Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 27, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #11,821 of 18,105
As I am waiting for my [new, factory burned-in] Rah 2023 to return back to me, I am preparing. I've just ordered the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard 2 pairs in ML size because, as I already own the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal Standard 3 Pairs M/ML/L, I can feel that the ML and L of these are more comfortable to me. I can also wear M nicely. The MAX are 1mm shorter than the Crystal. Let's hope that they will make a difference in the fitting feeling. The MAX will be arriving on March 1st, together with the JVC Spiral Dot from Penon. One of all these tips must fit me well!

@zikarus , @Ryokan , how is it going with your Rah 2023? Are you enjoying it, so far?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    873.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #11,822 of 18,105
It may sound strong to some the term of falsehood I used in the previous feed, but so far I have several evidences to support it:

Evidence one: according to royal mail, tracking numbers were created online, but never deposited at the post office.
Evidence two: no one has received tracking number updates since then.
Evidence three: no one has received either the Seraph (base or plus) or the titan. This is a 100% loss accuracy on these specific models.
Evidence four: On the other hand, the Rah and BC have been delivered within a few days of notification of their tracking number with no reported incidents. It should be recalled that these were shipped on the dates of the famous cyber-attack, while the Seraph and Titans were supposedly shipped almost three months earlier.
Evidence Five: There is no information from anyone who requested a rebuild of the Seraph and Titan received any updates, and it has been two weeks since then.
Evidence six: Instead, those who have had BC or Rah malfunctions have received immediate feedback and have had the defective unit replaced promptly.
Evidence seven: after four emails to IMR requesting information about what was going on with the shipments with no response, upon requesting a refund, the refund is responded to and accepted within 20 minutes. In this email there is no mention of what happened and no apology.

If there are any lawyers reading this, I would like to know what chances of a not guilty verdict IMR would have in a trial with this evidence.
I am open to hear any arguments that invalidate this evidence and make me see errors in my arguments.

In short, all this can be simplified using Ockham's razor: which is more likely? a) that the post office has only and exclusively lost ALL the Titans and Seraphs, without any feedback about it, without any change of status in their tracking numbers, while they have managed to send ALL the rest of the models without problems, or b) IMR never sent these models.

Feb 27, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #11,824 of 18,105
As I am waiting for my [new, factory burned-in] Rah 2023 to return back to me, I am preparing. I've just ordered the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard 2 pairs in ML size because, as I already own the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal Standard 3 Pairs M/ML/L, I can feel that the ML and L of these are more comfortable to me. I can also wear M nicely. The MAX are 1mm shorter than the Crystal. Let's hope that they will make a difference in the fitting feeling. The MAX will be arriving on March 1st, together with the JVC Spiral Dot from Penon. One of all these tips must fit me well!

@zikarus , @Ryokan , how is it going with your Rah 2023? Are you enjoying it, so far?
Short update ~250 hours in for the Elan+ and ~240 on the Rah 23. And good news on my behalf:

It was just the 3rd - and again very short, just a mere 5-10 min. each - listening appointment with both.

But boy, has the Rah improved soundwise. Incredible how much it has opened up. It appears to be a totally different beast now. Glad I remained patient.

To early for a valid final judgement, but I could live with how it sounds now, if it remained like it is at the moment. Last time it was the Rah sounding a bit digital/veiled and colored. Today I tend to agree that it sounds more analogue compared to the Elan+.

The Elan+ on the other hand has not changed as much during burn-in to my ears. It still sounds very clear and energetic. Maybe a bit smoother than ootb. And to date I would still say that it is the less colored one of the two. But I will have to compare both vs. my IE900 to be sure about that anyway....

All in all - first time I would say I am happy to own both. For me they sound different but qualitywise on par now.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #11,825 of 18,105
PS I was using the IMR foamies on the Rah today and they suited my ears better than the ones that were attached. More secure fit and seal. Have ordered various Complys and will definitely try these. Bob recommended the 500 for Complys...

Feb 27, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #11,826 of 18,105
PPS Did I mention that the BC 23 meanwhile has arrived to? Must wait though, till one of the other two can be detached as burned-in... :ksc75smile:

Feb 27, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #11,827 of 18,105
It may sound strong to some the term of falsehood I used in the previous feed, but so far I have several evidences to support it:

Evidence one: according to royal mail, tracking numbers were created online, but never deposited at the post office.
Evidence two: no one has received tracking number updates since then.
Evidence three: no one has received either the Seraph (base or plus) or the titan. This is a 100% loss accuracy on these specific models.
Evidence four: On the other hand, the Rah and BC have been delivered within a few days of notification of their tracking number with no reported incidents. It should be recalled that these were shipped on the dates of the famous cyber-attack, while the Seraph and Titans were supposedly shipped almost three months earlier.
Evidence Five: There is no information from anyone who requested a rebuild of the Seraph and Titan received any updates, and it has been two weeks since then.
Evidence six: Instead, those who have had BC or Rah malfunctions have received immediate feedback and have had the defective unit replaced promptly.
Evidence seven: after four emails to IMR requesting information about what was going on with the shipments with no response, upon requesting a refund, the refund is responded to and accepted within 20 minutes. In this email there is no mention of what happened and no apology.

