Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #571 of 18,143
I can agree the stock IMR cables do not match the OM. While I did think the OM sounded good even with the stock copper cables, when I upgraded the cable to the Penon Leo Plus, the difference was big. I've been using these cables for over a month now and the sound stage was massively improved, the bass was more refined, the details were more apparent, and the mids and highs were more clear. The best way to put it is it was like a sheath was unveiled from the OM allowing it to fully perform. It was an improvement in every way over the stock cable. I highly recommend the Leo Plus because the gold and palladium that add to the silver makes the sub bass, bass, and mid bass delicious while the silver retains the clarity and soundstage.
You have same impressions i notice with Penon OSG, but here they don't trust me, maybe my enthusiasm isn't believable or someone doesnt hear differences, it's not first time in hifi, it's same story every time you speak about cables.
Anyway i'll buy Leo+ for sure because i believe in your feedback like many others feedback about this cable.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #572 of 18,143
Interesting that it's always Penon to save the day...
Why even buy new iems , just get a Penon cable and transform everything to extreme levels.

Is discredit your fav sport? go on with stock cable if you don't believe or hear any differences.
Happy for you and your wallet Bro :wink:

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #573 of 18,143
Oct 28, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #575 of 18,143
Bob must be a really bad business man to sell his quite costly IEMs with his "inferior" enclosed cables. How much more could he sell, if he would use these cheap little buggers. :wink:

Just to clarify here - I LOVE the cables that Bob uses. By far my favourite cables Ive yet heard BUT there is one thing most folks seem to over look and that is 'synergy'
You have - Tips, Cable, Player, and time of day, mood etc etc all of which play a part in what you eventually hear
The point being, everything in your signal chain can make a difference from tiny to huge
Case in point, Been using the Reds with purple lower, gold upper + 3.5mm Bob cable and have been enjoying a beautifully and perfectly balanced sound..with my Sony, DX8o and Hiby
Recently bought a Hiby H3 PRO and the RED combo does not suit the >sound of the player< at all !!
In this case trying different filters, tips, cable can indeed tune the Reds to the sound signature that Im looking for :)

I actually only bought the cable as it has loads of great feedback and is the cheapest pure silver litz cable out there! NOT because I was unsatisfied with IMR cables

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #576 of 18,143
Different hearing in the course of the day, tips, daps and cable synergy. Not to mention different music genres and different recording with various music and songs, one should go around with kit full of cables , tips and daps to enjoy some music in case something is not right . Trying to find fault with everything and being borderline neurotic isn't the way to enjoy music IMO.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #577 of 18,143
So you agree cables made from for example coppers or silvers do nothing sonically and there is no difference in them whatsoever. An OM driven from skullcandy cables will sound exactly the same? Interesting
Any cable that isn't poorly produced will sound just fine.
My silver+palladium cable from Satin Audio doesn't sound any better than a $40 SPC cable that I got from amazon. And I've only come to a realization after having spent thousands on cables over the past 2 years.
Most stock cables are just fine as long as they're made properly.

Oct 28, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #578 of 18,143
Guys, let's just leave the discussion on cables here, please!

There are those who believe certain cables make a difference and others who believe cables do not make a difference beyond the standard well constructed cables, regardless of price and exotic materials.

We all knew what we were buying when we bought IMR, the after market cables, if any, is for each person to choose to use, it must be left to the individual to decide.

Just enjoy your music!

Oct 28, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #579 of 18,143
Some people just really have too much time on their hands...
Any cable that isn't poorly produced will sound just fine.
My silver+palladium cable from Satin Audio doesn't sound any better than a $40 SPC cable that I got from amazon. And I've only come to a realization after having spent thousands on cables over the past 2 years.
Most stock cables are just fine as long as they're made properly.
Mate it has to match your swagger.

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #581 of 18,143
I have been using these tips for a few months now and I highly recommend them.

-539257628266603259.jpg

I cannot bear foams, they give me that "jammed in" feeling, irritate my inner ears, dampen treble and generally irritate me after a short while.

These are foams with silicone sheath. The foam allows for a more snug fit, as foams do, but without dampening the treble. The bass is enhanced and because of the silicone sheath and the wide bore give you clarity so no restrictions on the capability of your earphones. The stage seems wider and imaging also seems more perceptible.

Beware your bass will be firmed up both in weight, texture and body, in effect fuller bass. In my view this is the nearest you can get a universal to mimic a custom earphone.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #582 of 18,143
I definitely do not hear a big difference between cables that I've used.
Even on my home stereo, I cannot hear a difference between cables. Heck, people argue about interconnects and I'd rather not even go down that route.

Tips make a more noticeable difference.

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #584 of 18,143
I'm actually curious what other users in this thread think about cables. I hope this discussion does not end and more people chime in

I think that the cables influence the comfort of use, which is not little. But I don't think they influence the sound, I've never been able to hear any difference, and I think the laws of physics support that idea as well.

But this is simply my point of view, I respect anyone else's, even if I don't share it.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #585 of 18,143
I think that the cables influence the comfort of use, which is not little. But I don't think they influence the sound, I've never been able to hear any difference, and I think the laws of physics support that idea as well.

But this is simply my point of view, I respect anyone else's, even if I don't share it.
In the laws of physics, different metals have different conductivities which add to the output impedance of the source. Which is why I believe different cables have different effects on drivers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back