Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #10,486 of 18,062
Well I wondered if further break in would help my DM to get that bass going. So I did something more than normal break in. I set my DAC at high gain and instead of the normal range of 20 to 30 volume I went up to 60 and let it rum in more.
Doing the same frequency sweep test same tips, cables etc no EQ or dsp I hear a minor hiccup at 33hz and 48hz but I can also heard real bass now to 10hz. I have not idea if it magically fixed itself or what but its sure much better playback. I would think its was my ears if I hadn't run the test in other iem sets too. For now just gonna wait and see. Thanks for everyone's help.
Bass is now substantial but I do need the volume up higher to get full effect. Since I have sensitive hearing I normally listen very quietly. My last hearing test was 14hz to 22k.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #10,487 of 18,062
Dm:

Red bottom, pink filter modded micropore with a bit of wood in the back of the the driver chamber close to the upper screw port.
Need to work a bit on it... But I'm getting Into the black abyss of bass and clarity

Iems are way more fun since the slightest change in the path of air has the ultimate change (for the best or the worst) I thought of printing a wooden back for the dm, I have a friend with a cnt driver, though first I toyed with the idea and placed a bit of wood in the back just attached with tape, the bass disappeared and it had a weird lifeless impact on everything else, it sort of dulled everything, then I visited the sony MDR z7 (which I already modded) for ideas, I didn't placed anything in the driver (not would I, when I placed dynamat in the z7 driver I felt a lack of reverb that made everything dry) then I just started to toy around. I think there's a bit of room for improvement. Sorry for the lack of pictures, I'm the worst at taking em and always end up going straight into what I'm into. I've been wanting to show how to fix the rattle sound in the Zenith 2 (it's really easy, super glue in one of the pieces and done) anyway

Besides the drivers finally settling in, I think the little dampening I'm getting are making the mids clearer and highs a bit more clean

One thing though, my dm were one of the "this has no bass" ones, I found that the grills in the bottom were unattached, super glue the corners and placed them properly, it did a night and day difference, maybe some have the same problem?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #10,489 of 18,062
Has anyone taken the plunge and purchased the Kbear Rosefinch? Its closer to my endgame than the DM I think. Wanna cry.
My take on it was that compared to the HBBxQKZ (bassy but very controlled, only real con being timbre) it was bassy without control - which to my ears doesn't make it stand out vs other bassy chi fi sets that have always been available. I like the tone from the biocellulose dynamic* in a couple areas of the FR, but it wasn't worth the lack of bass definition to me, and definitely bloated. To my ears it wasn't a significant release. Others feel differently, I'll let them chime in.
Big bass for cheap is nothing new, to turn my head there has to be an unexpected level of texture and control... while maintaining physicality /punch.

*This was the main reason I was excited for it, didn't care for the tuning though.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #10,491 of 18,062
Anything happening on the Titan front? I'm really curious to see people's impressions regarding this ultimate flagship.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #10,492 of 18,062
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #10,497 of 18,062
Of course the technical background that make Avalon sound as they do, probably go far beyond their FR.
IMR IEMs have definitely convinced me to not look at FR graphs. The ones that Crinacle posted for the few IMR units he measured (including Semper) looked absolutely horrible. Glad I didn't see those before making my purchase.

Better to just listen to them yourself and forget about the graphs.

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #10,498 of 18,062
IMR IEMs have definitely convinced me to not look at FR graphs. The ones that Crinacle posted for the few IMR units he measured (including Semper) looked absolutely horrible. Glad I didn't see those before making my purchase.

Better to just listen to them yourself and forget about the graphs.
Crinacle didn't burnt them in btw. I never "believed" in his opinion regarding IMR.

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #10,499 of 18,062
Crinacle didn't burnt them in btw. I never "believed" in his opinion regarding IMR.
Possibly true. But that just proves my point. You can't trust the squiggly lines on a graph that someone else posts on the internet. Trust your ears instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back