Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 22, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #93 of 18,121
I can do if you wish so. The aim was to eventually have it become a one stop shop for everything IMR rather than multiple threads.

Im easy either way! - Im just conscious that people often search Head -fi for definitive feedback on Headphones / IEMs etc
Just wondering if people might miss the superb and highly qualified feedback as posted in this thread *coughs* in relation
to the Opus Mia's...for example? :D
I think for us this thread is very useful though...

Aug 22, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #94 of 18,121
Im easy either way! - Im just conscious that people often search Head -fi for definitive feedback on Headphones / IEMs etc
Just wondering if people might miss the superb and highly qualified feedback as posted in this thread *coughs* in relation
to the Opus Mia's...for example? :D
I think for us this thread is very useful though...

Likewise, it either organically grows or dies in the dungeons.

Aug 22, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #96 of 18,121
Otherwise people searching for Opus Mia in Google may not see it!

Everyone’s google is different but mine is top result but google will also know to show it to me as that. Tape your cameras off people

825D80C5-CB3D-4145-9D17-8C09962C4E71.png

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #97 of 18,121
[Insert the sound of crickets chirping here]

I guess we are in for the long haul now with burn in :)
Its weird. All IMR's seem to go through a rough / disappointing sounding stage from 50 -100+ hours stage

Been great though hearing the different implementations of the Rah's Planar versus the Opus's Electrostatic
The planars have a beautifully natural presentation of instruments and drums where as with the right recording the vocals
presented by the electrostatic are sublime in their natural realism :)

Honestly for me this is the worst and hardest break in period, from sheer euphoria to they are broken. They must have over 150 hours on them and literally this night am I enjoying them thinking they are not broken.

Can you imagine the overload or natural realism of Semper combining the planar and electrostat with that bass presence. I have literally one hope and desire from the Semper and it revolves around an ultimate experience replication. I can’t bloody wait.

Aug 23, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #98 of 18,121
I have never seen so many hardened burn in sceptics have their minds changed through the experience of burning in their IMR IEM's. Its a genuine pleasure to see.
So many people like to fall back on a 'non-experience' intellectual view of burn in...'I haven't experienced it, therefore it doesn't exist'

Anyway, thought it would be interesting to share a part of some documentation from Morrow cables - Its related to cables but there are some parallels

What you will hear:
With Morrow Audio cable products, we have found that the sound is good at first, then there is a dip in sound quality. This dip quickly rises back to a comfortable listening quality with a steady improvement, rising far above the first listen until the end of the break-in process. This whole process generally occurs over a 50 to 400 hour period, sometimes as long as 600 hours depending on the cable model.
In order to help you know what you will hear during this process, we have provided below an explanation and actual customer testimonials for the first hours, mid-way hours and then the sonic glory of a fully broken-in product.
The first 50 hours:
When you first hook up your cables, you will hear about 70% of the sonic potential the cables have to offer. The highs might tend to be a little peaky and/or harsh, bass may lack and the midrange "sterile". This will soon go away and the frequencies will even out as the break-in process advances. Note from the testimonials below that the “high frequencies” is the area most noted.
  •  "After receiving the new Morrow cables, I immediately began playing music on them. They sounded thin, no bass, but the highs were rather promising."
  •  "I could hear early on how good the clarity and definition were."
  •  "At first, they sound rather lean..."
  •  "The highs were flighty in the beginning, but the promise of something good was there, so I hung in there, and am
    very, very pleased. Clean as a whistle."
    Mid-way through the break-in process 50 to 100 hours:
    Between 50 and 100 hours you will experience the "difficult stage" of the break-in process. The sonic potential of the cable drops to 50%. It may be difficult to listen during this time. This is when some of our customers make a pre-mature return, missing out on the full sonic glory of the product.

•  "Well, two weeks later, (as described in the break-in paper), things got worse. I remember thinking to give them a little time before you send them back. It was almost a full week before they started to improve, but when they did, what magic!"
  •  "Things are starting to happen. I came down last evening to have a quick listen. I estimate that I was at the 55-60 hour point with the interconnects. The sound was flat and uninteresting; the sound-stage seemed to
    have collapsed. Instruments that had been 'hard right' before were now somewhere in the center. I put the CD
back on repeat and left. This morning...what a difference...67-72 hours ...exactly as stated by your users. I am
going to China on business for about a week but will be ordering more cables when I return."
  •  "The highs can be a little peaky during the mid-hours of break-in. There is a dip in quality from what was heard
    during the first hours. Bass and midrange appear to be a little thin."
  •  "The cable opened up tonight. What a difference a day makes. Dynamic, clear, full and weighty. It is a very
    musical speaker cable and images very well. Was nasally yesterday and the day before for that matter."
    A few 170-hour testimonials:
  •  "Changes? Absolutely! I must tell you that I was somewhat skeptical, not necessarily about the actual existence of a break-in process because I have experienced some of it with other cables. However, I must tell you that about 10 days ago, with around 170 hours of playing time on your interconnects, the sound changed dramatically! Even my wife noticed the changes. Both of us are very impressed with the changes that occurred.”
  •  “Suddenly, the soundstage opened up significantly, timbers became fleshier and more realistic; dynamics [micro and macro] are more organic, and articulations [staccatos, pizzicatos, etc.] are more natural. But the most dramatic change occurred with the sense of 'physical space perception', as I can best describe it. My wife nailed it: it sounds like live music now! This perception is more evident in our several recordings from the Mapleshade label, which has wonderful jazz recordings.”
  •  “Mike, I am a professional conductor, so I've been working with college choirs [and occasionally with orchestras as well] for a long time now, so I know a thing or two about musical sounds. I must say that your cables have definitely helped my stereo gear get closer to what real music is!"
    After full break-in:
    As you reach the end of the break-in process, the frequency extremes fill and smooth out, the midrange bloom returns
page4image746001440

