Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 22, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #13,966 of 18,224
Got to say I cancelled my Na-Le a while back as I couldn't accept all the shipping bs and lies. Bought the Penon 10th Anniversary which is tuned more amazingly than my IMR IEMs. There is life outside of IMR and some better sounding IEMs. IMR's lies and deceit are unethical, immoral and taking us for fools.

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #13,967 of 18,224
Got to say I cancelled my Na-Le a while back as I couldn't accept all the shipping bs and lies. Bought the Penon 10th Anniversary which is tuned more amazingly than my IMR IEMs. There is life outside of IMR and some better sounding IEMs. IMR's lies and deceit are unethical, immoral and taking us for fools.
That Penon looks really nice
I doubt I'll be buying anymore from Bob. Partly as Im maxed out financially but similarly Ive asked him to be open and honest too many times now (about the shipping BS) - The rest of the business aspects of IMR is fine

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #13,968 of 18,224
I pulled the trigger a few days ago to pre order the IMR Enigma AMT + Dual electrostatic ..
Usually, I don't really believe there is any chance that such little young company as IMR Acoustics can produce something really coherent and solid compared to the IEMs produced by some company like Sony with their enormous background in music and electronics with their IER-Z1R, IER-M9, XBA-N3 (the 3 recent IEM I still own and often use).

But, I am quite intrigued by such technology used in this Enigma IEM, so I decided to give a chance with hoping they (he ?) will manage to really produce this IEM in a reasonable time (6 month to one year ?). I still doubt that such tech won't be like Planar's IEM which sound rather good for the price, but not at the level of any of the 3 Sony's I mentioned above.
Welcome to the IMR! I was skeptical at first when I heard about the brand (bumped into a thread by accident, a lucky accident). Unlike the many seasoned IMR users here, I only have two IMRs, should have more, but switched the Avalon to Stingray which it was cancelled, then cancelled my order on EH cos simply couldn't wait. The Semper caught my eye and I pulled the triggered almost instantly, due to the drivers combinations and the relatively lower price compared to the flagships out there, and it wowed me after burning it and fiddling with the filter system a bit; the Semper simply got me hooked onto IMR and I kept looking at their new releases, which came Avalon, then my dream - CM Stingray with AMT drivers!! So sad the Stingray was never realised, that was simply devastating for me, cos I simply cannot afford any other AMT iem out there. EH was a slight upset with the long lead, and HP is not really my thing, the two at home often gather dust... The Titan didn't have any wowed configuration, but I thought it was about time to get my hands on the newer IMR, with BC, and the Titan wow wow wow me! I have quite a few IEMs, but never listen to them any more after the Titan arrived... I only focus on refining the Titan, getting a cable which I wouldn't normally be willing to spend the money, fiddling with the filter system and finally settled with Blue bottom with no Upper filter, but using the Coreir Brass ear tips, which work really well for me, a whole bunch of inter connects, amp, etc., just to squeeze the extra bit from the Titan... Ya, I am mesmerized by this IEM, they sound really really really good to me. And, like you, I pulled trigger on the enigma+ as soon as I saw it, cos the AMT is BACK!!! I am so excited, so eager, so impatient, to get my hands on them, if the enigma+ would sound better than the Titan, it would be an end game for me... until Bob releases his next flagship...

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #13,969 of 18,224
Thats a 500usd iem and u comparing it with a 180usd iem
Not a fair fight tbh
i would expect a 500 usd iem esp with two est’s to out preform a budget iem

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #13,971 of 18,224

Attachments

• IMR ALL RELEASES_08.2022.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #13,973 of 18,224
Jesus why was there so many versions and bob was offering custom molds as well 🤯
Also the amt was 10mm but the enigma is 8mm
So did bob take deposits for the stingray?
I wonder what bob do with all the 10mm amt drivers
I’m sure he didn’t even order them. If he ordered drivers beforehand collecting our money, there would be no such crazy delays in shipping.

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #13,974 of 18,224
Guess no-one has received the Na-le yet?

Another user on the EH thread pointed out the issue with the postage.

