Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 19, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #10,367 of 18,013
Has anyone received an update for the Na-Le? What I know is that they will be shipped towards the end of November. Is this still valid?
Rookie.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #10,368 of 18,013
Nov 19, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #10,369 of 18,013
Nov 19, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #10,370 of 18,013
Yes, Na-Le is my first one.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #10,371 of 18,013
Nov 19, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #10,372 of 18,013
You never forget your first ... so they say.
The irritation I felt with the EDP delays were nothing compared to the power of the Dark Side... I mean, the frustration I felt with IMR's BS during the Avalon debacle.

Nov 19, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #10,374 of 18,013
sonic bliss justifies the means
Ever since I "graduated" from Chi-Fi to IMR, I almost feel sorry for people who haven't made the jump. The sound quality is just on another level. Of course, until you hear the difference (and recognize it), you'll never know. It's something you need to experience for yourself.

Nov 20, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #10,375 of 18,013
Hello out there IMR's and thank you for this real big thread..
my eyes are burning since few days and about page 400 while reading till i guess now 602..

i have ordered a DM at 15.Nov. new, but without a case from theirs ebay account.

Royal Mail is showing me nothing, too.
So I have been tracking via 17track.

DM is on its way since 16th and hanging around at Tax Station.
So i have high hopes to get it before Christmas :D

No Problem, because i have some other IEMs and as it will be my first IMR, i don't know, what will be or was missing till then...

There will be no booklet, as I was able to see at the ebay pictures and the description. I found some pictures of the filter colours and their function i think of the Aten..

will it be the same for DM?

So thx for any answers and do have a good week.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #10,376 of 18,013
I'd be really surprised if there's no booklet. Even the "normal" DM on the IMR site doesn't specifically say "booklet."

The filters will work the same as the Aten. I think you'll have more, as more recent models have more to work with.

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #10,377 of 18,013
Ok i did not want to write this Coz my dm only been burning in for around 40h maybe? But were is the bass? Like i not done an a-b-c with avalon and ace but feels like the dm is not a bass monster
The dm is a nice iem feels smooth and clean
Not too much detail like avalons and ace but its not a bad thing ( again still not burned in so subject to change i guess)
But the bass
Were is the rumble?
The thump?
Feels like the ace has better bass so far and I got blue bottom on the ace
Dm i left it black black

What r peoples filter combo with the dm?

Oh and the black cable is different

The 2022 cables that i got with my avalons have L connector on 4.4 side
The cable i got with dm is straight 4.4 🤷‍♂️

Nov 21, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #10,378 of 18,013
Ok i did not want to write this Coz my dm only been burning in for around 40h maybe? But were is the bass? Like i not done an a-b-c with avalon and ace but feels like the dm is not a bass monster
Not too much detail like avalons and ace but its not a bad thing ( again still not burned in so subject to change i guess)
But the bass
Were is the rumble?
The thump?
Dm i left it black black

See if you have fit issues. Or else interchange cables.

Nov 21, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #10,379 of 18,013
But the bass
Were is the rumble?
The thump?
Dm i left it black black

I had to return my OG Dark Matter as there was simply not the Bass Levels, or Sub-Bass levels, Bob had intended. I returned them and the replacement was 'immediately' a bass phenomenon. Lots of mid-bass and sub-bass that the the Ace can only reach a fraction of. If you do not get the BASS, which is the point of the DM, you should get it exchanged. The bass may wake up with burn in, but if not then you need to get them replaced. The DM has 'notiçeably' powerful bass, through my various DAPs, using 4.4mm, and with L Spiral Dots.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #10,380 of 18,013
So far I have to admit that the Tansio Mirai Sands beats the Splash of Gold by another magnitude when it comes to soundstage, imaging and detail retrieval. The tuning of the Sands is a rather special case. It took me some PEQ and a lot of DSP to get it to sound right. The IMR sets are still more extended in the high treble while the Sands sounds more dark and relaxed at very high frequencies. Sounds like gunshots and explosions in movies are to my ears to high-pitched on IMR sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back