Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 28, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #11,836 of 18,236
This thread should be able to cope with all IMR matters. We are grown ups. I warmly applaud all the IMR IEMs I have, but I do want to know if there are problems. The truth is pretty important in life and people should not have to worry about telling the truth. Obsession with problems is not good but avoiding issues is not good either. I'm happy to eulogise IMR IEMs but happy to hear people's honest experiences too even if they are bad experiences..

Feb 28, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #11,837 of 18,236
This thread should be able to cope with all IMR matters. We are grown ups. I warmly applaud all the IMR IEMs I have, but I do want to know if there are problems. The truth is pretty important in life and people should not have to worry about telling the truth. Obsession with problems is not good but avoiding issues is not good either. I'm happy to eulogise IMR IEMs but happy to hear people's honest experiences too even if they are bad experiences..
5 more pages of accusations and whining and there will be nearly zero impressions on new IMR models and in the end no IMR.

Something is fishy: tell it here
A question got no reply: tell it here
There is no money back after canceling an order: every right and interest to tell it here!
Come back on a daily basis with the same complaints: the prophecy that there will be no more new IEMs fulfills itself.

Mission Accomplished?

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #11,838 of 18,236
As I am waiting for my [new, factory burned-in] Rah 2023 to return back to me, I am preparing. I've just ordered the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard 2 pairs in ML size because, as I already own the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal Standard 3 Pairs M/ML/L, I can feel that the ML and L of these are more comfortable to me. I can also wear M nicely. The MAX are 1mm shorter than the Crystal. Let's hope that they will make a difference in the fitting feeling. The MAX will be arriving on March 1st, together with the JVC Spiral Dot from Penon. One of all these tips must fit me well!

@zikarus , @Ryokan , how is it going with your Rah 2023? Are you enjoying it, so far?

Very good sound, a step up from the EDP Ace. Just having issues with fit, like you one side is almost falling out.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #11,839 of 18,236
I totally understand what your saying Steve and I know you have been a firm defender of Bob in the past so please don't get my intentions confused? Like I said Bob has really messed up this time and the lack of transparency is VERY frustrating to say the least and things need to change BUT there is a huge elephant in the room in regards to ALL this and it pains me to have to say it because it doesn't look good for IMR but, the truth is Bob will 100%:refund anyone who is unhappy within less than an hour! So when it really comes down to it there isn't really anything to complain about if you can get every penny of your money back! And I'm gonna say it again so you all know this isn't an IMR fan boy club, no matter which way you look at it imr have once again handled the situation all wrong by not being transparent and it is very annoying to say the least BUT I'm gonna be blunt here and many of you may not like it but if you are not happy get a refund and move on, as someone has already said there are plenty of great iem companies out there making great iems! I just don't see how all the bickering and moaning will solve anything! And before I go I want to say I don't want ANYONE to go we have a really great group of guys & girls and the last thing I want is for people to be unhappy and leave 👍

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #11,840 of 18,236
It seems that this feed can talk for 30 pages about how good a particular EMI is (which I love), but the bad experiences are best kept to ourselves (which I don't understand). I thought these forums are for both things, and both are valuable for final customers. It seems I was wrong.
I only demand two things from a company (any company, in any field): good quality products and services (which IMR provides) and honesty (which I don't know why IMR has lost since arround two years ago).
The thing is that my person is being pointed out, but no one has pointed out my arguments. I would like to have been able to discuss them in a constructive way. It was not possible.

Don't worry about the bad vibes. There won't be any more from me.

It has been a pleasure. Best regards to all.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #11,841 of 18,236
On a complete different note, if anyone wants a super cheap pair of monitors to throw in the bag for gym and stuff I picked up a great little pair for £25 on Amazon
called KBear Rosefinch👍 they have some fantastic sub-bass with a really lovely warm midrange and laid back treble but with just enough sparkle to counter the strong sub-bass. There not gonna win any prizes in the technicalities department but for commuting to work, walking the dog or the gym they are fantastic and if you don't like them Amazon's return policy is great.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #11,843 of 18,236
At the moment my favourite IMR IEM is the BC2023. I love it's timbre and tone particularly. How can I find out the driver specs sizewise. I did email Bob, but got no reply. I'm not a graph boy, but I do like to know the specs of my IEMs. How can I find out the specs of the Bass Cannon 2023?

