Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 28, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #10,426 of 17,916
1669640882571.png

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #10,427 of 17,916
Although I have a five IMR IEM's (+ the coming NaLe) which I love, I am baffled by the IMR Acoustics web site. Finding the most discounted price or even find the IEM I am interested in, is more often than not often impossible. Even though I'm a 'member', it's a bit like the Freemasons, obscure and hard to get straight and clear information. It seems we have to have 'MI5' intelligence connections to get clear info about IMR stuff. Could someone share the LOWEST price I can buy the IMR RAH....discount codes I should have some clarity about.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #10,429 of 17,916
Na Le any minute now.... right?

EDIT: I wish there was a way to listen to different IMR IEMs to help make sure of purchases. I'd love to compare the Zion, Dark Matter, and BC, to see which gives the right profile for me. Resale is so hard with IMR sets that it helps to make the right choice up front.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #10,430 of 17,916
On my opinion ace are slightly more linear. Zenith are really fun and dynamic with huge bass. Kind of not expensive totl for a basshead
Do you (or anyone else) know of any other IEM that compares to the Zenith II in terms of overall sound presentation and sound quality? How about RAH or PB1? Any non-IMR offerings?

I just find myself reaching for the Zii almost every time I sit down to enjoy music. To me, they're so dynamic and create such an ethereal atmosphere of sound, it's just intoxicating. I'd love to know if there were any others out there that are similar or (unlikely) better.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #10,431 of 17,916
@dharmasteve

These are the prices I see, just converted to USD for me - I did follow the link from the email that came out today, in case that had something to do with it?
Yeah, but what are the recent discount codes? I have the SOG, Ozar, DM, ACE and Zenith....and the forthcoming Na-Le, yet somehow maybe that's not enough and I haven't been invited to the IMR discount code party. Bob's web site is a kind of shape-changer, everything changes before their time, like Proteus, slippery god of the sea, like Astrological Neptune.....it's all secrets even the initiated can't penetrate.:pisces:.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #10,432 of 17,916
Yeah, but what are the recent discount codes? I have the SOG, Ozar, DM, ACE and Zenith....and the forthcoming Na-Le, yet somehow maybe that's not enough and I haven't been invited to the IMR discount code party. Bob's web site is a kind of shape-changer, everything changes before their time, like Proteus, slippery god of the sea, like Astrological Neptune.....it's all secrets even the initiated can't penetrate.:pisces:.
I guess I haven't received of or heard of any codes either.

Nov 28, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #10,433 of 17,916
Do you (or anyone else) know of any other IEM that compares to the Zenith II in terms of overall sound presentation and sound quality? How about RAH or PB1? Any non-IMR offerings?
IMR Astra Ultraque 😂
Jokes a side ZII are unique with their huge driver.
I think Elan+ are going to be something special. Seraph too, but way more expensive.
Upcoming Zion maybe will be bass killing one

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #10,434 of 17,916

I just find myself reaching for the Zii almost every time I sit down to enjoy music. To me, they're so dynamic and create such an ethereal atmosphere of sound, it's just intoxicating. I'd love to know if there were any others out there that are similar or (unlikely) better.
Rah has boomier bass, though the mids make it up and its one of my favorite offerings. Pb1 its one of my favorite headphones and I’m super biased about it, the mids on it are GOLD. One of the best headphones i own.

A&K t8ie has similar presentation, bass ain’t as aggressive though its elegant and musical, soundstage its smaller but the musicality and signature reminds me a lot of the zenith 2, mild W with bass emphasis.

Sony xba n3 has a bit of that soul as well THOUGH it has a BA… which can be a bit picky in terms of styles. Though its a no brainer imo. It’s an EXCELLENT iem.

Altough it’s a bit tedious, i modded my zenith,first locking the rattling piece in the middle of the shells, second, using a bit of micro pore tape i tapered a bit of foam behind the driver making the bass a bit less boomy and bringing the mids more forward. With this i got a more t8ie signature with aggressive bass and amazing mids

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #10,435 of 17,916
Thanks Alex. Care to compare the Zii and PB1 a bit more in depth? I'm curious about the stage and treble extension of the PB1. To my ears, the Zii is virtually perfect in these areas. Like I said, it delivers an almost ethereal sonic experience.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #10,436 of 17,916
Cancelled my Na-le, should be available on IMR page soon.
Had the chance to get a Kinera Baldr for a pretty nice price. 😋
No need for the Na-le anymore.

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #10,437 of 17,916
using a bit of micro pore tape i tapered a bit of foam behind the driver making the bass a bit less boomy and bringing the mids more forward. With this i got a more t8ie signature with aggressive bass and amazing mids
Honestly, one of the main reasons I love the Zii so much is that the mids are recessed, resulting in an incredibly deep 3D soundstage. If the mids were more forward, it would lose its character. My EDP ACE is already mid-forward enough for me. The Semper has "medium" mids, not too forward and not too recessed. Semper is just about perfect in all respects when it comes to technicals, sound quality, and soundstage. But it's the dynamics and sense of realism that the Zii produces that I haven't heard in any other IEM so far. Even with Semper, it seems that I'm listening TO the music rather than experiencing it like I am with the Zii. Not sure if it's the piezo ceramic driver or something else, but it's magical.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #10,438 of 17,916
Cancelled my Na-le, should be available on IMR page soon.
Had the chance to get a Kinera Baldr for a pretty nice price. 😋
No need for the Na-le anymore.
I'm kicking around the idea of doing the same. With Bob sending me the "special" IEM, I'm not sure there's a good place in my collection, next to the others.

Nov 29, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #10,440 of 17,916
Looks like the DM/Avalon disaster and the delays with Zenith and EDP Ace are starting to bite IMR.
I my self have cancelled 2 Preorders as I lost faith and now I' m thinking about rejoining Elan+ or not. Normally it would be a no brainer but I struggle as I lost faith once.
The fact that I once asked Bob about new foam tips and he never got back to me, doesn't make things any better for me.
I still love my Avalon and most time I reach for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back