Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 10, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #436 of 18,081
Well, this is it. I think I've finally hit my sweet spot in this hobby IEM-wise. I only have 20-30 hours on the new Aten, but it has already outclassed most of the other IEMs that I have. Even if I don't like the Semper and opt to sell it, I'm finally satisfied. Hell, I may let go some of the other IEMs now.

How can u have Semper?!?
Which IEM was outclassed by Aten?

Oct 10, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #437 of 18,081
How can u have Semper?!?

It is saying ''I'm fully happy with the Aten and they outclass my other IEM's and if i do not like Semper which i do not have yet then i am ok because i have Aten, but hope the Semper is still even better than Aten''.

Oct 10, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #438 of 18,081
How can u have Semper?!?
I don't have the Semper. See NellieG's explanation above.

Aside from the EDP, my other IEMs are all Chi-fi, so BL-03, Moondrop Starlight, Tanchjim Hana are definitely below the AT5.
I will have to do some comparative listening to decide if the AT5 is better to my ears than LZ A6 and Moondrop Blessing 2.
I still like TinHiFi P1's mids better than AT5's, I think, but final decision will have to wait until the AT5 is fully burned in.
iBasso IT00 has a delightfully black background that I have only heard in LCD-3 otherwise and no other headphone or IEM.

I've also heard the FiiO FH3, which I had for all of one day and then it broke on me. I find the Aten very similar to the FH3 bass- and highs-wise. But the FH3 had the Aten beat in the vocal department. Both male and female vocals are very intimate on the FH3, it's like the singers are there to sing only for you.

But IMR products have something that most other IEMs don't - flexibility. You can fine-tune each model's signature sound to your liking with all the nozzles and filters without losing all the underlying things that make each of them unique in the sound department.

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #441 of 18,081
As always the new IMR product is wonderful and very nice. I like Aten! :grinning:

IMR_New_Aten_00001.jpg

IMR_New_Aten_00002.jpg

Soon I will leave my thoughts and take graphs of frequency response :relaxed:

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #442 of 18,081
Looking forward to your insights.

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #443 of 18,081
For all you lucky, fortunate and otherwise overjoyed Opus & New Aten Owners. Could you comment on shell size, fit and isolation with the closed port? @Aphex72 thanks for those pics. Would you mind snapping a side profile pic so I could get an idea of just how deep they are and to see how much the interchangeable port portrudes from the shell.
Thanks. I'm getting ready to make a decision on the next and last IEM for a while (yeah, right) But isolation and sleepability are important to me for the next one. Thanks!

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #444 of 18,081
For all you lucky, fortunate and otherwise overjoyed Opus & New Aten Owners. Could you comment on shell size, fit and isolation with the closed port? @Aphex72 thanks for those pics. Would you mind snapping a side profile pic so I could get an idea of just how deep they are and to see how much the interchangeable port portrudes from the shell.
Thanks. I'm getting ready to make a decision on the next and last IEM for a while (yeah, right) But isolation and sleepability are important to me for the next one. Thanks!

they are probably not the best choice to sleep in to be honest.
0BD91A8D-4216-406F-A3D0-494D033F28B5.jpeg
7BB495F3-5950-4306-A93A-E0A354DC8AA8.jpeg

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #445 of 18,081
they are probably not the best choice to sleep in to be honest.
Muchos Gracias, that helps a lot. They are substantially slimmed down. Decisions, decisions ...

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #448 of 18,081
@holsen the fit is actually quite ergonomic but everyone's ears are different obviously. Isolation is really good, on par with the Red at a minimum.
So what are you purchasing, Aten or PB2? *Edit or Semper (this is the correct answer, just a hint for you) or Opus Mia when it is back in stock.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #450 of 18,081
@holsen the fit is actually quite ergonomic but everyone's ears are different obviously. Isolation is really good, on par with the Red at a minimum.
So what are you purchasing, Aten or PB2?
IMRs have so far fit me just fine, so Imagine these will be even better. I'm working on assembling the funds for one of new Semper Spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back