• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 11, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #61 of 17,988
IMR Opus Mia - 1st Impressions

I could now happily leave this hobby with the IMR RAH after more than 10 years of buying, trying and researching various IEM's and headphones

I was curious about the OPUS MIA thinking that maybe they would improve on the mids of the RAH having electrostatic driver in place of the planar in the RAH
Bu...Out Of The Box - How I have been wrong

Its Immediately obvious how EVERY aspect of the sound is clearly better / more refined / more real . . . Just better n every way than the RAH
Already for me the RAH are TOTL tuned end game for me

If the RAH are a rough diamond then the OPUS MIA are the final cut and polished product - Faultless, flawless beauty that draws the ears into a magical world

Truly, I can't begin to express how phenomenal the OM are
If I start talking now about the details, realism, separation, 3d imaging, holographic depths, sheer perfection od every note I will get in trouble with my boss
for wasting all day :)

Suffice it to say - and Im not exaggerating, these are IEM's of the god realms. I am speechless

PS: Using Bobs newly defined 'reference' tuning purple tuner with the included [perfectly fitting 4.4mm cable]
They really do exhibit a perfect reference tuning.
THIS out of the box. I cant imagine what they will be like after 150 hours

They are so beautiful as well

Anyone who has bought these should consider themselves extremely fortunate

So good to hear such good, positive feedback! The Zenith to Rah upgrade was rather astounding for me.
Now your description of Opus Mia sounds rather divine. I'm quite excited about the Semper now.
I must admit I really love the new design and this did play some role in me taking another plunge into IMR again.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #62 of 17,988
You know we certainly think very alike, i told myself i was not going to mention i bought these then i did, then i told myself i'm not going to do any first impressions for your reasoning but it is so hard not to say anything, i tried to play down my initial impression post to shy away from new toy syndrome then you stormed yourself right in with your impressions saying all my thoughts precisely and exactly lol. I will concur that the coming concurs will infact corroborate and if they do not then they are just plain wrong and will be hunted down and exterminated haha.

I'm glad that you can share your thoughts on your "new toy" :)
One of the annoying things about buying a Bob product is the waiting game while the product is being built, so it's great to hear this stuff on the Opus Mia in the meantime.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #63 of 17,988
Only one left. Come on, guys. Take it!

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #64 of 17,988
I'm glad that you can share your thoughts on your "new toy" :)
One of the annoying things about buying a Bob product is the waiting game while the product is being built, so it's great to hear this stuff on the Opus Mia in the meantime.

It was refreshing that the Opus Mia came out of nowhere with no pre announcement and were almost ready to ship out, i think something like 2 weeks from announcement to shipping yet still the Semper wait is still painful.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #65 of 17,988
It was refreshing that the Opus Mia came out of nowhere with no pre announcement and were almost ready to ship out, i think something like 2 weeks from announcement to shipping yet still the Semper wait is still painful.

Your right. Don’t know if i can wait tre months for the Semper. Had the Mia already tre times in the cart........ So tempting, aaaaah:relaxed:

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #69 of 17,988
Will the loyalty code be valid for Opus Mia also after the first batch of 100 are gone?

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #70 of 17,988
How do they compare size wise to the Rah/ PB1? & how is the fit?

Will the loyalty code be valid for Opus Mia also after the first batch of 100 are gone?

That would be good to know. I had them in the cart but decided to send my DX220 & amps off to Fidelizer to work his magic instead.

But I am still pondering selling the Halcyon & getting the OM.

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #71 of 17,988

That would be good to know. I had them in the cart but decided to send my DX220 & amps off to Fidelizer to work his magic instead.

I’ll grab a picture for you. The fit is great, probably the best I’ve had with the caveat of my ears are fussy and with these 1mm in any direction completely shuts off the sound lol, but in that perfect position it is literally perfect.

Do it, no don’t do it, yeah nah don’t, nah yeah do it.

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #72 of 17,988

1597216762444.png

Aug 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #73 of 17,988
To balance out all the positive hoo has :D . . .
The only negative I have found is that - because the the stem of the IE is quite tall, once you add the cable which has a tall metal housing, the loop of the wire starts to bend around above the top of my ear. I do have small ears though
Its a little bit...not uncomfortable... but I can feel it and it is slightly annoying BUT... Im only going to be using them inside in a stable environment so no problem. In other words Im nothing to moving around much with them.
I should add that Im now on the 3.5mm cable for burn in and as a result I can see how much more you get using the 4.4mm cable / DAP.
Will be able to have a bloody good sesh on them tomorrow as its day 1 of my holiday :)

Aug 12, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #74 of 17,988
To balance out all the positive hoo has :D . . .
The only negative I have found is that - because the the stem of the IE is quite tall, once you add the cable which has a tall metal housing, the loop of the wire starts to bend around above the top of my ear. I do have small ears though
Its a little bit...not uncomfortable... but I can feel it and it is slightly annoying BUT... Im only going to be using them inside in a stable environment so no problem. In other words Im nothing to moving around much with them.
I should add that Im now on the 3.5mm cable for burn in and as a result I can see how much more you get using the 4.4mm cable / DAP.
Will be able to have a bloody good sesh on them tomorrow as its day 1 of my holiday :)

Same for me regarding the cable which i remedied with a cable without ear forms but i pretty much have to do this on all the IEM's.

Aug 12, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #75 of 17,988
Same for me regarding the cable which i remedied with a cable without ear forms but i pretty much have to do this on all the IEM's.
Good point! I do love the IMR cables though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back