Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #4,217 of 18,128
hi, i know thats not the topic, but how do you like the hiby rs6? I'm a fan of sub-bass and hesitate between it and the Cayin with the R01 module.
I like it very much. Bass is good I think and vocals are gorgeus. I think RS6 has natural and dynamic sound, like R2R NOS should I suppose. So far I mostly used TinHifi P1 on the 3.5mm output and they sound fantastic with RS6.

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #4,218 of 18,128
What can possibly be the reason that there are so few noises regarding the latest IMR offerings like Ozar, Elan, Splash Of Red and Splash Of Gold here? Is it because the owners of them are all engrossed in listening to music instead of writing dry words?

In other news, my SOR has now close to 270 hours of burn-in. I think it was just past 200 hours that the sound became a bit harsh and piercing. However, now it has stabilised, and even though the energy is there and the notes are still a bit on the sharper side, the peaks have subsided and it's much more comfortable now. I have now settled with Grey Nozzle, Black FIlter, and Azla Sednaearfit Light Short tips. Can't wait to finish the stipulated 300 hours, although I doubt that any further changes will occur.

I still have an unanswered question: Does anyone here have both the SOR and Ozar, or SOR and Elan? Really wanted to know how the latter is better than the former, and by how much.

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #4,219 of 18,128
I like it very much. Bass is good I think and vocals are gorgeus. I think RS6 has natural and dynamic sound, like R2R NOS should I suppose. So far I mostly used TinHifi P1 on the 3.5mm output and they sound fantastic with RS6.
Thank you for your reply. I asked that, because I read that for certain genre like live tracks the RS6 behaves bizarrely.

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #4,220 of 18,128
Thank you for your reply. I asked that, because I read that for certain genre like live tracks the RS6 behaves bizarrely.
I have listened to some live tracks and haven't heard anything wrong in those.

Dec 6, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #4,221 of 18,128
What can possibly be the reason that there are so few noises regarding the latest IMR offerings like Ozar, Elan, Splash Of Red and Splash Of Gold here? Is it because the owners of them are all engrossed in listening to music instead of writing dry words?

In other news, my SOR has now close to 270 hours of burn-in. I think it was just past 200 hours that the sound became a bit harsh and piercing. However, now it has stabilised, and even though the energy is there and the notes are still a bit on the sharper side, the peaks have subsided and it's much more comfortable now. I have now settled with Grey Nozzle, Black FIlter, and Azla Sednaearfit Light Short tips. Can't wait to finish the stipulated 300 hours, although I doubt that any further changes will occur.

I still have an unanswered question: Does anyone here have both the SOR and Ozar, or SOR and Elan? Really wanted to know how the latter is better than the former, and by how much.
I have elan, ozar and sog. I mailed bob about getting sor but he told me i was good with ozar. Right off the bat, elan is the most immersive and detailed of em all, bone conduction has this magic that its almost impossible to imitate, following with that, if you ask me which i prefer of the 3 of em, ozar its my 2go, sound has this unique coherence that my choice for my everyday, it has an amazing balance in between all frequencies, bass needs more rumble imo but i can live with it, mids are worth it.

SOG has been collecting a bit of dust, not because i don’t like it, but cause i kinda got used to less bass lately, it has a beatiful sub bass that is undeniably what i expected for the ozar as a long time IMR fan. Nevertheless worth it.

Now elan doesnt have that bass that SOG packs, but it does have a an extra layer of detail that can go far into the instruments, a couple of tracks i can feel the actual pick or string bow going against the brass or the strings, its really something immersive, sometimes WAY TOO MUCH for me, in a couple of albums i feel overwhelmed by the detail but take it with a grain of salt, some enthusiasts are in need of that, whenever i need it i go straight to my elan

Dec 6, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #4,222 of 18,128
I have elan, ozar and sog. I mailed bob about getting sor but he told me i was good with ozar. Right off the bat, elan is the most immersive and detailed of em all, bone conduction has this magic that its almost impossible to imitate, following with that, if you ask me which i prefer of the 3 of em, ozar its my 2go, sound has this unique coherence that my choice for my everyday, it has an amazing balance in between all frequencies, bass needs more rumble imo but i can live with it, mids are worth it.

