Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 8, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #4,247 of 18,185
BTW does anybody have any experience with custom made litz wires made with 7N purity monocrystallin copper?
I do. They're overpriced for what you get.

Dec 8, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #4,248 of 18,185
I do. They're overpriced for what you get.
Already paid with mmcx connectors, but probably I'm in time to change it with 2pin so if it's doesn't make experience worse maybe it would worth to change to use it with IMR instead of other iem's of mine

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #4,249 of 18,185
So nice to read all this comments, if I can add anything… you guys should give a try to the aten ( aten with aten5 driver) the stage is bigger and bass is way bolder, I’m always surprised that it didn’t make that much noise, it’s a bit more violent in the bass department but it’s worth it
What will come next year!!
Screenshot_20211210-023059_Messenger.jpg

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #4,252 of 18,185
Well the Elan turned up, not sure what I was expecting but wow! Depending on my mood I like to have bass rich honey pored in to my ears like the R3 HALCYON or even the PB1 with its more engaging signature. Then other days I like rich detail with attack like my TinHifi P1 or 7hz Timeless or IMR Knight. The Elan has realistic details like I've not heard before with enough bass to not sound thin. I have a few test tracks I use when I get a new IEM, Hello by Adele being one the part of the song midway where she powers at the top of her range has always sounded metallic and slightly distorted on all my IEMS at reasonable volumes. The Elan sounds incredible handling this, her voice sounds beautiful, rounded and musical instead of harsh and thin.

Another track its handling better than anything I've heard up to this point is Meatloaf Bat out of hell which sounds just perfect loads of detail and attack without harshness and enough bass to drive with authority.

Very happy bunny

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #4,253 of 18,185
Well the Elan turned up, not sure what I was expecting but wow! Depending on my mood I like to have bass rich honey pored in to my ears like the R3 HALCYON or even the PB1 with its more engaging signature. Then other days I like rich detail with attack like my TinHifi P1 or 7hz Timeless or IMR Knight. The Elan has realistic details like I've not heard before with enough bass to not sound thin. I have a few test tracks I use when I get a new IEM, Hello by Adele being one the part of the song midway where she powers at the top of her range has always sounded metallic and slightly distorted on all my IEMS at reasonable volumes. The Elan sounds incredible handling this, her voice sounds beautiful, rounded and musical instead of harsh and thin.
I get it that the immersion factor is huge on Elan, and separation should be outstanding as well. How is the Soundstage size? Do you have any test track for that?

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #4,254 of 18,185
So far I've been playing Meatloaf, and prog Rock with a bit of Hall and Oats and Shawn Mullins and I say it's soundstage is "wide enough" not the widest but not narrow. Time will tell at the moment the way they are handling vocals is blowing my mind

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #4,255 of 18,185
Hello by Adele being one the part of the song midway where she powers at the top of her range has always sounded metallic and slightly distorted on all my IEMS at reasonable volumes. The Elan sounds incredible handling this, her voice sounds beautiful, rounded and musical instead of harsh and thin.

I'll have to try that track out with my Elan then. :)

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #4,256 of 18,185
I guess I was right on target when I said that the story of Semper may repeat itself. We can probably forget about getting the Dark Matter/Avalon before Christmas.

IMR on 30 November: "Avalon and Dark Matter production has been running smoothly and we are now just awaiting Electrostatic drivers and bone conduction motors from Sonion to complete the builds. We are expecting any day now and should mean we still ship during December. We will update you again when the Sonion drivers land."

IMR on 10 December: "I have been advised that the Electrostatic drivers and bone conductors will be on the way to us today and will land at some point next week at which point we can start the final assembly and will update you how quickly we are progressing but still on track to ship this month. Slightly off shipping target but not to far thankfully."

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #4,257 of 18,185
I guess I was right on target when I said that the story of Semper may repeat itself. We can probably forget about getting the Dark Matter/Avalon before Christmas.

IMR on 30 November: "Avalon and Dark Matter production has been running smoothly and we are now just awaiting Electrostatic drivers and bone conduction motors from Sonion to complete the builds. We are expecting any day now and should mean we still ship during December. We will update you again when the Sonion drivers land."

IMR on 10 December: "I have been advised that the Electrostatic drivers and bone conductors will be on the way to us today and will land at some point next week at which point we can start the final assembly and will update you how quickly we are progressing but still on track to ship this month. Slightly off shipping target but not to far thankfully."
Yeah, unfortunately I had to cancel my Avalon order due to them not being delivered on time. And me going on a long trip. It's shame as I had high hopes for them.

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #4,258 of 18,185
Yeah, unfortunately I had to cancel my Avalon order due to them not being delivered on time. And me going on a long trip. It's shame as I had high hopes for them.
I'm sorry to hear that, but take heart, there'll be at least 5 new IMR models next year to choose from again. If you miss out this time, you'll have your pick of something else in a few months.

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #4,259 of 18,185
I'm sorry to hear that, but take heart, there'll be at least 5 new IMR models next year to choose from again. If you miss out this time, you'll have your pick of something else in a few months.
Absolutely, you know this hobby, you always expect sooner or later something to be released that's more exciting. Especially now, the IEM world is exploding and it's hard to choose form so many intriguing choices.

Dec 11, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #4,260 of 18,185
So far I've been playing Meatloaf, and prog Rock with a bit of Hall and Oats and Shawn Mullins and I say it's soundstage is "wide enough" not the widest but not narrow. Time will tell at the moment the way they are handling vocals is blowing my mind
I Saw you have FD5 and Timeless as well. I know those 2 have pretty good soundstage. Does the Elan have better stage, or similar? Or smaller?

Asking this, Because multiple people have stated that Elan has a very "in your head" stage, however, the immersion factor is of course much more enriched. To quote @RumbleWeed , as he said me in message,

Elan is FANTASTIC on ALL fronts except one thing? It has a bit of a narrow soundstage! It's not a deal breaker whatsoever but more of a personal thing, its more in your head with average hiegt,deapth & width! Everything else is spot on, timbre,separation,tone,detail retrieval macro & micro are all top notch and the important aspect you was Intrested in th He bone conduction DEFIANTLY brings that extra "Immersion" that the MEST brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back