Whilst our UK orders say Royal Mail signed for, it appears IMR have gone for the cheapest one, without tracking so no way to tell where it is and when will be delivered, and the insurance value is only up to £50, insufficient to cover even the most discounted Na-le purchase.

Even tracked 48 signed for would be sufficient to cover both these points within the £5 P&P cost we paid, so it is concerning that they have gone down this route.

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #13,975 of 18,224
Thats a 500usd iem and u comparing it with a 180usd iem
Not a fair fight tbh
i would expect a 500 usd iem esp with two est’s to out preform a budget iem
No I'm comparing them with The Dark Matter and the ACE, The BC 2023, The Zenith II, and others......I pulled out of the Na-Le so have no idea of the sound. The 10th Anniversary are just tuned better, sound better....and they reached me in under a week. No BS at all.
Bob has good customer service, but unless you buy stock items you open the can of BS delivery worms. The 10th Anniversary IEM is better than the IMRs, that I have and still love. But it's the 10th that I listen to.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #13,976 of 18,224
No I'm comparing them with The Dark Matter and the ACE, The BC 2023, The Zenith II, and others. The 10th Anniversary are just tuned better, sound better....and the reached me in under a week. No BS at all.
Bob has good customer service, but unless you buy stock items you open the can of BS delivery worms. The 10th Anniversary IEM is better than the IMRs, that I have and still love. But it's the 10th that I listen to.

Yeah I also find Penon & Shenzhen Audio to be really fast and reliable with shipping orders.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #13,977 of 18,224
No I'm comparing them with The Dark Matter and the ACE, The BC 2023, The Zenith II, and others......I pulled out of the Na-Le so have no idea of the sound. The 10th Anniversary are just tuned better, sound better....and they reached me in under a week. No BS at all.

No-body is doubting the great tunings and sound of IMR IEMs, after sale service is great and Bob a nice, polite and great after sales person. Top notch. His Tuning exceptional. His excuses though are lamentable! His timelines, and methods of delivery are hallucinatory. His kindness is equalised by his BS. Penon tune as well as Bob and deliver quickly, but you get lot more for your money with Penon/ISN and a reliable well organised service. Sorry, but it's true!

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #13,978 of 18,224
with no Upper filter, but using the Coreir Brass ear tips
Be careful, that thing is not that good for your iem. Upper filters also catch the humidity produced by your ears, with no filter all that humidity/sweat will deposit inside your iem directly, that for a long time for sure will provide some technical issue.

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #13,979 of 18,224
No I'm comparing them with The Dark Matter and the ACE, The BC 2023, The Zenith II, and others. The 10th Anniversary are just tuned better, sound better....and the reached me in under a week. No BS at all.
I think I am one of the few who was a little let down by Penon 10th, its good but not eye-opening. More like cozy and fun IEM, solid and safe tuning. Might be spoiled by other sets, actually find Penon Serial, ISN NEO 5 and EST50 from Penon better. But this is personal opinion.

But customer service and delivery times are excellent with Penon.

Personally I'm not buying more from Penon, due to how as a reviewer Penon was pushy and rude to me. Try to control reviews in their favor, as in don't use better IEMs for comparing.
And since I recent gave a product 4 star I have since been removed from discount mails, and he is not offering any more review discounts.

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #13,980 of 18,224
I think I am one of the few who was a little let down by Penon 10th, its good but not eye-opening. More like cozy and fun IEM, solid and safe tuning. Might be spoiled by other sets, actually find Penon Serial, ISN NEO 5 and EST50 from Penon better. But this is personal opinion.

But customer service and delivery times are excellent with Penon.

Personally I'm not buying more from Penon, due to how as a reviewer Penon was pushy and rude to me. Try to control reviews in their favor, as in don't use better IEMs for comparing.
And since I recent gave a product 4 star I have since been removed from discount mails, and he is not offering any more review discounts.
I know this sounds boring, but due to the almost 100% positive reviews of the 10th, maybe unit variation is at hand. Just a thought. I don't have the ISN Neon 5, but I do have the ISN H40 which is a very special IEM. I like the 10 Anniversary more than the Serial, which I ♥️ too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back