• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 24, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #526 of 18,500
What ho fellow lucky IMR owners
thought I would drop in to bring your attention to a very interesting cable..well 2 actually
The first though has been highly recommended here in other threads: NICEHCK LitzPS 4N Litz Pure Silver Earphone Upgrade Cable £15-18
Deceptively inexpensive!
Its one of the most immediately different sounding cables Ive heard for ages. - Seems to increase sound stage and holographic images. Bass is a bit tighter, It seems to open up and make the whole audio more exciting while not really loosing any of the more 'audiophile' qualities of the audio
Long story short - a cable I think is very worth while to add to your collection. I can well imagine it could transform or bring to life smaller soundstage / boring IEM's !

Secondly - I didn't know I owned a
4.4mm Tripowin silver/copper cable !! - Using it on the IMR RAH is just perfect. I was finding the RAH to be a little too smooth and warm. Still a truly excellent class leading planar IEM but this cable really woke them up to a new experience! Very good value at £27.99 as well

Its not often I find a cable that makes a notable change or that impressed me but these two certainly have. Might be worth a look? :)

PS I tried my MIA's with the closed back design filter but immediately went back to the vented. It may have just been that specific song but it sounded odd.
Hope everyone is well and finding the time and peace of mind to enjoy da musics
Thank you for helping to justify my last cable buying spree; when they finally arrived, I remembered why I bought the MMCX, NiceHck 4N, but no clue as to why I bought the 2-pin.

I'll definitely give the Litz cable a go on my Reds; as I can find them a bit heavy in the mid bass, depending on the time of the day.

Oct 24, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #527 of 18,500
Thank you for helping to justify my last cable buying spree; when they finally arrived, I remembered why I bought the MMCX, NiceHck 4N, but no clue as to why I bought the 2-pin.

I'll definitely give the Litz cable a go on my Reds; as I can find them a bit heavy in the mid bass, depending on the time of the day.
They make quite the difference on the reds - almost like a different IEM! - Hope you enjoy the cable. Shipping seems crazy fast right now. 6 days door to door from China to UK o_0

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #529 of 18,500
I very much want to hear other peoples experience with the Litz Pure Silver cable :)

Oct 25, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #530 of 18,500
Oct 25, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #531 of 18,500
I very much want to hear other peoples experience with the Litz Pure Silver cable :)
Posted on the Aten thread: link

Red + NiceHCK 4N Litz Pure Silver cable
IMR Red with Litz cable.jpg

Oct 25, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #532 of 18,500
I'm cannot wait for my set of Semper to arrive in ~6 weeks time.

I saw this cable chat and thought I would chip in. I'm relatively new to the cable game - whilst ebay browsing earlier this year, I bought some Toxic Cables Viper cable (SPC) on ebay (for less than £10 how could I say no!) and did a mini DIY project to repurpose it to IEM cable. On the RAHs it's been amazing - it's given them extra openness and clarity and I haven't been able to stop listening to them (filters are red bottom, blue top). Matt at Toxic Cables was always on hand to answer all questions.

As I have a few weeks until a new job starts, I decided to start another DIY cable project - an eight strand OCC copper cable (Toxic Scorpion) which is primarily for some Acoustunes which I think could benefit from extra warmth. Matt kindly supplied some MMCX > 2 pin converters so I can use them on IMRs too. I'll post back on how it changes the sound of the RAH & R2 Aten once I've finished it.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #533 of 18,500
I'm cannot wait for my set of Semper to arrive in ~6 weeks time.

I saw this cable chat and thought I would chip in. I'm relatively new to the cable game - whilst ebay browsing earlier this year, I bought some Toxic Cables Viper cable (SPC) on ebay (for less than £10 how could I say no!) and did a mini DIY project to repurpose it to IEM cable. On the RAHs it's been amazing - it's given them extra openness and clarity and I haven't been able to stop listening to them (filters are red bottom, blue top). Matt at Toxic Cables was always on hand to answer all questions.

As I have a few weeks until a new job starts, I decided to start another DIY cable project - an eight strand OCC copper cable (Toxic Scorpion) which is primarily for some Acoustunes which I think could benefit from extra warmth. Matt kindly supplied some MMCX > 2 pin converters so I can use them on IMRs too. I'll post back on how it changes the sound of the RAH & R2 Aten once I've finished it.
Let's see some pics

Oct 26, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #534 of 18,500
They make quite the difference on the reds - almost like a different IEM! - Hope you enjoy the cable. Shipping seems crazy fast right now. 6 days door to door from China to UK o_0

Bob must be a really bad business man to sell his quite costly IEMs with his "inferior" enclosed cables. How much more could he sell, if he would use these cheap little buggers. :wink:

However, optically I like these very much: NICEHCK C16-5 16 Core Copper Silver Mixed Cable
They have 16! cores. But I am a little bit worried that the high number of cores and the mix of copper and silver cable will lead to a more undefined soundstage because the signal goes through two different materials, this needs to mix up the signal.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #535 of 18,500
You guys don't like his cables? They are pretty, very soft, and convenient. The clear sheathing hasn't yellowed or oxidized either.

I just wish I had a 4.4mm ended version for my Imr Rah.

Why would you need to replace it? It doesn't even need more strands since it uses a thick gauge copper wire that should transfer the signal well.

Only thing I can think of is to use more strands if you want a thicker cable to form fit around your ears without a memory wire.

You are free to use whatever, but...inferior? Don't interpolate too much from cable swap discussion.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #536 of 18,500
Whether or not cables can change sound aside, I really don't like the aesthetics of the cables that IMR adds to their IEMs. They're allegedly made by Forza AudioWorks, but I got a FAW cable for my AFO and it is made much better. The IMR cables look cheap (check how uneven the copper weave is inside the sheathing), shoddily made (the cables I got with the EDP and AT5 have uneven lead coiling), and IMR's insistence on using those proprietary sockets makes it difficult to use aftermarket cables that actually look good (to me, cables are just for bling, so I like the cables to look good). I had to take a knife or a file to the 2-pin plugs of aftermarket cables to make them fit inside the IMR sockets. The only plus that IMR cables have is that they are longer than is the norm for stock IEM cables.

Oct 26, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #539 of 18,500
Thinking out loud here

Semper thoughts - Not to be misinterpreted as I have a set as I do not.
What are your expectation levels at? For myself I am truly having a dilemma and have been for a couple weeks now and my conclusion drawn is I don't think I will be able to listen to them due to my expectation is very high.
I always maintain the thought of how they are described on the site then that is exactly what you receive and it is the opening paragraph

"Semper, the ultimate expression of what can be done with a in-ear monitor."
which has me questioning.

I own
Zenith
Aten OG
Red
PB One

I get everything I require from those 4 except for one specific thing.

Will the Semper be a perfect symphony.

Will it be "The one"

You know how this works by now

Dear Semper

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #540 of 18,500
@NellieG you will fall in love with EST, I can’t listen an IEM without these drivers.
I’m listening Opus Mia and Penon Volt that has 4 EST right now😍 waiting for PB2.
I think won’t another IEM for a long time (trying to believe in)😂
Anyway my next purchase will be a good cable for PB2 and a new TOTL Dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back