Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 17, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #496 of 18,541
After a solid 2 weeks of audio satisfactions with Opus Mia, switched my listening to PB1, and during the listening session did an email conversation with Bob on the tuning or expected treble energy for Semper. His reply made me wish shipping of Semper is end Oct instead or Nov.

My thoughts; with the impressive new AT5 DD in Opus, 3rd Gen Planar in PB1, plus the Estat delicacy in treble, this Semper could potentially delivers the SQ that we crave for, and with our or individual hardwares that we processed currently in our inventories, we should be looking forward in rejuvenating our audio enjoyment further when we received our Semper.

Cheers to all for enjoyment which should be our primary objective in this personnel audio hobby.

From Bob:
The treble is non fatiguing and is just how the Estat presents, for me I like the non aggressive nature of its presentation but I know many like the opposite.

In the Semper it will be different again as it combines with the planar and will give you smooth transitions but the treble is very crisp, present (elevated over Opus) but is immensely clean.

Glad you are liking the new Aten, its rather good and more need to hear it!

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #497 of 18,541
My thoughts; with the impressive new AT5 DD in Opus, 3rd Gen Planar in PB1, plus the Estat delicacy in treble, this Semper could potentially delivers the SQ that we crave for, and with our or individual hardwares that we processed currently in our inventories, we should be looking forward in rejuvenating our audio enjoyment further when we received our Semper.

Is the Semper using the PB1 planar, I thought that was a second generation planar and the third generation would be all new?

Glad you are liking the new Aten, its rather good and more need to hear it!

I wish I could afford the new Aten, I have to again hold out for B stock but I doubt we will ever see those.

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #498 of 18,541
Oh dear, my bad. Though PB1 Planar already a Gen 3.
PB1 on my gears the stereo imaging, depth and clarity in the mid range plus that airy treble already making me losing sleep at times. It blew away my VE6x2.
Gen 3, it must be better!

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #499 of 18,541
Oh dear, my bad. Though PB1 Planar already a Gen 3.
PB1 on my gears the stereo imaging, depth and clarity in the mid range plus that airy treble already making me losing sleep at times. It blew away my VE6x2.
Gen 3, it must be better!
Oh I only asked as you mentioned you were chatting with Bob whilst using the PB1 so had assumed Bob had said it is the same planar.

I love the PB1 but I still keep going back to the OG Aten, PB1 is for a more smooth chill out listen, OG Aten is my everyday full of energy and life listen, Red is my super emotional straight to my soul listen, Zenith custom filtered is my that's just rude and obnoxious listen, Semper hopefully is my perfection listen.

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #500 of 18,541
Gen 2 or 3 doesn’t matter so long as we feel good.
Honestly, I am already happy with Opus and PB1 as both complement each other pretty well per my own customisation in term of the inventories I had and nozzle/filter combo.
Hoping Semper when arrived and fully burnt will help cure my addiction in this hobby.

Oct 18, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #501 of 18,541
Interestingly I've been listening to mostly Spotify and decided to try out Tidal's Master tracks, unfortunately I couldn't tell any difference. I'm sure many hear the differences. Wish I could hear the difference...😓😭
Don't worry, I can't hear the difference either. But I'm in this hobby to listen to the music.
If you can't hear the difference and Spotify sounds as good to you as Tidal, why be sad? Enjoy the music, not the numbers behind it.

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #502 of 18,541
Hi friends. My text review and thoughts for IMR ATEN in spanish language (you can translate it to other language with the google tool enabled on our blog).

https://auricular.org/imr-aten-review/

imr_aten.jpg

I hope you like it. Enjoy! :)

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #503 of 18,541
Looks like PB2 blue case

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #505 of 18,541
The hue color of capsules depends on how they receive the light. Sometimes it looks like a ATEN others it looks like a PB2 :smile:
so funny, i've been using mostly my a45 and a55 with the new firmware updates, dmp 45a (i've got the beta a couple of days ago) will blow your mind! those Sony dap's are now the best price/ quality bargains around. IMR benefits A TON from the warmth and spacious soundstage of the S Master chip.

Loved the review, for me the new aten is the best one so far, though im a "less is better" kind of guy, so the use of the classic r1/ r2 configuration on this new iem has me biased towards it, though OM is a superb iteration, cant wait for semper and pb2 :D

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #506 of 18,541
I am not a psychologist nor a sociologist but one thing i know is that the state of mind and general mood has quite an impact on the sound we perceive and the enjoyment we get out of music. And it's possible to hear things differently to a certain extent due to bias and self conviction . Having said that I haven't tried any high-end cables so can't say much about them. But burn in is a thing for sure at least with IMR iems .
As somebody who has owned cheap and expensive cables over the years ranging from $50 to $1k, there isn't a night and day difference in cables. There isn't much of a difference in my opinion. I still keep a few expensive cables because they're well made and look nice.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #507 of 18,541
Ques: For the current shell, has anyone had issues with the rear open/closed port cap coming loose ?

Unlike my Toneking Nine Tail, I see the rear caps have an o-ring; which should help with the seal, but I'm not adverse to using a thin wrap of teflon tape, if needed.
NineTail.jpg

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #508 of 18,541
so funny, i've been using mostly my a45 and a55 with the new firmware updates, dmp 45a (i've got the beta a couple of days ago) will blow your mind! those Sony dap's are now the best price/ quality bargains around. IMR benefits A TON from the warmth and spacious soundstage of the S Master chip.

Loved the review, for me the new aten is the best one so far, though im a "less is better" kind of guy, so the use of the classic r1/ r2 configuration on this new iem has me biased towards it, though OM is a superb iteration, cant wait for semper and pb2 :D

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my review :smile:

I'm going have to try dmp 45a to see how good it's. I love how a45 sounds on IMRs. iFi ZEN DAC has a balanced output and also puts out a slightly warm sound which I really like.

Semper and PB2 surely will also be great IEM

Ques: For the current shell, has anyone had issues with the rear open/closed port cap coming loose ?

Unlike my Toneking Nine Tail, I see the rear caps have an o-ring; which should help with the seal, but I'm not adverse to using a thin wrap of teflon tape, if needed.
NineTail.jpg

I haven't found problems with OM or Aten caps. I tighten them well and they don't loosen. At least on my units I think the O-rings work fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back