Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 30, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #377 of 18,128
Today I received the Thieaudio Clarivoyance (they are A+ on Crinacle's list) . Out of the box they sound really good. I don't know how much burn in is a thing with these . So my impressions may change over time but right now i can definitely say they don't quite match the SQ of the Opus Mia . The OM has better soundstage to my ears and everything feels just more life-like . I'm in love with them . Can't wait for the Semper.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #378 of 18,128
Today I received the Thieaudio Clarivoyance (they are A+ on Crinacle's list) . Out of the box they sound really good. I don't know how much burn in is a thing with these . So my impressions may change over time but right now i can definitely say they don't quite match the SQ of the Opus Mia . The OM has better soundstage to my ears and everything feels just more life-like . I'm in love with them . Can't wait for the Semper.
Ah was really interested to see how Clair or Monarch compares to IMR products. But seems like you also confirm that their soumdstage is not their strong point. And this would be deal breaker fo me.
You can have all the details in the world but if soundstage feels congested it just sounds cheap to me.

Sep 30, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #379 of 18,128
Ah was really interested to see how Clair or Monarch compares to IMR products. But seems like you also confirm that their soumdstage is not their strong point. And this would be deal breaker fo me.
You can have all the details in the world but if soundstage feels congested it just sounds cheap to me.
I have plugged them both to the m15 right now and i am comparing them. The Clairs for me are by no means congested and like i said they sound really good . The bass is really satisfying on them and they have zero harshness , but for now i'm liking the OM a touch more , they are more refined and mature sounding to me . Please Keep in mind i am no seasoned audiophile by any means . And other opinions may vary .

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #380 of 18,128
I own opus mia and I can say stock cable isn’t quite good for these IEM.
I discover Penon OSG (thanks @Dsnuts) that pairs very well with Opus mia and Shanling M6 pro.
how many hours did you listen them?
Please wait 200h and I suggest to burn also Thieaudio before have comparison.

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #381 of 18,128
I own opus mia and I can say stock cable isn’t quite good for these IEM.
I discover Penon OSG (thanks @Dsnuts) that pairs very well with Opus mia and Shanling M6 pro.
how many hours did you listen them?
Please wait 200h and I suggest to burn also Thieaudio before have comparison.
I'm guessing i have more than 300h with them by now.
Lately i have spent a lot on audio gear so i really don't want to spend 300+ usd on a cable . But out of curiosity what improvements did you notice with the cable?
In regards to burn in i haven't noticed much of a difference in my iems except for the OM and OH10 but we'll see nonetheless .

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #382 of 18,128
Oct 3, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #384 of 18,128
Having the OM for a week now and in line with some of the impressions shared that it excels in the bass region especially the deep bass and soundstage. It’s probably the best of the lots.

My main concern is the fitting. Even though the new shell a beauty, but till now, am still adjusting to accommodate my funny ears as it still prefers the older shell of PB1 and RAH. The other is the subdue treble which is yet to fully open up after more than 100hrs. At this stage, treble sounds similar to EDP- either just me or due to the slightly thicker notes that I am hearing or the tuning characteristic of OM. Nonetheless, will hear further and hope the piezo gets a little louder or forward like PB1 did after more than 250hrs of burn in.

On the side note, I feel OM excels in slower genres and jazz, and been having a wonderful time with my Mandarin songs especially those female vocalists. And Glenn Frey Soul Searching Album sounded so good that I kept repeating whenever I am relaxing on my sofa.

Doing black nozzle blue filter with MAX and my 18AWG cable, as the sound at this juncture for this combo to my ears and gears is more harmonious.

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #385 of 18,128
On the side note, I feel OM excels in slower genres and jazz
I feel exactly the same way - now being roughly 70hours into the burn-in torture. Right now OM is still very very picky about what "she" likes and what not. A true Diva. But it is indeed the first iem that I'm interested in for listening to Jazz. I do not even use my ZMF Verite Closed for that ...

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #386 of 18,128
I don't listen to jazz but i also think they shine more with acoustic and live recordings and more delicate songs and instruments .
As for burn in my set settled really after the 150 hour mark . So it gets better. trust me :)

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #388 of 18,128
is that always the case with IMR? "Sold out" means 100 more still to come??

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #389 of 18,128
I didn't notice this before, on the Opus Mia page, "The last batch of 100 units will be available from or just before the 23rd October 2020"

I just confirmed with Bob, there will be one more opportunity, for procrastinators.
🙈🙉

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #390 of 18,128
I feel exactly the same way - now being roughly 70hours into the burn-in torture. Right now OM is still very very picky about what "she" likes and what not. A true Diva. But it is indeed the first iem that I'm interested in for listening to Jazz. I do not even use my ZMF Verite Closed for that ...

Picky Diva..indeed it is...lol
And it doesn’t scale well with thicker AWG cable Nor required extra power. On my MAX I need to reduce to mid gain where it is always on high for PB1.

I don't listen to jazz but i also think they shine more with acoustic and live recordings and more delicate songs and instruments .
As for burn in my set settled really after the 150 hour mark . So it gets better. trust me :)

Just done Peter Centers Restless Heart and those weighty bass and sub bass flow the best I heard.
And Govi sounds so tuneful and melodic..blissfully full of details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back