Feb 28, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #11,844 of 18,236
Here is a line I have drawn - Please use it

There was before . . . Everyones points have been taken, listened to and understood . . .
Those still annoyed - please try do something positive and PRO-active - Come together and respectfully talk to Bob. If nothing changes then make your choice. Accept, be patient or move on and enjoy your journey with audio elsewhere :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving forward - This thread is for imr-audio-sonic-adventures-impressions
If you wish you are free to make another thread but, respectfully, the majority of us here only really want to share and talk about the IEM themselves

Feb 28, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #11,845 of 18,236
Here is a line I have drawn - Please use it

There was before . . . Everyones points have been taken, listened to and understood . . .
Those still annoyed - please try do something positive and PRO-active - Come together and respectfully talk to Bob. If nothing changes then make your choice. Accept, be patient or move on and enjoy your journey with audio elsewhere :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving forward - This thread is for imr-audio-sonic-adventures-impressions
If you wish you are free to make another thread but, respectfully, the majority of us here only really want to share and talk about the IEM themselves
I respect your opinion. But at the same time I don't think you can dictate what needs to be posted in this thread. Each individual member here can share his good or bad experience. if someone does not like the post or find it offensive then it can be flagged to forum moderator. Alternatively, if a fellow member does not want to see another member post, he or she can mark that member in ignore list.

Feb 28, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #11,846 of 18,236
I respect your opinion. But at the same time I don't think you can dictate what needs to be posted in this thread. Each individual member here can share his good or bad experience. if someone does not like the post or find it offensive then it can be flagged to forum moderator. Alternatively, if a fellow member does not want to see another member post, he or she can mark that member in ignore list.
I agree, makes me sound like a bit of a twat

Feb 28, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #11,848 of 18,236
ISN EST50 VS BC 2023 Battle of the audiophile bass IEMs

This is taken out form my upcoming review for EST50, have not edited the writing yet. Also to break up the latest noise in the thread. They are priced different, and use different driver technology. What they have in common is making a basshead sound with a good tonality overall.

The comfort is a clear win to the EST50, something about the nozzle on BC making almost all tips hard to get a seal with. Very personal problem. But I had a conversation with another person here who did not like BC. Found out it was due to a bad seal.

The BC is “closer” to the Penon Serial in timbre than the EST50. It sounds overall more thick, analogue and dark.

EST50 has a good way of not pushing the bass too much when not asked for, the BC do not have this same finesse. Here specially the bass(midbass) can easily become overbearing on some music.

Sub bass has the most amount in EST50, the overall bass in BC has the most amount. The lowest frequencies seem to be a little rolled off in BC. Or its flat out versus the EST50 continuing rise.
For bass resolution it goes to EST50, double bass nuances are more easily noticed. Same for how natural the bass comes along with its decay, it seems more natural on EST50.

Male vocals are boosted more on BC and the same goes for female vocals, everything in the lowest midrange is pushed forward in the mix. This also goes for instruments here, brass can become too hot sounding. On a few tracks the BC approach can become fatiguing because of this. But when the vocals in a song are smooth and relaxing the BC is perfect.

The upper part of the mids are neutral or recessed giving the sound a slightly darker sound, same for the treble. Do not read this as not being detailed, as it has actually a good amount of air and treble detail.

Imaging is close to the same with perhaps a hint better definition on EST50. Soundstage is wider on EST50 but more forward out of my head in BC. BC also has a very open sound, similar to open headphones vs closed.

Going back and forth they both have their usages, still the EST50 has a lot more usage scenarios for me.

DSCF1933.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #11,849 of 18,236
The impression might change more when I have tried to change out filters. Its a very good IEM and punches above its price IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back