the last time you had a large latte?

I failed you only offering a measly 60 minutes lol.

I found you 8+ more minutes though...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back