Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 29, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #10,442 of 18,067
BTW on the shop page Seraph+ pre-order discounts are not visible, this is a real price in €:

1669721529692.png

Damn, there is a ton of cancellations it looks like, based on the last IMR mail.
I hope that Bob will recover from this. The problem is that historical clients are loosing because of not really consistent approach and because of "boutique" kind of production not a lot of new clients are joining.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #10,443 of 18,067
I hope that Bob will recover from this. The problem is that historical clients are loosing because of not really consistent approach and because of "boutique" kind of production not a lot of new clients are joining.
It would also be a good idea for IMR to have an archive. It sucks to always use waybackmachine to research Elements of an older IEM. Also there is one point that Crin made about IMR that is still legit: "Nobody cares about the Performance of an IEM above 22kHz", especially when you pay for it with the inability to read the FR proper. Also would it be good to measure the FR of the IEMs with reference Tuning (purple/red) und max cure (Black/blue). Maybe also Green/Green as minimum curve.
As I said in my last post. I'm still interested in Elan+ but where will it fit between Avalon, Variatons, SA6U, Midnight, SOG, R2Red....?

In addition, it has become pretty hard to sell older IMRs, even for cheap. The R2 Red is nearly unsellable.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #10,444 of 18,067
It would also be a good idea for IMR to have an archive. It sucks to always use waybackmachine to research Elements of an older IEM. Also there is one point that Crin made about IMR that is still legit: "Nobody cares about the Performance of an IEM above 22kHz", especially when you pay for it with the inability to read the FR proper. Also would it be good to measure the FR of the IEMs with reference Tuning (purple/red) und max cure (Black/blue). Maybe also Green/Green as minimum curve.
As I said in my last post. I'm still interested in Elan+ but where will it fit between Avalon, Variatons, SA6U, Midnight, SOG, R2Red....?

In addition, it has become pretty hard to sell older IMRs, even for cheap. The R2 Red is nearly unsellable.
There is an archive now, it was added a few moths ago, check it out on the bottom of the web page:
1669724271685.png

I've seen that problem of selling of R2 Red, that's pity.

Nov 29, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #10,445 of 18,067

That's pity because the old IMRs are great and have distinct charms in their sound. To me, sometimes they sound more pleasant than even the newest generations.

Nov 29, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #10,447 of 18,067
I'd love to hear a comparison between Seraph+ and Titan eventually. As much as I'd love to, unfortunately I can't buy them all.

Nov 29, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #10,448 of 18,067
I'd love to hear a comparison between Seraph+ and Titan eventually. As much as I'd love to, unfortunately I can't buy them all.
Not sure when that will be unfortunately. The risk of delays were mitigated when the purchase price was split into two with the final amount collected within 30 days (I think) of shipping. Disappointed that after collecting the final payment, it is delayed again.

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #10,453 of 18,067
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback and discussion. I have a ton of new tips in the way. If it turns out my DM just isn't digging deep enough I may talk to Bob about a checkup. Along with tips, Shozy and Penon just put the really expensive SCB2 on sale for $140. Mines already on the way...
I saw that! Although I'm sure it's better than my tuning-foam modded Blon 03, it's hard to know *how* much better.

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #10,455 of 18,067
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback and discussion. I have a ton of new tips in the way. If it turns out my DM just isn't digging deep enough I may talk to Bob about a checkup. Along with tips, Shozy and Penon just put the really expensive SCB2 on sale for $140. Mines already on the way...
I had the same situation, mine wasn't giving me any bass at all, I was quite disappointed, even thought of just passing on it, though one day I was casually listening when I noticed that something was changing, a couple of days after I had this beautiful detailed bass coming out of the blue, I didn't do anything, just burn in, it does require time but it comes out blazing. It's not the most bassy headphone I own but the detail and clarity among frequencies does make it special. Just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back