• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 25, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #106 of 18,254
Have you compared PB1/RAH to Opus mia?
My friend own Halcyon and RAH and told me has similar presentation on Bass and mid bass, although Bob said me opus mia has less bass (edged) than Halcyon due to new Aten driver generation

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #107 of 18,254
Have you compared PB1/RAH to Opus mia?
My friend own Halcyon and RAH and told me has similar presentation on Bass and mid bass, although Bob said me opus mia has less bass (edged) than Halcyon due to new Aten driver generation

My Rah and PB1 experiences are 6 months apart but the PB1 is so chilling in experience, full of energy but not fatiguing. I have no Halcyon experience and Opus Mia is super detailed and the bass goes from the most bass I’ve ever heard to complete reference level, it can be tuned pretty much however you wish.

Unsure if you all have seen your emails but there is some Semper available right now too. Pick your favourite colour and buy it.

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #108 of 18,254
I was thinking to buy Opus Mia but I think it's quite similar to Halcyon bass/mid-bass and i'm attracted to PB2 that is a snatch to the past IMR products...
You know i'd like to see how Bob tune-in EST/Planar with smaller titanium bass driver (9mm).
I think IMR sound signature is due to Aten (ceramic/piezo) driver mostly.
Am I wrong?

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #109 of 18,254
I was thinking to buy Opus Mia but I think it's quite similar to Halcyon bass/mid-bass and i'm attracted to PB2 that is a snatch to the past IMR products...
You know i'd like to see how Bob tune-in EST/Planar with smaller titanium bass driver (9mm).
I think IMR sound signature is due to Aten (ceramic/piezo) driver mostly.
Am I wrong?
Good question - For me the Aten driver is the real jewel in the crown of IMR. However I think its also true to say that his planer and Electrostatic selection and tuning are both basically faultless !
Again, [for me] the main benefit of the PB2 would be for those who don't buy IMR primarily for the low end but are perhaps more audiophile / reference loving listeners?!

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #110 of 18,254
Good question - For me the Aten driver is the real jewel in the crown of IMR. However I think its also true to say that his planer and Electrostatic selection and tuning are both basically faultless !
Again, [for me] the main benefit of the PB2 would be for those who don't buy IMR primarily for the low end but are perhaps more audiophile / reference loving listeners?!

I agree about PB2 infact i'm considering also Fearless S8Z and Mofasest trio but i cant try it and unfortunately amazon.it don't sell it

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #111 of 18,254
I agree about PB2 infact i'm considering also Fearless S8Z and Mofasest trio but i cant try it and unfortunately amazon.it don't sell it
I think both those IEM's will be very good and enjoyable but . . . Not in the same league as IMR in terms of tuning & implementation.

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #112 of 18,254
I think both those IEM's will be very good and enjoyable but . . . Not in the same league as IMR in terms of tuning & implementation.
Thank you for your feedback, have you test it?
So i'd buy both IMR, Opus Mia and PB2, burn it and keep "My cup of Tea"...

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #113 of 18,254
I’m pondering getting Opus Mia... who am I kidding, I’ll absolutely get it if it’s around long enough for me to scrounge the funds for it. That loyalty discount is dangerous.... and I’m eager to see how electrostatics implemented in an IEM sound! Anyone have both the Mia and the EDP? Any comparisons?

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #114 of 18,254
I’m pondering getting Opus Mia... who am I kidding, I’ll absolutely get it if it’s around long enough for me to scrounge the funds for it. That loyalty discount is dangerous.... and I’m eager to see how electrostatics implemented in an IEM sound! Anyone have both the Mia and the EDP? Any comparisons?
The MIA is in the realms of TOTL - higher tier - Its in a whole different league to the EDP.
I found the EDP to very good in general but I struggled to get to a place sonically where I was 100% happy with it.
Its a great IEM to showcase the accuracy and overall quality of a planer magnet but it does lean towards the details and highs.