SOG has been collecting a bit of dust, not because i don’t like it, but cause i kinda got used to less bass lately, it has a beatiful sub bass that is undeniably what i expected for the ozar as a long time IMR fan. Nevertheless worth it.

Now elan doesnt have that bass that SOG packs, but it does have a an extra layer of detail that can go far into the instruments, a couple of tracks i can feel the actual pick or string bow going against the brass or the strings, its really something immersive, sometimes WAY TOO MUCH for me, in a couple of albums i feel overwhelmed by the detail but take it with a grain of salt, some enthusiasts are in need of that, whenever i need it i go straight to my elan
that's what I miss about Elan, the sub-bass rumble. currently I use the parametric equalizer in UAPP with the big sub-bass configuration that I use with the astra ultrac. see the picture. I hope once to find an IEM which approaches this configuration without having to use the equalizer or as little as possible. i hope avalon will give me a little more consistent sub bass with his bigger driver.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-212508.png
    Screenshot_20211206-212508.png
    547.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #4,223 of 18,128
Thinking...that twist-on planar module sounds like genius.
I commited too and yes this creation is very original and it will be a killer game. I have never see a thing like that. it deserves to be truly recognized. I'm glad I can own it. 🤩 for me, it worth the price. I just hope Bob will not make another version 2 months after.😅

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #4,224 of 18,128
that's what I miss about Elan, the sub-bass rumble. currently I use the parametric equalizer in UAPP with the big sub-bass configuration that I use with the astra ultrac. see the picture. I hope once to find an IEM which approaches this configuration without having to use the equalizer or as little as possible. i hope avalon will give me a little more consistent sub bass with his bigger driver.
Have you considered Sony IER-Z1R?
Best sub-bass / mild V tonality I have heard, and the only IEM that (finally!) made me stop looking for the next big thing. 😈
The sub bass is big, the whole sound is “grand”. But what’s really unique about the sub bass is the combination of texture, speed, decay and how low it goes.

Dec 6, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #4,225 of 18,128
Have you considered Sony IER-Z1R?
Best sub-bass / mild V tonality I have heard, and the only IEM that (finally!) made me stop looking for the next big thing. 😈
The sub bass is big, the whole sound is “grand”. But what’s really unique about the sub bass is the combination of texture, speed, decay and how low it goes.
yes, I will think about it once. 🤩 but i am addicted to bone conductor now.😅

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #4,227 of 18,128

I would think the SOR probably sounds similar to the Ozar, which is why he said you were good with the Ozar.

Dec 6, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #4,228 of 18,128
I'm probably nowhere near as capable a listener as the majority of people on this thread, but I have to say that I am captivated by my SOGs. I've got Focal Clears, Focal Elegias, Grado Hemps and IMR R2 Atens, Opus Mias and Elysiums and haven't felt any desire to use any of them since getting the SOGs. I've settled on black/red as my preferred combination. Maybe they aren't as detailed or as rich in sound as the Elysiums, but the sense of spaciousness and the separation and location of all the instruments is just magical. They totally display the way each recording is spatially mastered. Female vocals are wonderful. And they are so light and the fit is so good that I can wear them for ages without any discomfort. I have never been able to appreciate the subtleties that others seem so capable of discriminating between earphones, but I do enjoy those wonderful moments when a track just seems to be so transparent that the sound has a "wow" factor that's impossible to describe. And the SOGs have continued to give me those moments, day after day and I've ended up adding a number of tracks to my "favorites" having heard them in a new way with the SOGs. Bob described the soundstage on the Avalons as a "star field" so I am anxious to get my pair and see if I actually enjoy them more than my SOGs.

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #4,229 of 18,128

I always got the impression Ozar and SOR is identical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back