Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 24, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #10,398 of 18,067
Some RAH available too. Lots of people say how great these are. Never heard them myself.

Nov 24, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #10,399 of 18,067
Some RAH available too. Lots of people say how great these are. Never heard them myself.

Hmm, sounds like another email I didn't get.

Nov 24, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #10,400 of 18,067
Hmm, sounds like another email I didn't get.
You should have gotten it if you're on the waiting list for any of the current builds. Titan, Seraph, etc.

Nov 24, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #10,401 of 18,067
Still my Favorite of the whole bunch. The Aten Driver beautifully producing the low end, but operating across the entire frequency range. Beautifully tuned piezo bringing out crisp clear highs and that planar doing what a planar does best, connecting the bass to the treble with those lush creamy mids. I liked it so much I bought a 2nd and turned one into a CIEM. @yiokuan did the same Grab one it's awesome.

Nov 24, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #10,402 of 18,067
I received my Sands today (only took 5 days between placing the order and receiving them at my door in NY State, wow!). These are super-duper comfy in my ears, almost like they were custom made. Just trying them out of the box with the stock cable (I also have the PAC480) and my standard Whizzer SS20 tips. I wouldn't call these "bright", but they are definitely on the cool side of things and the sound is crisp and clean, but still relatively balanced with the 020 setting. I tried 100, but it was too V-shaped for my liking. Going to let these burn in a bit to see if they change, but I like the tuning out of the box already.

I'm surprised how much detail and huge stage there is with the Sands, but still remaining relatively balanced. They are analytical, but not sharp or shrill. The treble is controlled very well. With my IMR sets, the bass provides a strong foundation for the sound, which I miss with the Sands. They're a different breed, which is fine. I do not find anything about them objectionable in the least. Very happy so far. I may try tip rolling and definitely going to use the PAC480 cable sometime in the near future.

Again, thanks for the head's up on these. I'm still an IMR fan boy, but these are a pleasant surprise and a totally different type of IEM. A welcome addition to my collection.
After two days the Sands became really good. The balanced tuning, detail and imaging really made this into my fav IEM. Especially watching movies is an absolute bliss with this IEM.

Nov 24, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #10,403 of 18,067
Still my Favorite of the whole bunch. The Aten Driver beautifully producing the low end, but operating across the entire frequency range. Beautifully tuned piezo bringing out crisp clear highs and that planar doing what a planar does best, connecting the bass to the treble with those lush creamy mids. I liked it so much I bought a 2nd and turned one into a CIEM. @yiokuan did the same Grab one it's awesome.
Just when I thought I had my ducks in a row, all the audio gear I intend to get by end of January, you then throw the spanner, or rather the Rah, in the works!

Your description of the Rah is temptation at its seductive peak!

Nov 24, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #10,407 of 18,067
You should have gotten it if you're on the waiting list for any of the current builds. Titan, Seraph, etc.
In that case, no, not on the waiting list.

Nov 24, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #10,408 of 18,067
Sounds like a Semper without the ESTs.

I love my Semper. Best piece of audio gear I've ever heard. I'm afraid the RAH might be too much of an overlap.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #10,409 of 18,067
Sounds like a Semper without the ESTs.

I love my Semper. Best piece of audio gear I've ever heard. I'm afraid the RAH might be too much of an overlap.
Yeah, could be. I really love the RAH, and reshelling it Custom has given me great isolation and of course ear glove fit.

Nov 25, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #10,410 of 18,067
I'm seriously considering selling part of my IMR collection. Just waiting for the Seraph to arrive to make a final decision. I just have too many stuff right now.
If anyone still interested I'm selling the Zenith, Rah
For anyone interested I'm selling a big part of my IMR collection:

R1 Zenith
Rah
R3 Halcyon
OG EDP
Ozar (not really for sale but l can include it as a gift in one of the other sets).

All sets are on excellent condition and I'm the only owner.

I'm keeping DM and Seraph+

Cheers
If anyone's interested I still have my IMR collection for sale. The OG EDP is no longer part of the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back