• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 25, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #17,911 of 18,013
Is this the engima or enigma +
Mine are Enigma+, but I suspect they're close overall. But since the E+ have ESTs, it's possible the non+ version is further away from Titan treble.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #17,914 of 18,013
Wait this is new
Open back amt? What
Bob mixing it up to shift last few copies of Enigma. For the fickle people like me it was enough to make me get one after telling myself I did6need an Enigma that and the incredible deal Brandon did for me.

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #17,915 of 18,013
Bob mixing it up to shift last few copies of Enigma. For the fickle people like me it was enough to make me get one after telling myself I did6need an Enigma that and the incredible deal Brandon did for me.
How much did u pay?
They r proper struggling to sell units
I wonder if they would sell the caps to i can c what the difference is lol

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #17,916 of 18,013
How much did u pay?
They r proper struggling to sell units
I wonder if they would sell the caps to i can c what the difference is lol
Pm for actual numbers as it's not fair to share on public forum. I'm sure if you message through eBay store they may do a deal for faceplate as they seem to be doing a fire sale on everything from cases to old cables.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #17,917 of 18,013
I don't think there will be a different from the closed Enigma. Already the IEMs from IMR that were both open and closed were sounding the same in both configurations
For what it's worth, I did hear differences between closed and open on the Zenith II.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #17,918 of 18,013
I don't think there will be a different from the closed Enigma. Already the IEMs from IMR that were both open and closed were sounding the same in both configurations

For what it's worth, I did hear differences between closed and open on the Zenith II.

I heard the differences between open and closed on my R1 Zenith, and my Opus Mias as well when I had them. So maybe the Enigma open is more than snake oil.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #17,920 of 18,013
Pm for actual numbers as it's not fair to share on public forum. I'm sure if you message through eBay store they may do a deal for faceplate as they seem to be doing a fire sale on everything from cases to old cables.
It's good that IMR are giving good deals.
I dont see other iem manufacturers handing out discounts all that much.
I do see a lot of discounts on hifiman though.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #17,921 of 18,013
So did I, but I preferred the closed position.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #17,922 of 18,013
Apr 26, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #17,923 of 18,013
I heard the differences between open and closed on my R1 Zenith, and my Opus Mias as well when I had them. So maybe the Enigma open is more than snake oil.
Unfortunately, I lost one of the "closed" port screws for my Halcyon a while back and have since been running them open. I admit at 48yrs old, my hearing probably isn't wasn't what it once was, but I could not discern any noticeable difference in sound.
Apparently, closed back produces more bass impact and open back, a more open and spacious presentation?

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #17,924 of 18,013
Any idea what the difference is expected to be ?
What is this closed vs open concept in iems ?

In theory, open back should give a sense of more space, but while also (I believe, could be wrong) losing some of the bottom end.

But maybe that's not what you're asking.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #17,925 of 18,013
Any idea what the difference is expected to be ?
What is this closed vs open concept in iems ?

Unfortunately, I lost one of the "closed" port screws for my Halcyon a while back and have since been running them open. I admit at 48yrs old, my hearing probably isn't wasn't what it once was, but I could not discern any noticeable difference in sound.
Apparently, closed back produces more bass impact and open back, a more open and spacious presentation?

In theory, open back should give a sense of more space, but while also (I believe, could be wrong) losing some of the bottom end.

But maybe that's not what you're asking.

I'm not sure what Bob's intended sound profiles were for the open and closed back options, but what I heard was similar to what @Zeppmeister said. When open I hear a more spacious and clear presentation that I enjoy, with a slight decrease in the lows. So I just EQ a bit of lows back and I get that warm IMR house sound with a bit of added clarity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back