Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 26, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #11,806 of 18,274
Hi @jon parker, why do you ask for evidence everytime when a fellow member is critical of IMR. and how can you be so sure that Titan and other models were shipped as promised in the month of November last year. See the above post :https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-audio-sonic-adventures-impressions.938732/page-769
Well intentioned criticism can be a healthy thing.
If you check again, you'll see I was critical of a blanket statement that was made that 'Bob is a liar and a cheat' and with that, the connotation of deliberate malintent
Not critical of the person or persons, more at the statement itself and by extension how easily things can get out of hand going down roads like that :)

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #11,807 of 18,274
Usually I have the full specs of the drivers in my IEMs. I've got the Bass Cannon 2023, which after burn-in, both brain burn-in and real burn-in, is very special. The new ADLC wide band driver, whatever that means, is genuinely fantastic. But I have no idea if it's a 10mm driver, an 11mm driver, or whatever. I emailed Bob to find out....and guess what? No answer was his reply. What world are we living in where all the communications with IMR have become 'Vranyo' (Russian Language). What has happened to simple old, straight forward honesty? Oh great fellow IMR. journeymen, lost in a turbulent IMR sea, are the bloody dimensions of the BC 2023 main driver!!!!! Does any being know???????
The only ADLC alone driver IMR has used was the one used in the IMR elysium and Astra. It was a 10mm driver. (I have Elysium and like a lot how it sounds).
The only reason I can imagine why IMR might be using this driver is for a reason of clearing inventory, because after those two IEMs, all new ones have been using the composite ADLC+CNT, which is supposedly superior in the high frequency range. Maybe is making funds using stock to be able to continue construction of the IEMs whose production has been halted.

I also have mailed Bob asking for the specs of the new IEMs (specifically the composition of the dynamic driver), but has not replied. To me it seems that could be this first gen ADLC alone driver, or a brand new ADLC alone. Only Bob knows...

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #11,808 of 18,274
The only ADLC alone driver IMR has used was the one used in the IMR elysium and Astra. It was a 10mm driver. (I have Elysium and like a lot how it sounds).
The only reason I can imagine why IMR might be using this driver is for a reason of clearing inventory, because after those two IEMs, all new ones have been using the composite ADLC+CNT, which is supposedly superior in the high frequency range. Maybe is making funds using stock to be able to continue construction of the IEMs whose production has been halted.

I also have mailed Bob asking for the specs of the new IEMs (specifically the composition of the dynamic driver), but has not replied. To me it seems that could be this first gen ADLC alone driver, or a brand new ADLC alone. Only Bob knows...

Problem is that the Dark Matter CNT ADLC driver is 11mm. Can't understand why we as a community cannot know whether the driver is 10mm, 11mm or whatever, in the BC 2023. Cannot understand why IMR would hold back that information. Mind bogglingly insane.

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #11,809 of 18,274
So, today I've finally received an update from IMR, regarding my Rah 2023 which has been sent to them for quality control check on February, 23.

Brandon-IMR, said:

Hello Nick,

Apologies for the delay, we were burning-in before testing again. Your Rah has been replaced, as it is a much quicker solution for you than waiting for the parts to repair. This is why it has taken some time for the burn-in.

1. Yes, there was a large imbalance in the higher frequencies and a slight one at the really low end. (I will include a graph upon return).

2. A specific tool was required, I must say, I don’t think I’ve encountered filters screwed on so tight before.

3. Yes, these have been burned-in, there shouldn’t be any change going forward. They sound as they should, perfect example of the Rah.

I have asked to send my new Rah 2023 back as soon as possible. I would be delighted to discuss about the Elan+ and an eventual upgrade but they seemed to be really busy.

They have refunded me the shipping costs.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #11,810 of 18,274
Apologies for the delay, we were burning-in before testing again. Your Rah has been replaced, as it is a much quicker solution for you than waiting for the parts to repair. This is why it has taken some time for the burn-in.
You see, this is what makes everything so confusing.

They don't have parts to repair a new-model Rah2023. So it seems they used up all their parts for the initial build. Or maybe they only have extras of some parts, but not others. No problem there.

But for the Titans that went "missing" (all 50 pieces?), they are claiming that they will "rebuild" more Titans within 2 weeks for people who didn't receive theirs (which is everyone).

