Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 21, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #13,936 of 18,083
How do the ACE stands against the TOTL iEMs you hade the chance to listen to?
Answer this because…..often i prefer the ACE before Avalon 🤔

Never had the chance to listen to other IEMs in the 500-700€ price range.
ACE is a definite step down from the Szalayi as well as the $1k+ IEMs. The ACE has outstanding bass and good balance overall, with nice details and good coherence, but it's not at the level of the typical high-dollar IEMs and is clearly outclassed by the MEXT, Indigo, etc. that I've owned recently. But the ACE is comfortable and sounds good paired with my DAP when I travel. But in the planar "tribrid" competition, the Szalayi easily beats it.

Aug 21, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #13,937 of 18,083
I failed you only offering a measly 60 minutes lol.

I found you 8+ more minutes though...
Thanks but still keen to know what was the last time you had a large latte!

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #13,938 of 18,083
Thanks but still keen to know what was the last time you had a large latte!

Currently, Kolsch - All That Matters is on loop and is my current new favourite flavour of the month and the Kream Lab 8 set is my favourite set find so far of this year but if you find large latte more interesting than the splendor of superb music then so be it.

I wrote out something but i am not sharing it, not great memories to be honest. 12 months ago.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #13,939 of 18,083
I pulled the trigger a few days ago to pre order the IMR Enigma AMT + Dual electrostatic ..
Usually, I don't really believe there is any chance that such little young company as IMR Acoustics can produce something really coherent and solid compared to the IEMs produced by some company like Sony with their enormous background in music and electronics with their IER-Z1R, IER-M9, XBA-N3 (the 3 recent IEM I still own and often use).

But, I am quite intrigued by such technology used in this Enigma IEM, so I decided to give a chance with hoping they (he ?) will manage to really produce this IEM in a reasonable time (6 month to one year ?). I still doubt that such tech won't be like Planar's IEM which sound rather good for the price, but not at the level of any of the 3 Sony's I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #13,940 of 18,083
I pulled the trigger a few days ago to pre order the IMR Enigma AMT + Dual electrostatic ..
Usually, I don't really believe there is any chance that such little young company as IMR Acoustics can produce something really coherent and solid compared to the IEMs produced by some company like Sony with their enormous background in music and electronics with their IER-Z1R, IER-M9, XBA-N3 (the 3 recent IEM I still own and often use).

But, I am quite intrigued by such technology used in this Enigma IEM, so I decided to give a chance with hoping they (he ?) will manage to really produce this IEM in a reasonable time (6 month to one year ?). I still doubt that such tech won't be like planar's IEM which sound good for the price, but not at the level of any of the 3 Sony's I mentioned above.
I wouldnt call imr a young company tbh
Bob has been making iems since i think 2009 maybe before
The tech might be new to him but he has the ears and experience to tune any driver even if he has not used that tech before
I do believe if anyone can pull this off its bob
Look at his last iem
Had those mems drivers
One of the first companies to use them and even tho i have nit heard them, people here love the iems

Aug 22, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #13,941 of 18,083
How do the ACE stands against the TOTL iEMs you hade the chance to listen to?
Answer this because…..often i prefer the ACE before Avalon 🤔

Never had the chance to listen to other IEMs in the 500-700€ price range.
I will take my ace over my monarch mk1 (800usd iem) anyway
Because they r not comparable lol
One has better bass (ace) one has better treb (monarch)

Altho i been loving my avalons recently
My ace has taken a back seat unfortunately

Aug 22, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #13,946 of 18,083
My tracking is still dead.

Btw, if it don't get shipped by October 2-nd, I'll reach to IMR to cancel it.

My 2nd Na-Le tracking # from July 21st is still saying that Royal Mail is waiting on the item from IMR. October is a year for me, so I might request a refund by then as well.

Aug 22, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #13,949 of 18,083
Sooo this is the email i had from imr on the 15th

Your order is on the way​

Your order is on the way. Please allow 2 working days for your tracking to update if you ordered an in stock product and 10-21 business days if you ordered a special build or advance order. Track your shipment to see the delivery status

Sooo technically i should get them by the 13th sept which is the date i fly back from holiday dam it

Aug 22, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #13,950 of 18,083
I have waiting this long, cant c the point of canceling my nale
I just want to c if they any good for £100 or what ever i paid
Makes sense. However for me the deadline came with the fact that I got a second tracking that seems to be dead, which I consider to be a psychological trick by IMR, hence I decided to limit it to year and if it's not sent by that time, then I am out for good. Imo it doesn't matter how good the product is if you play tricks with your customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back