Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 30, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #10,456 of 18,013
Had just a quick listening session with the Baldr. Some tips, original kabel and the Cayin RU6.......... and…..
The Zenith ii will never, ever leave this place again🤗😍
It's not fair - have to try them with different tips and on Solaris/Liquid Fire.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #10,457 of 18,013
There is an archive now, it was added a few moths ago, check it out on the bottom of the web page:
1669724271685.png

I've seen that problem of selling of R2 Red, that's pity.
That's pity because the old IMRs are great and have distinct charms in their sound. To me, sometimes they sound more pleasant than even the newest generations.

That's the downside of doing so many small product batches in comparison. There is no longevity in the resell market.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #10,458 of 18,013
It's not the most bassy headphone I own but the detail and clarity among frequencies does make it special. Just my 2 cents
I'd have to agree. I think my Elan had more raw molar-rattling bass, but the DM deliver more refined, controlled, "audiophile" appropriate bass. Nothing exaggerated.

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #10,459 of 18,013
Listening to the the Zenith II, I have to say it is faultless. The only thing that could let it down for some is fit. With the Pro cable and the new TempoTec V6 DAP, they are so well tuned that it's such a shame they have such a short run. So clever using such an unusual driver and being able to 'twiddle the screw' and use it open.......Bob certainly thinks 'outside the box'. They make the Yorkshire band New Model Army come back to life again. A lot of people don't know what they are missing.

Nov 30, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #10,460 of 18,013
Listening to the the Zenith II, I have to say it is faultless.
Lol, welcome aboard. I figured this out many months ago. The Zii is probably my favorite IEM. I've been gushing over it ever since I got it.

For me, the fit is actually the BEST of all my IEMs. The weight is super light and the nozzle angle is perfect for my ears.

The tuning could be a bit heavy on the low end for some folks, but overall it strikes a perfect balance between fullness, impact, dynamics, air, and soundstage. The PUC driver is genius and perfectly developed. The imaging and detail that it creates is top notch. Even $1000+ IEMs can't replicate it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bob needs to seriously consider the Zii to be the foundation for his product line going forward and mass produce it. It would be a fantastic seller and would easily surpass the Chi-Fi crap out there.

Nov 30, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #10,461 of 18,013
That's the downside of doing so many small product batches in comparison. There is no longevity in the resell market.
Lol, welcome aboard. I figured this out many months ago. The Zii is probably my favorite IEM. I've been gushing over it ever since I got it.

For me, the fit is actually the BEST of all my IEMs. The weight is super light and the nozzle angle is perfect for my ears.

The tuning could be a bit heavy on the low end for some folks, but overall it strikes a perfect balance between fullness, impact, dynamics, air, and soundstage. The PUC driver is genius and perfectly developed. The imaging and detail that it creates is top notch. Even $1000+ IEMs can't replicate it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bob needs to seriously consider the Zii to be the foundation for his product line going forward and mass produce it. It would be a fantastic seller and would easily surpass the Chi-Fi crap out there.
I'M warming to the Zenith11 I think my problem was I bought 6 sets of iems in a 6 week period Inc senn ie600, AKG n5005, Acoustune HS1670SS, ikk OH10, dunu vernus and the edp ace and they got neglected. what bottom filter are you using? I'm on red and think they might need a touch more bass

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #10,462 of 18,013
I'M warming to the Zenith11 I think my problem was I bought 6 sets of iems in a 6 week period Inc senn ie600, AKG n5005, Acoustune HS1670SS, ikk OH10, dunu vernus and the edp ace and they got neglected. what bottom filter are you using? I'm on red and think they might need a touch more bass
I'm using purple lower and red upper with Whizzer SS20 tips (short, wide bore). To me, I want tips to get out of the way, not influence the sound. For my ear canal geometry, the SS20 works well. For others, different tips may work better. But I hear a lot of people trying to use tips as tuning devices, where I have the opposite opinion. I have found the SS20 tips to work best on EVERY IEM that I have in my collection (and I've done a TON of tip rolling). They're a great match for my ear shape and I've stopped trying to use other tips to change the sound.

I used to use red lower nozzles with the Zii, but I found the purple ones to have better bass quality and better separation with the mids.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #10,463 of 18,013
I was toying around the 1670ss during the weekend, man, we are in amazing hifi times, those are some of the best headphones ever built, sad to see em neglected by many in the community, as well other little monster that has been on my weekly rotation: the all amazing t8ie by A&K and Beyer. Both 1 single DD with amazing clarity.

Playing opus Mia on the Ifi go bar as we speak, man… the bass of the OM… zenith 2 is good… but man… OM…heck… talk about massive bass

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #10,464 of 18,013
I was toying around the 1670ss during the weekend, man, we are in amazing hifi times, those are some of the best headphones ever built, sad to see em neglected by many in the community, as well other little monster that has been on my weekly rotation: the all amazing t8ie by A&K and Beyer. Both 1 single DD with amazing clarity.

Playing opus Mia on the Ifi go bar as we speak, man… the bass of the OM… zenith 2 is good… but man… OM…heck… talk about massive bass
The Acoustune are superb and have a unique sound with astounding clarity and attack. The Opus Mia again has an incredible bass and lush mids so many brilliant iems so little time.

Dec 1, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #10,465 of 18,013

As a self confessed bass person I tend to go with the raw settings of black lower, blue uppers except on the DM, black lower, gold upper. Although the bass of the Zenith is 'big' it's much less digital than the 'big' impactful bass of the DM and the Zenith II has that analogue bass sound, fitting for 60's, all the way through to modern music. I have a 'lot' of ChiFi IEMs but none quite have that analogue 'Western' sound structure of the Zenith II, and I agree that the Zenith II, along with a couple of other IMR IEMs, should be full time as part of the IMR catalogue. That longevity would make IMR directly in competition with some big brands and thus IMR being known by all and reviewed by all.
I really don't like the IMR web site at all. Too many obscure areas that favour some, unreachable for others, often changing. Too many very short run IEMs are silly and hit long term resale value...and that's coming from me, an IMR fan boy

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #10,467 of 18,013
Na-Le shipping date is changed again. It is now late December. It looks like it will be another 3 months wait...
As my first purchase from IMR, this is pertty disappointing. I've never bought from Drop because I don't believe in having my money tied up indefinitely. It's one thing to know from the start that they would be coming out in late Dec / early Jan etc, but the shifting date is how cancellations are made. I won't be cancelling mine yet though.

Dec 1, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #10,468 of 18,013
Na-Le shipping date is changed again. It is now late December. It looks like it will be another 3 months wait...
Hello, Na-Le is my first ever purchase from IMR. I have not received any email about the change in the shipping day. From where do you know this, please? Should we not receive an email update about this?

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #10,469 of 18,013
Hello, Na-Le is my first ever purchase from IMR. I have not received any email about the change in the shipping day. From where do you know this, please? Should we not receive an email update about this?
Welcome to IMR club. There is no email update on shipping of Na-Le. I got it from IMR website description. Initially the shipping date was December 2022. But it was changed to November just before final payment of the pre-order. Now it is late November/December 2022.
As an experienced old IMR customer I don't see delivery of Na-Le anytime before end of January or mid February next year :)

1669907983889.png

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #10,470 of 18,013
Anywhere into January would be pushing it for me. I like to make sure I don't cancel on preorders, especially from a smaller company. A pre-order is a mutual trust of what to expect. But if terms change on one side it's only fair they change on the other. Like I said, January is too long for my money to sit around not bringing me gear I can try, keep, or move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back