Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #541 of 18,496
@NellieG you will fall in love with EST, I can’t listen an IEM without these drivers.
I’m listening Opus Mia and Penon Volt that has 4 EST right now😍 waiting for PB2.
I think won’t another IEM for a long time (trying to believe in)😂
Anyway my next purchase will be a good cable for PB2 and a new TOTL Dap.
We differ here, I can listen without EST, the sound is all that matters to me and how I get to that is totally irrelevant. I am sure I will love Semper though but I feel I will be holding off listening to them until I feel the time is right.
The only reason I change cables is for the length and IEM connector to help with the fit and as DAP's go I can't see my ever buying one to be honest, it's just not something that's required.

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #543 of 18,496
Semper is closer to rah in the presentation style and is more organic. Pb two is more reference..

Personally, I love the Rah!!

This pleases me greatly.

This is also my level of expectation
054A9CC0-683B-47F2-9E05-3782B164686C.jpeg

You can clearly see the similarities lol.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #544 of 18,496
just paid for my PB2, will get semper asap as well.. though i must admit, after having EDP for a couple of days, i thought the bigger the driver the more i would love the sound... EDP proved me wrong, this is one of the best headphones ive ever tried, burn in is going incredible, theres this thing with its dynamics... something i cant explain, something that just makes me happy, its sinergy with the sony wm1a makes it feel like a rehearsal room where the band is just there playing without any stress, theres a couple of songs where i literally can feel the mics going on and off, Karnivool Sounds Awake (one of the best prog album ever made) has this part in "Change" where i can hear Kenny gasp for air in between verses... man, thats one of the best feelings ever, listening to the raw details in the mix

im way more excited for PB2 than for semper

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #546 of 18,496
Can’t wait to listen PB2, maybe I’ll sell Opus Mia

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #547 of 18,496
It's so good now there are so many options and sound signatures. In the beginning we were all on the same choo choo all awaiting the same model but now there is something for everyone and obviously Semper is the best, it is black and black is hardcore and it will kick your butt if you disagree. Lol

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #549 of 18,496
I think when I say I get all I need from my IMR's I mean depth, width texture, various signatures and styles etc that all come together to give me what i am ultimately looking for which is to be hit squarely right in the feels, is this not what you ultimately want from your music?
all our gear is just a means to an end, no?
What gear is irrelevant so long as your feels are satisfied, yes?

I used to years ago be a gearphile disguised as an audiophile, then I thought I would give being an audiophile a legitimate chance but in reality I am a musicphile. I cate not about an accurate true representation of the music as it was recorded, I only care for my emotions being fully absorbed by the music in whatever presentation I am in the mood for.
So a nice dose of gearphile sprinkled with a hint of audiophile served on a silver platter of musicphile.

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #552 of 18,496
it could be worse, you could be a cablephile.
Its just worse for your wallet thats all. I still think collecting cables is better than collecting lighters. Espesially when you dont smoke lol. My father has a wardrobe of thoe things and displays ot in living room. Looks like a toy charity shop haha.

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #553 of 18,496
Collecting CDs back then (vinyl as well) was even worst. A cupboard loaded of disc and honestly, probably less than 50 of those were regulars. The rest untouched or once in a blue moon and collecting dust.

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #554 of 18,496
it could be worse, you could be a cablephile.

Probably me...haha

Can’t wait to listen PB2, maybe I’ll sell Opus Mia

Opus Mia a keeper. To my ears it excels in Jazz and instrumental Jazz and exceptional in my Mandarin collections. And day after day, it is getting better and can even toe along with fast and complex tracks. The just nice decay in the bass and subbass is addictive.

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #555 of 18,496
@yiokuan i receive yesterday Penon Volt and highs is similar to Opus Mia, but mids are better, bass now is better on Opus Mia, but Volt sounds only 8hours.
I'd burn it and compare them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back