Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 10, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #14,191 of 18,211
My only problem with the Titan is... Every other iem in my collection now sounds crap. I'm having to retrain my brain with the Kiwi ears Quintet so I can appreciate them again. First world problems

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #14,192 of 18,211
I never said I didn't want the option to change the sound, I simply shared an observation (I thought i made lol)..while trying them.
So have a good time to find the right one for you. Can take some time and a lot of changes 😉

Sep 10, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #14,193 of 18,211
Maybe someone can help me, what is the difference in the base filters, they all look identical except the one gold w/ bass filter. Diameter looks the same..
You can see from the booklet how each lower bass filter gives differing amounts of low end. The top small treble filters also give differing amounts of 'treble' BUT
It can also be the type or quality of bass that changes. You can find a tight snappy bass but also a more 1970's-ish warm-ish over all low end
On top of that its also often the specific combination of different filters that can surprise in terms of the sound.
Many IMR owners start with a red (kinda neutral) treble top for example and then go through all the lower filters starting with the most bass - the black to the least the silver. Once you find the area of low end that you like you can then tweak the mids/highs towards how you like them
BUT
IMR Iems change a LOT with burn in. What you hear OOTB is not the same as what you hear 12 hours later or 100
Ive burned in a lot of IMR and they always Finally settle into an unchanging state AFTER 600 hours
Its a big investment in time but the end result is very much worth it
This has been the shared experience of most if not all the core members of this thread :)
End of the day. IMR are NOT 'ordinary' IEMs by any means

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #14,194 of 18,211
You can see from the booklet how each lower bass filter gives differing amounts of low end. The top small treble filters also give differing amounts of 'treble' BUT
It can also be the type or quality of bass that changes. You can find a tight snappy bass but also a more 1970's-ish warm-ish over all low end
On top of that its also often the specific combination of different filters that can surprise in terms of the sound.
Many IMR owners start with a red (kinda neutral) treble top for example and then go through all the lower filters starting with the most bass - the black to the least the silver. Once you find the area of low end that you like you can then tweak the mids/highs towards how you like them
BUT
IMR Iems change a LOT with burn in. What you hear OOTB is not the same as what you hear 12 hours later or 100
Ive burned in a lot of IMR and they always Finally settle into an unchanging state AFTER 600 hours
Its a big investment in time but the end result is very much worth it
This has been the shared experience of most if not all the core members of this thread :)
End of the day. IMR are NOT 'ordinary' IEMs by any means

Wow hey thanks for the helpful advice, I had a lz before which was similar with filters etc but not to the quality of these. What would you say the reference set be, red top & bottom? And is there a chart avaliable I missed that lays out the flavors or chart for the filter qualities? Thanks agian trying the all red not bad. The all black was pretty nice as well

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #14,195 of 18,211
Wow hey thanks for the helpful advice, I had a lz before which was similar with filters etc but not to the quality of these. What would you say the reference set be, red top & bottom? And is there a chart avaliable I missed that lays out the flavors or chart for the filter qualities? Thanks agian trying the all red not bad. The all black was pretty nice as well
Cool & the Gang - If you know the Lz you get the idea :)
The filter combos depend on the sound signature of your source end of the day
Here are the charts
I dont think the Upper filter chart is that useful but the 2nd one, the bass lower filter can be useful
Generally speaking a red/red filter is nore or less neutral
If you have too much treble, the gold upper tends to help
If you want maximum treble the Blue upper filter is good
Black lower is max bass but sometimes the grey lower takes the edge of
but its what works for your ears - Tips can make a big difference as well

Upper_Stage_Acoustic_Filters.jpg

IMG_20221111_142548.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #14,196 of 18,211
Cool & the Gang - If you know the Lz you get the idea :)
The filter combos depend on the sound signature of your source end of the day
Here are the charts
I dont think the Upper filter chart is that useful but the 2nd one, the bass lower filter can be useful
Generally speaking a red/red filter is nore or less neutral
If you have too much treble, the gold upper tends to help
If you want maximum treble the Blue upper filter is good
Black lower is max bass but sometimes the grey lower takes the edge of
but its what works for your ears - Tips can make a big difference as well

Upper_Stage_Acoustic_Filters.jpg

IMG_20221111_142548.jpg
Nice, thanks! I just received some Clarion TRI and they seem to be the best of any I've tried so far.

As usual I found these imr sound best single ended off of my Shanling M6 21 not sure why that is, was the same thing with my Xelento, n5005, and Ultrasone edition eleven, maybe lower output impedance. Crazy that these are in my ears while Susvara, Ca1a is looking at me like, what's wrong with you man! Lol.

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #14,197 of 18,211
My only problem with the Titan is... Every other iem in my collection now sounds crap. I'm having to retrain my brain with the Kiwi ears Quintet so I can appreciate them again. First world problems
Lol, funny how that works out, eh? I've said this many, many time already, but Titan is so far above any other IEM I've ever owned that it's laughable. It's in a completely different league. I've sold off everything I own, except for the ACE and Szalayi. They both offer a unique sound that I find interesting, but Titan is clearly at the top. I keep the others for variety, as they are both very special in their own right.

Everything else, I've just sold off, because I know I'll never listen to them again after hearing the Titan. Finding your endgame is bittersweet. But as you implied, it can be a bit boring. Every other IEM sounds like crap by comparison.

If you haven't heard the Szalayi yet, I highly recommend it. Superb bass, outstanding imaging and soundstage, and very good timbre. It has a different presentation than Titan, enough so that it solidly deserves a place in my stable. It's a true gem.

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #14,200 of 18,211
Somethings wrong with one side of my Szalayi's and they've been 'shelved', shame as I like them. After around 150hrs+ Titans are exhibiting very good spatiality and clearness. Bass is deep, hard hitting and defined.
My condolences. I love my Szalayis. Can you get them fixed by Oriolus?

Titan is still the King. But the Szalayi has such a terrific sound presentation and timbre. I use them all the time.

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #14,202 of 18,211
Good afternoon. Have there been any changes in the delivery status of Na-Le? I have no changes.
Yep, deliveries to astrological planet Neptune are on their way. Apparently lies and deception are valid on Neptune. Earth deliveries are delayed until Bob comes down into earth reality. Na-Le estimated date of arrival on earth, May 2024.

Sep 13, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #14,203 of 18,211
I'm curious if @457205 heard from Bob about his damaged EH and what will be done.

Sep 13, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #14,204 of 18,211
I'm curious if @457205 heard from Bob about his damaged EH and what will be done.
Not much i guess. They will just get an bad score on rotten tomatoes for their crappy acting.

Not even C-Movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back