So how can they not have parts to repair one single Rah2023, but they have enough parts (along with custom carry cases, cables, shells, drivers, etc.) to potentially build an entire lot of 50 Titans within 2 weeks??

I am curious to hear from those who requested a rebuild for their Titan if there was any sort of promised delivery date.

(I will say that their after-sales customer service appears to be outstanding by all accounts.)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #11,811 of 18,274

They don't have parts to repair a new-model Rah2023. So it seems they used up all their parts for the initial build. Or maybe they only have extras of some parts, but not others. No problem there.

But for the Titans that went "missing" (all 50 pieces?), they are claiming that they will "rebuild" more Titans within 2 weeks for people who didn't receive theirs (which is everyone).

So how can they not have parts to repair one single Rah2023, but they have enough parts (along with custom carry cases, cables, shells, drivers, etc.) to potentially build an entire lot of 50 Titans within 2 weeks??

I am curious to hear from those who requested a rebuild for their Titan if there was any sort of promised delivery date.

(I will say that their after-sales customer service appears to be outstanding by all accounts.)
Here's a thought they're using all their spare drivers on the the rebuilds for the missing in action iems that the post office black hole has swallowed

Feb 27, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #11,812 of 18,274
Here's a thought they're using all their spare drivers on the the rebuilds for the missing in action iems that the post office black hole has swallowed

That makes some logistical sense, assuming the drivers match up (I'm too lazy to check).

Feb 27, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #11,813 of 18,274
Must be a lot of ”black holes” in the UK.
First the ETS, now Titan and Seraph and Seraph+

REALY??

What`ll it be for the EH and the free IEM?🤔

Alien Attack- Godzilla- Bigfoot- Nessie ?????

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #11,814 of 18,274
Must be a lot of ”black holes” in the UK.
First the ETS, now Titan and Seraph and Seraph+

REALY??

What`ll it be for the EH and the free IEM?🤔

Alien Attack- Godzilla- Bigfoot- Nessie ?????
All I'm saying as a wedding photographer who sends out fancy boxes with usb sticks with pics on the post office have to date lost 8 spread over a 16 month period which I have had to replace and send again of those only 3 came back to me so my disdain does mainly fall at the Royal mails door.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #11,815 of 18,274
All I'm saying as a wedding photographer who sends out fancy boxes with usb sticks with pics on the post office have to date lost 8 spread over a 16 month period which I have had to replace and send again of those only 3 came back to me so my disdain does mainly fall at the Royal mails door.
Yes, but let us do some easy math here:

50ex ETS
50ex Titans
50ex Seraph
50ex Seraph+

200 pieces

All of of them missing in action, lost by your Royal Mail??
100% - Give me a break. Sorry!

There was an option for shipping with DHL too. Nothing to do with Royal Mail problems.
All of them lost as well? 🤡

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #11,816 of 18,274
At this point, I think that the most correct thing for IMR to do would be to admit that they never sent the IEMs given the impossibility of the arguments given to date.
Obviously, IMR needed more days for the completion of the IEMs and fell into a spiral of falsehoods. The question is why it has tried to hide this in such a crude way, which was going to be evident sooner or later. Especially since he had a horde of loyal followers who would keep the orders coming for as long as he asked us to. It is something that had happened before without having to reach these levels.

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #11,817 of 18,274

Rah and Titans have two different 2 types of dynamic drivers

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #11,818 of 18,274
Rah and Titans have two different 2 types of dynamic drivers
What I'm saying is that they don't have enough parts on hand to repair a single Rah, but magically they have ALL the parts needed to rebuild up to 50 pieces each of Titans and Seraphs in only 2 weeks.

Something doesn't add up.

Feb 27, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #11,820 of 18,274
What I'm saying is that they don't have enough parts on hand to repair a single Rah, but magically they have ALL the parts needed to rebuild up to 50 pieces each of Titans and Seraphs in only 2 weeks.

Something doesn't add up.
Seraph and Titans as well have bespoke CNT A.D.L.C drivers 10 and 11,5mm, check out the description. Rah have 11mm ultra wide band ADLC drivers (at least until now all the iems with this driver have 11mm diameter), like in Avalon, DM and upcoming Zion

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back