Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 22, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #13,951 of 18,086
Makes sense. However for me the deadline came with the fact that I got a second tracking that seems to be dead, which I consider to be a psychological trick by IMR, hence I decided to limit it to year and if it's not sent by that time, then I am out for good. Imo it doesn't matter how good the product is if you play tricks with your customers.
I guess
Has it been a year since we preordered 🤯
Biggest mistake bob made was making too many iem variations at once
Be brought back then old skool that were up for pre order ( imdid everyone get theres????)
Then the titan which had a BC so it got priority for the bc units and not nale
And obv ( i dont believe this) the faulty bc units
The lack or replacement by sonion
And the huge number of na-le he had to make

Bob did too much this time round and i hope he dont make this mistake again

Oh pluss the EH headphones he is dealing with

so lets hope he sorts it out for the £2000 iem 🤦🏻‍♂️

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #13,954 of 18,086
In the meantime,
I've ordered a FIIO BTR7.
Anybody, impressions about IMR synergy?
I have the BTR7 and it plays very nicely with my IMR especially the DM, Ozar, BC(23) and the Elan+

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #13,957 of 18,086
Absolutely nothing to fault with bass from the ACE. Fact is, it may be the best bass implementation I've heard so far from any IEM below $1000, and even many others above that price range. But it's the layering and separation where it struggles a bit. Tonality is fine, but timbre takes a small step back as well. Titan takes the cake in all of these categories, as well as detail and clarity. Ace can keep up pretty closely in terms of bass, though.

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #13,958 of 18,086
Absolutely nothing to fault with bass from the ACE. Fact is, it may be the best bass implementation I've heard so far from any IEM below $1000, and even many others above that price range. But it's the layering and separation where it struggles a bit. Tonality is fine, but timbre takes a small step back as well. Titan takes the cake in all of these categories, as well as detail and clarity. Ace can keep up pretty closely in terms of bass, though.
Have u got the avalon?
Defo avalon is better imo

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #13,959 of 18,086
In the meantime,
I've ordered a FIIO BTR7.
Anybody, impressions about IMR synergy?
I am using my BTR7 with my Elan+ listening to LDAC 990/909kbps. It plays nice when listening to my WAV files using UAPP. Less nice when listening to YouTube Premium or Amazon Music Unlimited.

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #13,960 of 18,086
Have u got the avalon?
Defo avalon is better imo
Don't own Avalon. Titan is the big winner for me. I've owned and sold Semper and Zenith 2, but I'm keeping Ace as my travel IEM. Szalayi has such an awesome, balanced sound that I will probably never sell it. Everything else has been sold.

Will wait as long as it takes for Enigma+. I suspect it'll be sometime next summer before we see it.

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #13,961 of 18,086
Don't own Avalon. Titan is the big winner for me. I've owned and sold Semper and Zenith 2, but I'm keeping Ace as my travel IEM. Szalayi has such an awesome, balanced sound that I will probably never sell it. Everything else has been sold.

Will wait as long as it takes for Enigma+. I suspect it'll be sometime next summer before we see it.
The way i c it (not heard the titan) i c the avalon as the little brother to the avalon
Titan just got a bigger 11.5mm dd the rest the same
Bc and dual or is it quad est ?
If its quad est then the titan should sound like a monster

Aug 22, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #13,962 of 18,086
11.5mm DD. Quad EST. Dual BC.

Keep in mind that the 11.5mm DD is IMR's latest generation driver. The Avalon's DD would be of an earlier generation and likely not sound as crisp, deep, or textured as the Titan DD (although I haven't heard Avalon). Titan's DD produces the best bass (quantity and quality) I've ever heard on any IEM. Better than the 15mm DD of Semper by a significant margin, and also much better than the newer 14.2mm DD of Zenith 2.

Aug 22, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #13,963 of 18,086
Sooo this is the email i had from imr on the 15th

Your order is on the way​

Your order is on the way. Please allow 2 working days for your tracking to update if you ordered an in stock product and 10-21 business days if you ordered a special build or advance order. Track your shipment to see the delivery status

Sooo technically i should get them by the 13th sept which is the date i fly back from holiday dam it

I got this email+tracking number 8 day ago an extra 5 WEEKS MORE than the 7/8 days Bob said via my email enquiry
Really am getting tired of his lies or profound fkn ineptitude.
No-one seems to care about customers anymore these days or have the balls to just be open and honest and communicate facts never mind truths of whatever the situation is that is causing / effecting their customers

You read this nonsense added to the site below *-
How many weeks months has it been since he said the IEMs had been handed to their shipping partners?
and NOW we get tracking numbers - Everything seems to contradict everything else !!
Also 45 business days is over 2 months !!
So according to the words below I may need to wait 2 more months for my order ??

* My order is marked as shipped but I can’t track my order, why is this?

All special build and advance order builds typically ship at the same time. Tracking numbers are loaded in
>>advance of passing to our shipping partners where possible<<

( most overseas shipments).

We drop all parcels at the shipping partner for processing. The speed of this can vary greatly and you should allow approximately 25- 45 business days for your tracking to update (business days are Monday to Friday , excluding bank holiday’s and do not include Saturday or Sunday)
>>This is from the time we have informed you we have passed the parcels to the shipping partner and not from the time of receiving your tracking<<

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #13,964 of 18,086
11.5mm DD. Quad EST. Dual BC.

Keep in mind that the 11.5mm DD is IMR's latest generation driver. The Avalon's DD would be of an earlier generation and likely not sound as crisp, deep, or textured as the Titan DD (although I haven't heard Avalon). Titan's DD produces the best bass (quantity and quality) I've ever heard on any IEM. Better than the 15mm DD of Semper by a significant margin, and also much better than the newer 14.2mm DD of Zenith 2.
We dont know if they off the shelf cheap chinese dd’s or even if the size r correct size like he says unless a person like hi-fri opens them up and checks

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #13,965 of 18,086
We dont know if they off the shelf cheap chinese dd’s or even if the size r correct size like he says unless a person like hi-fri opens them up and checks
True. I don't really know. But I also don't really care. All I know is that the Titan's DD produces the best bass I've ever heard from an IEM, and it's a substantial improvement over the Semper and Zenith 2. I would certainly love to hear all of IMR's previous models, but I can't. At this point, I'm super satisfied with the Titan's performance and consider it a strong upgrade over all of the other IMR units I've previously owned. The fact that I have sold off my other $1k+ and $2k+ IEMs says it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back