Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 6, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #406 of 18,081
Right off the bat; I went for red/ red cause I knew bass would go off the charts, well... I did guess correctly. Driving em from my nw-a45 with dmp-45a (beta) on high gain, I do see an increment in power requirement from op to this one, bass has rumble And depth, soundstage is massive and I can’t believe how much bass is packed on this, I consider the tuning to be v shaped with an amazing attack (I’m listening the same album I’ve been listening all day: motorpsycho still life with eggplant) separation is quite something, outstanding on this pair, I’m impressed, seriously impressed, highs are a bit tamed but I guess it’s going to be to let em blossom like any other imr headphone. IMO this is what I was expecting from imr this time. A DD and piezo electric that shows how much research and work has been done in the last year and so. This will be my favorite imr headphone I think

edit: changed to my go2 preferred tip pair (I was in stock)NOW THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!
Please share with us, your impressions, after you’ve completed the recommended break in period

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #407 of 18,081
Straight jack connector on both cables or 4.4 only? Amazing, i prefere it to right angled. 👍🏻
both, 3.5 and 4.4, ive got enough IMR 2.5 and 3.5 lying in their boxes already =P

i actually will ask bob to just place the iems and filters in a "Loyalty Package" since i unplug my iems always and use different cables all the time. right now im on PBone with dunu noble, the 4.4 is really good (IMR one) i think they cant do it right angled since the size of the connector is a tad bigger and the soldering requires a bigger budget

Please share with us, your impressions, after you’ve completed the recommended break in period

ill do, however i never do the burn in straight away or leave my iems playing for hours without using em, i think it takes part of the soul, my pb one must have around 10 hours, i wanted to take it out today, funny how the mids on this are way more W in tunning, my zeniths might have around 300+ hours, i use them non stop, one thing for sure, the aten... how are we calling it? new aten sounds ridiculous, Aten 5??? heheehe the Aten5 loose a bit after a couple of hours and treble and clarity came together, funny how the soundstage of the new shell feels SO different, both OM and AT5 are way more expansive but i do feel its a shell thing, PBone and RAh (if i had Halcyon i would be talking about it too) are more "Flat" but i do feel that its cause of the enclosure, one big example is the BQEYZ Spring1, the form of the shell is like any other but the DD is sort of "On top" when placed and it gives this impression of a taller and deeper headspace, its one of the few examples, IER m9 feels wide but short due to its configuration, AKG n5005 as well has this "bass behind your head" sort of feeling cause of the little box, Acoustune 1670 has that natural reverb, at the end the shell defines so much; the AT5 has that TALL and 3d feeling that i was mind blown, im testing a new wm1a beta today and according to mrwalkman it has a taller soundstage, cant wait to get home :D

crazy iem times

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #408 of 18,081
both, 3.5 and 4.4, ive got enough IMR 2.5 and 3.5 lying in their boxes already =P

i actually will ask bob to just place the iems and filters in a "Loyalty Package" since i unplug my iems always and use different cables all the time. right now im on PBone with dunu noble, the 4.4 is really good (IMR one) i think they cant do it right angled since the size of the connector is a tad bigger and the soldering requires a bigger budget

ill do, however i never do the burn in straight away or leave my iems playing for hours without using em, i think it takes part of the soul, my pb one must have around 10 hours, i wanted to take it out today, funny how the mids on this are way more W in tunning, my zeniths might have around 300+ hours, i use them non stop, one thing for sure, the aten... how are calling it? new aten sounds ridiculous, Aten 5??? heheehe the Aten5 loose a bit after a couple of hours and treble and clarity came together, funny how the soundstage of the new shell feels SO different, both OM and AT5 are way more expansive but i do feel its a shell thing, PBone and RAh (if i had Halcyon i would be talking about it too) are more "Flat" but i do feel that its cause of the enclosure, one big example is the BQEYZ Spring1, the form of the shell is like any other but the DD is sort of "On top" when placed and it gives this impression of a taller and deeper headspace, its one of the few examples, IER m9 feels wide but short due to its configuration, AKG n5005 as well has this "bass behind your head" sort of feeling cause of the little box, Acoustune 1670 has that natural reverb, at the end the shell defines so much the AT5 has that TALL and 3d feeling that i was mind blown, im testing a new wm1a beta today and according to mrwalkman it has a taller soundstage, cant wait to get home :D

crazy iem times
Me too, a lot of unused cables (from the black sleeved on R1 and R1Z to the last on EDP) and filters. never used stock cables, even if imr stock seems to be good cables. Now i'm on Linum Super Bax on RAH and Forza Audioworks Hybrid on EDP. Thanks for your answer and good listening.....

Oct 7, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #409 of 18,081
changed to my go2 preferred tip pair (I was in stock)NOW THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!
What are your preferred tips?

Edit: Just got my new Atens, myself. I've noticed some driver flex right off the bat, so I'll have to be careful so they don't follow the FH3 to IEM heaven.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #410 of 18,081

Edit: Just got my new Atens, myself. I've noticed some driver flex right off the bat, so I'll have to be careful so they don't follow the FH3 to IEM heaven.
i didn’t notice it, I’m using the open config

my favorite tips are the dunu stock that comes with the 3001/4001 and a pair that I bought from Amazon Japan called “deep mount” they make a perfect seal and the dunu ones add some rumble to my ears when the lows are super deep

i prefer tips with a medium sized bore rather than massive ones and a bit of space, the oem tanchjim oxygen tips are quite cool by the way, long are gone my days with spiral dots, mandarine, etc. Sometimes I use xelastecs and the regular sednas, cp100 are nice but they kill the height of some headphones soundstage

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #411 of 18,081

About driver flex on new Aten: are you using black nozzle? I had driver flex issue on my Aten using black nozzle. Changed it and the issue was gone. Black nozzle, i've read somewhere don't have vent on the barrell. P.S.: the issue was mainly on left hear.

Oct 7, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #412 of 18,081
About driver flex on new Aten: are you using black nozzle? I had driver flex issue on my Aten using black nozzle. Changed it and the issue was gone. Black nozzle, i've read somewhere don't have vent on the barrell. P.S.: the issue was mainly on left hear.
Mmm maybe that’s why i didn’t had it, i changed to red straight away, i felt black would be overwhelming

Oct 7, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #413 of 18,081
Mmm maybe that’s why i didn’t had it, i changed to red straight away, i felt black would be overwhelming
Hi Alex and thanx for your impressions, insights so far. As an OM owner could you tell me what amp(s) you are using with these. You stated that in an earlier post but pardon my ignorance as I do not know what the initials stand for ...

Oct 7, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #415 of 18,081
Hi Alex and thanx for your impressions, insights so far. As an OM owner could you tell me what amp(s) you are using with these. You stated that in an earlier post but pardon my ignorance as I do not know what the initials stand for ...
im using only Sony players: nw45a, zx300, wm1a and lotoo paw s1.

Oct 7, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #416 of 18,081
Yes, I had flex with the default black on black. After I switched away from that, I don't think I've heard any flex.

Oct 7, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #418 of 18,081
Yeah, I am convinced the dynamic driver in my FH3 died because of that. I heard driver flex in them, and I may have driven air into the shell when tip rolling.

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #420 of 18,081
Yeah, I am convinced the dynamic driver in my FH3 died because of that. I heard driver flex in them, and I may have driven air into the shell when tip rolling.
its quite unlikely, though weird scenarios have been seen. did the whole headphone stopped working or only the DD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back