Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 9, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #14,177 of 18,183
Just received my 1st pair of imr the Elan +, is the metal piece supposed to be removable for a open back or just there for astetics I guess? Think I've set standards to high for these guys or maybe haven't found the right tips. I've tried quite a few iems to fill in for Susvara and CA-1a while out and about, edifier neobuds, Akg n5005, Xelento etc level perhaps I need to find new tips for these elan +, I have spin fits, comply, Orange pills so far not much luck except the orange pills.
Enjoy! Spiral Dots++ for me. Nothing else seems to work with my holes.

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #14,179 of 18,183
Maybe someone can help me, what is the difference in the base filters, they all look identical except the one gold w/ bass filter. Diameter looks the same..
Check the PDF in the very first post of this thread

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #14,180 of 18,183
Check the PDF in the very first post of this thread
Thanks for the tip, i went amd read the whole write up on Elan + acoustic, Dampers/Nozzles but still didn't explain the differences, as they all appear visually, to be the same, unless Im missing something ( I see the gold barrel has a base filter, but all the others looks identical besides the color.
(Edit : They are identified as "audio nozzles", so nothing specific to suggest that they are even implying there is a difference. To me it'd make more sense to have the barrel and tips as one piece and not two

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #14,181 of 18,183
Thanks for the tip, i went amd read the whole write up on Elan + acoustic, Dampers/Nozzles but still didn't explain the differences, as they all appear visually, to be the same, unless Im missing something ( I see the gold barrel has a base filter, but all the others looks identical besides the color.
(Edit : They are identified as "audio nozzles", so nothing specific to suggest that they are even implying there is a difference. To me it'd make more sense to have the barrel and tips as one piece and not two
Bass filters differs due to a minuscule hole at the bottom of the circumference. Larger the hole lower the bass and vice-versa. And upper filter differ due to weight of the dampening foam in it.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #14,184 of 18,183
The hole size on the side of the filter is different
On Elan+ there is no hole on the side of the barrel. They are all exactly the same except the gold barrel as it has the white mesh, all the others are exactly the same besides color. The only ones different are the small top (tip) filter 16943480178221099646981047610863.jpg

Sep 10, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #14,187 of 18,183
Why buying an IMR IEM with all the different filter/nozzle options when you don't want to
try them on your own to find your sound? And if you can‘t hear any difference, you should buy another brand.
Instead of talking if there is a tiny hole or not.

That‘s the meaning with IMR.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #14,189 of 18,183
Why buying an IMR IEM with all the different filter/nozzle options when you don't want to
try them on your own to find your sound? And if you can‘t hear any difference, you should buy another brand.
Instead of talking if there is a tiny hole or not.

That‘s the meaning with IMR.
I never said I didn't want the option to change the sound, I simply shared an observation (I thought i made lol)..while trying them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back