and the cable takes on a very natural sound presentation.

"I just wanted to let you know that after 336 hours, the MA3 interconnects are awesome in my system!!!!! Your 5- day burn-in helped a lot and then I ran them in another 96 hours.
WOW! Want you to know that your MA3 kicked major butt over the 4 times more expensive interconnects I was using. Now, I am a believer."
"After this break-in period (280 hours), I played disc after disc and became a believer in Morrow Audio's hype. The bass was spectacular, the highs were open and nicely extended, but the midrange with female vocals or acoustic instruments, like guitar and piano, became surreal. Whitney Houston and Karen Carpenter came to life. Recordings which were really good became great!"
"As the cables break-in, the bass and lower midrange fill out, and the cables become much more extended at the frequency extremes."
"Amazing clarity of sound and deep bass."
"Clear, precise, great rhythm, deep clear bass, inner detail..."
"They have great clarity, presence, extension and just sound beautiful! I believe these are quite special."
"The cables have a very natural sound and do an excellent job of preserving the natural timbre of instruments." "The sound stage is huge! I'm very happy."
"There is substantially more bass with no loss of clarity/ definition. The midrange/ highs sound very natural." "Great audio cables Mike! BIG improvement on my audio system... soundstage, focus, tone quality, it is all there."

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #102 of 18,121
PB2 or Opus Mia... Damned doubts!!!
Opus mia has Aten that kick less than RAH and Halcyon but hasn’t Planar.
Maybe PB2 with new titanium driver will be brighter for sure but also richer and smoother on mids than Opus Mia.
PB2 looks like a mini Semper on paper. :)

On the other hands I didn’t try Expensive IEMs like IMR and I don’t know if I’d find something better at this price to my ears.

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #103 of 18,121
PB2 looks like a mini Semper on paper. :)

Why look at it so pessimistically lol, have the optimism it is the ultimate EDP.
On the other hands I didn’t try Expensive IEMs like IMR and I don’t know if I’d find something better at this price to my ears.

Better at what? Better as a whole entity or something specific? There is always something “better”.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #104 of 18,121
Why look at it so pessimistically lol, have the optimism it is the ultimate EDP.

Ahahah for sure it’s an EDP full optional LOL 😂

Anyway I own IKKO OH-10 and I preferred it to RAH with Shanling M6 pro and now I’m listening with iBasso DX220 MAX, it’s incredible what I’m hearing with this unusual combo.🤤🤤😍🤩
Unfortunately DX220 isn’t mine and my friend would be back it 😭
I didn’t find Good match with Shanling and RAH also changing filters, but it’s a long story.
I prefer a clearer presentation than RAH with good bass but not over bloated and I found it in OH-10 but I’d like to know if PB2 or others can go in this sound tuning direction, obviously better 😉

Attachments

• B73ADA4F-41D5-4F4B-8674-C05FD27F383D.jpeg
    B73ADA4F-41D5-4F4B-8674-C05FD27F383D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • AC4B8CA5-9BE7-4EF4-922E-F8BD77200A0A.jpeg
    AC4B8CA5-9BE7-4EF4-922E-F8BD77200A0A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Aug 25, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #105 of 18,121
Ahahah for sure it’s an EDP full optional LOL 😂

Anyway I own IKKO OH-10 and I preferred it to RAH with Shanling M6 pro and now I’m listening with iBasso DX220 MAX, it’s incredible what I’m hearing with this unusual combo.🤤🤤😍🤩
Unfortunately DX220 isn’t mine and my friend would be back it 😭
I didn’t find Good match with Shanling and RAH also changing filters, but it’s a long story.
I prefer a clearer presentation than RAH with good bass but not over bloated and I found it in OH-10 but I’d like to know if PB2 or others can go in this sound tuning direction, obviously better 😉

That is the most important thing, finding what you like and enjoying it.
I’d say the PB2 is probably in that direction of less bass quantity/clearer presentation based on my EDP experience and the clarity offered by Opus Mia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back