Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #466 of 18,158
What setup is this? The DAP and cable, I mean.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #469 of 18,158
Someone asked refund, Semper and PB2 will be shipped in 45days

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #473 of 18,158
I couldn't resist, just placed my order for the Opus Mia

I was doing some long term research on the Sony IER Z1R; which ended up rationalizing the Opus Mia purchase, as the Sony costs 4X as much.
Any logic that ultimately rationalizes the purchase of audio gear is obviously sound logic and for a good cause.

Oct 16, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #474 of 18,158
Any logic that ultimately rationalizes the purchase of audio gear is obviously sound logic and for a good cause.
I see what you did there :)

Oct 16, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #476 of 18,158
So, today I finally reached the infamous 150hr burn-in threshold. Set up: closed, silver/red, Sedna Xelastec.
Couple of short remarks:
1. OM went from "this sounds horrible" & "this must be broken" to "very often now this sounds pretty outstanding"
2. I think I might have already said this - I have never experienced such a transformation with any audio gear. OM goes against anything I thought to know about burn-in. I think it is rather ballsy by Bob to sell the iem like this. 99% of the time this would be a clear case of returning the iem for me.
3. OM is still very picky about gear, tracks, genres, everything. At this time OM prefers acoustic and electric to electronic. Treble needs to get better But hey - there still is the infamous 200hr burn-in threshold ...
4. One isolated sound experience: If OM is in the mood it allows a rare insight in the track/music, a feeling of less filters, barriers between me and the music, certain aspects of a track.
5. OM does something that to me is very important in audio gear: it often surprises the crap out of me (for good and sometimes still bad)
6. Problem: I'm now rather curious what a TOTL/1000bucks,Euros iem can do / can do differently?

Oct 16, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #477 of 18,158
At 150 hours i was exactly as are with them now, sometimes loving them other times not so much on some tracks, but with more time it kept getting better and i love them with everything now. The feeling of being in touch with the music is very accurate as you said with these , my Clairvoyance doesn't come close really . By the way i'm using silver nozzle with green filter .

Oct 16, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #478 of 18,158
Please try better cable, I know Penon OSG is expensive but I think also OS849 would be far better than original cable

Oct 17, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #479 of 18,158
Please try better cable, I know Penon OSG is expensive but I think also OS849 would be far better than original cable
I'm gonna get myself a new cable from Scable (shameless plug) for my VC - maybe I'll include an iem cable ....

Oct 17, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #480 of 18,158
You really like that cable to mention it so much in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back