Ive been in this hobby for over 10 years and have owned and listened to hundreds of IEM's & Headphones. (to put into context my points) In terms of presenting a VERY detailed smooth sound with adequate low end [for an affordable price] the EDP is top of the game. Its just personal but compared to the Aten I wasn't a huge fan of the titanium driver. There is nothing wrong with it but it didn't blow me away like the Aten consistently does! - BUT you can read many accounts of people who absolutely love the EDP.
For those newer on their IEM journey the EDP is highly recommended.
For those looking to 'finally' settle down with a spectacular IEM the MIA is very much a contender ESPECIALLY if realism of mids / vocals and a highly qualified low end is desired
Having said that I am very interested in the PB2. I think the titanium driver with the planer and electrostatic would make an ultimate detail orientated IEM

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #115 of 18,254
Thank you for your feedback, have you test it?
So i'd buy both IMR, Opus Mia and PB2, burn it and keep "My cup of Tea"...
I have not listened to the 2 IEM you mentioned but I have heard / owned many ChiFi IEMs so I have a good over all understanding of their tunings etc
and having also owned most of the IMR releases
I feel confident in my thoughts here. As I say, Im sure they are good but No-one is creating IEM's presently, to the unique quality and specific
implementation and tuning of IMR
IMR is doing something VERY special
Personally though I would only buy the OPUS - Im not sure the differences between the 2 would be worthy of the money spent?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #116 of 18,254
The MIA is in the realms of TOTL - higher tier - Its in a whole different league to the EDP.
I found the EDP to very good in general but I struggled to get to a place sonically where I was 100% happy with it.
Its a great IEM to showcase the accuracy and overall quality of a planer magnet but it does lean towards the details and highs.

Ive been in this hobby for over 10 years and have owned and listened to hundreds of IEM's & Headphones. (to put into context my points) In terms of presenting a VERY detailed smooth sound with adequate low end [for an affordable price] the EDP is top of the game. Its just personal but compared to the Aten I wasn't a huge fan of the titanium driver. There is nothing wrong with it but it didn't blow me away like the Aten consistently does! - BUT you can read many accounts of people who absolutely love the EDP.
For those looking to 'finally' settle down with a spectacular IEM the MIA is very much a contender ESPECIALLY if realism of mids / vocals and a highly qualified low end is desired
Having said that I am very interested in the PB2. I think the titanium driver with the planer and electrostatic would make an ultimate detail orientated IEM
That sounds like a good pairing then. I bike to work and often have to run at work (military), so having a less expensive pair of IEM’s that I don’t mind bouncing around in a case in my messenger bag or pannier and also get some sweat on them etc, but then have a nice IEM that I can wear other times. Seems like that’d be a good one two punch sort of option. I have other IEM’s of course, but I’m a little tired of reference sound for IEM’s, I have speakers for that kind of analysis.

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #117 of 18,254

I thought the same and i'm confident in Bob words that opus mia edge bass compared to Rah and Halcyon that had previous Aten Gen.
He told me Opus mia has tuned Aten with better bass control.
So i decided my "strategy", i bought Opus Mia and i'll listen it for 20days and then i decide if it's my cup of tea, if not i'll order PB2 and i will sell OM. :wink:

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #118 of 18,254
I thought the same and i'm confident in Bob words that opus mia edge bass compared to Rah and Halcyon that had previous Aten Gen.
He told me Opus mia has tuned Aten with better bass control.
So i decided my "strategy", i bought Opus Mia and i'll listen it for 20days and then i decide if it's my cup of tea, if not i'll order PB2 and i will sell OM. :wink:
Sounds like a good plan :)
Although the Opus will need a minimum of 100 hours burn in before you can hear what they can actually offer with any degree of truth (they sound amazing out of the box and then not so great between 20-60 hours but after 100 years a magical thing will happen - This has been the experience of many IMR owner!)
There is of course always the extra dimension of synergy. You will also need some very high quality / well mastered audio to really hear the beauty of the low end and the Elec's !

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #119 of 18,254
I sold RAH with less than 50hours :D

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #120 of 18,254
I sold RAH with less than 50hours :D
Haha Whoops! :D
Its very interesting. There has never been such a consistent consensus of people all agreeing that burn in real and clear with IMR IEM's, even folks who previously swore blind it was not a thing!
The RAH sounds phenomenal now after about 170 hours but it went through a horrible patch from around 25 hours up until about 80 hours.
The RAH is such a prefect compliment to the OPUS - one with planar and one with electrostat! Like brother & sister - both different but related :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back