If there are any lawyers reading this, I would like to know what chances of a not guilty verdict IMR would have in a trial with this evidence.
I am open to hear any arguments that invalidate this evidence and make me see errors in my arguments.

In short, all this can be simplified using Ockham's razor: which is more likely? a) that the post office has only and exclusively lost ALL the Titans and Seraphs, without any feedback about it, without any change of status in their tracking numbers, while they have managed to send ALL the rest of the models without problems, or b) IMR never sent these models.

I can well understand your frustration but as you were promptly refunded there is surely no case to answer? I really think Bob is probably let down by suppliers who are not delivering on time. But if this is the case yes he should say.

Can't understand why some change the cable, I prefer the copper '21 OFC cable on my expensive iem's to the silver cable they came with, and I also have an IMR cable on my Szalayi's.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #11,828 of 18,105
why don't all you guys put your heads together and draft up a statement you can send to Bob outlining ALL your worries & concerns and hopefully you will get some answers and in turn bring some love and positivity back to this thread we all enjoy so much🫶
I know it's a lot easier for me to say because I'm not part of it this time but I have been there like all of you and i totally understand and "mostly" agree with everything you guys are saying, but bickering between each other is not going to help you OR B.ob iv been here from the start of this thread like many of you and today is the very first time I have skipped posts due to the negativity! And before anyone attacks me I "totally" understand why people are feeling the way they are AND I "totally" agree Bob has messed up big time and you are all rightfully angry and i think putting your heads together and getting an email will help everyone involved and hopefully you will get some answers?
And again before anyone attacks me, I'm NOT saying there shouldn't be criticism or negative comments about Bob or anyone for that matter because this is a public forum with free speech BUT to much of it can have a detrimental effect on a thread and people will just stop passing by iv seen it happen on other forums and it would be a real shame for it to happen here!
So like we did last time, choose a member to compose the email get everyone worries & concerns and get it sent over to IMR and hopefully you will all get some answers, Bob will know how people are "Really" feeling and hopefully this thread will get back to how it was, a joy to read and get involved 👍

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #11,829 of 18,105
Lol, anyone get their free 2x7mm DD special IEM yet that was supposed to be shipped in January as a gift for not getting your Titan/Seraph?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #11,830 of 18,105
why don't all you guys put your heads together and draft up a statement you can send to Bob outlining ALL your worries & concerns and hopefully you will get some answers and in turn bring some love and positivity back to this thread we all enjoy so much
It's already been done. And where did it bring us?

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #11,831 of 18,105
It's already been done. And where did it bring us?
Yep.

Situation is probably even worse now, at least in terms of transparency, and a lot of doubts regarding honesty.

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #11,832 of 18,105
Sigh I'm actually thinking of moving on or starting a new thread that really just has people enjoying their IMR iems and sharing their positive vibes especially about older models on the second hand market.

I'm tired of the reiteration of the the same villainous conspiracy theories everytime somethings late or not as expected.

My initial thoughts were if you've got your money back and don't have a financial investment in IMR iems to come, why not just move on. Why the need to drum up pitch forks and try to burn down the company.

There's plenty of other iem companies out there to choose from, go frolic in the abundance of choice.

I'll be waiting patiently for my IMR iems cos I love em and think they're worth the wait.

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #11,833 of 18,105
Anyone tried to roll filters on the BC 2023? Have around 250hours of burn in, thinking it's about time to play around with it.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #11,834 of 18,105
Lol, anyone get their free 2x7mm DD special IEM yet that was supposed to be shipped in January as a gift for not getting your Titan/Seraph?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
I've asked Bob about them, when he will finish with Seraphs and Titans he will send us gifts as well. He didn't forgot about that promise.

Feb 28, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #11,835 of 18,105
@Poganin

it helped to get the thread back on a positive footing with people talking about IMR monitors and having fun after a stressful day at the office! As i said i understand peoples frustration iv been there but you have to remember it doesnt effect everyone and as much as i get that people are angry not everyone wants to hear people constantly going off on one! Im a member of a forum called gearslutz one of the biggest Pro Audio forums on the interweb and to battle this sort of stuff they have a thread called the "moan zone" and the moderators will push you over to that thread if you are moaning to much and if you carry on they will warn you if you keep going they will freeze your account or kick you off the forum

Look at what peacockobscura says he is thinking of starting a new thread because of all the negativity! As i say i really do get where people are coming from and i understand they are angry but not everyone wants to hear it, 90% of people want to come here and have a pleasant chat about IMR Products and have fun whilst doing so and all this bickering and negative attitude will end up killing the thread and thats the last thing we want! So to answer your question? it will hopefully get some answers for the few who have issues and leave the people who dont have issues a thread they can come to talk about the threads title "IMR Sonic Adventure's and Impressions"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back