• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 26, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #121 of 18,249
Haha Whoops! :D
Its very interesting. There has never been such a consistent consensus of people all agreeing that burn in real and clear with IMR IEM's, even folks who previously swore blind it was not a thing!
The RAH sounds phenomenal now after about 170 hours but it went through a horrible patch from around 25 hours up until about 80 hours.
The RAH is such a prefect compliment to the OPUS - one with planar and one with electrostat! Like brother & sister - both different but related :)
I can definitely agree with this one. Rah was really difficult for me under 120 hours or so. There was even a measurable volume difference between right and left side at around 80 hours, of 3db. After 20-30 hours of more burn-in this difference got reduced to around 0.5db, which is normal.
Proved to me once and for all that burn-in exists.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #123 of 18,249
Aug 26, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #125 of 18,249
But Mr.Parker, Jon if i may be so, what is this magic you have seen in the future, do they have hoverboards yet, we were promised them already but no they are still a dream. Tell us what is at the end of the rainbow.
Well, thank you for asking. After traveling for many arduous years seeking out that most magical and mystical place of all . . . the end of the rainbow . . . what you will find, if you look really really closely and most carefully is . . . The very beginning of the end of said rainbow that you set out from all those years ago to find the end off

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #126 of 18,249
Well, thank you for asking. After traveling for many arduous years seeking out that most magical and mystical place of all . . . the end of the rainbow . . . what you will find, if you look really really closely and most carefully is . . . The very beginning of the end of said rainbow that you set out from all those years ago to find the end off

Lol so it’s still just a pipe dream. Damn

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #128 of 18,249
Have looked into time travel it is too risky. But for anyone who has been can you check if I am still posting on head fi or did I find endgame?

I've always liked the idea of going into stasis if we're getting sci fi. Order the next IMR & go into stasis until they are delivered. Would be good for chi fi orders too.

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #129 of 18,249
Have looked into time travel it is too risky. But for anyone who has been can you check if I am still posting on head fi or did I find endgame?
I've always liked the idea of going into stasis if we're getting sci fi. Order the next IMR & go into stasis until they are delivered. Would be good for chi fi orders too.

Hmmmmm Stasis...Interesting.... You would never need to be patient again o_0

Time travel IS possible but not with the physical flesh. On the other hand...
Mind or conciousnous is not created by physical form. It is a formless continuum that has the power to 'know' or perceive objects.
Now then, because a continuum arises from its previous moment then this shows how its possible to move backwards or forwards in time BUT
and here's the rub (whatever that means!) You would need a very powerful mind to have the concentration or clarity to do that
That is another story though :)

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #130 of 18,249
Annnddddd I pulled the trigger. I sent a note to Bob about the loyalty code (despite having only jumped on the EDP to earn that code about 24 hours before) and he was quick and awesome to deal with. They still had Opus Mia in stock, so I couldn’t resist! Now the wait 😬 despite having paid for two other IMR IEM’s, this will be my first set I actually receive (Aten on Drop hasn’t shipped and EDP still in pre production)

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #131 of 18,249

I think you have ordered your end game and gone into stasis awaiting delivery of said end game. Or you have taken the risk and attempted time travel. Hope all is ok?

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #132 of 18,249
They still had Opus Mia in stock, so I couldn’t resist! Now the wait 😬 despite having paid for two other IMR IEM’s, this will be my first set I actually receive (Aten on Drop hasn’t shipped and EDP still in pre production)

Soooo whatchya ordering next?

Aug 30, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #134 of 18,249
Hopefully nothing for a little while! 🤣 at least not in the IEM department. Eyeballing a big batch of iPod Mini’s for auction that’d be fun to fix up 🤷‍♂️

I am wanting to create 2 Apple player variants, one the Ipod classic and another Iphone 5S Based. I need new cases 3D printing which is beyond me, and soldering which is also beyond me lol, so basically it is all a pipe dream but fun all the same just thinking about it.

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #135 of 18,249
I am wanting to create 2 Apple player variants, one the Ipod classic and another Iphone 5S Based. I need new cases 3D printing which is beyond me, and soldering which is also beyond me lol, so basically it is all a pipe dream but fun all the same just thinking about it.
Yeah part of my love for music is tied to my love for iPods. In fact, that’s why I sold my Andromeda’s. They sounded great! But their sensitivity made using them without an IEMatch unpleasant. That’s one thing I appreciate about IMR, he seems to design all of his products around a 32 ohm impedance. That makes them perfectly usable on my iPods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back