Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #4,233 of 18,497
I thought so too, the looks in Ozar are nicer though, the all black shells look damn awesome

Based on specs, the Elan and Ozar seem identical except for the bone conduction of Elan (and you get all three cables with the Elan). I haven't compared the Ozar and SOR, so commenting ignorantly, you could say.

If identical, price difference is only because SOR is a simpler package? I'd be a little surprised if that was the only difference.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #4,235 of 18,497
Is the only difference between SOG and SOR the open/closed shell?
Bob told me SOR is the same as Ozar and only SOG is retune using the same driver.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #4,236 of 18,497
Bob told me SOR is the same as Ozar and only SOG is retune using the same driver.
I can confirm this. Here is what Bob said to me regarding the same:

1638938232827.png

On that note, I have only seen the huge cases of IMR, how is the pocket case? Can anyone give a photo?

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #4,237 of 18,497
I'm probably nowhere near as capable a listener as the majority of people on this thread, but I have to say that I am captivated by my SOGs. I've got Focal Clears, Focal Elegias, Grado Hemps and IMR R2 Atens, Opus Mias and Elysiums and haven't felt any desire to use any of them since getting the SOGs. I've settled on black/red as my preferred combination. Maybe they aren't as detailed or as rich in sound as the Elysiums, but the sense of spaciousness and the separation and location of all the instruments is just magical. They totally display the way each recording is spatially mastered. Female vocals are wonderful. And they are so light and the fit is so good that I can wear them for ages without any discomfort. I have never been able to appreciate the subtleties that others seem so capable of discriminating between earphones, but I do enjoy those wonderful moments when a track just seems to be so transparent that the sound has a "wow" factor that's impossible to describe. And the SOGs have continued to give me those moments, day after day and I've ended up adding a number of tracks to my "favorites" having heard them in a new way with the SOGs. Bob described the soundstage on the Avalons as a "star field" so I am anxious to get my pair and see if I actually enjoy them more than my SOGs.
Since the stipulated 300 hours of burn in has been completed, I believe now I can speak confidently on the Splash Of Red.

It is just as you said, I am not feeling the slightest desire to going back to my TSMR Land, Little Dot Cu-KIS, The Custom Art FIBAE 3, Unique Melody 3DT, and the likes. Granted, BA or hybrid iems still holds supreme regarding the layering, stage depth, and front - to - back imaging,and Land, Cu-KIS, FIBAE 3 performs better in this regard. However, the Splash Of Red still has a magic. The powerful low end coupled with the open and wide stage, perceivable depth, a magnificent sense of spaciousness, precise imaging within the stage, crisp and highly defined notes with sufficient details - it gets me addicted. Yup, I would have liked a bit more stage height, and may be a bit better layering, but honestly, if that compromises the engagement factor SOR has, I'm better without those.
There is not a hint of congestion in spite of the powerful and quick bass - this surprises me the most! Even the most delicate and faintest notes are brought out so cleanly and made so prominent that it never fails to amaze me. The forward notes are already have very nice body and presence. On top of everything, the sound is so airy and lively! It truly makes the music come alive and makes me groove with it any time anywhere!
However, if the track has sharp female vocals, SOR will also reproduce it that way. But still, sibilance is avoided. The peaks that are there will be reproduced though. This is how the SOR plays, and I accept it. Honestly, if this one breaks down, I am gonna place another order for it immediately. This is such a bang for $240!

My current setup is Grey Nozzle Black Filter, Azla Sednaearfit Light Short M tips

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #4,238 of 18,497
Since the stipulated 300 hours of burn in has been completed, I believe now I can speak confidently on the Splash Of Red.

It is just as you said, I am not feeling the slightest desire to going back to my TSMR Land, Little Dot Cu-KIS, The Custom Art FIBAE 3, Unique Melody 3DT, and the likes. Granted, BA or hybrid iems still holds supreme regarding the layering, stage depth, and front - to - back imaging,and Land, Cu-KIS, FIBAE 3 performs better in this regard. However, the Splash Of Red still has a magic. The powerful low end coupled with the open and wide stage, perceivable depth, a magnificent sense of spaciousness, precise imaging within the stage, crisp and highly defined notes with sufficient details - it gets me addicted. Yup, I would have liked a bit more stage height, and may be a bit better layering, but honestly, if that compromises the engagement factor SOR has, I'm better without those.
There is not a hint of congestion in spite of the powerful and quick bass - this surprises me the most! Even the most delicate and faintest notes are brought out so cleanly and made so prominent that it never fails to amaze me. The forward notes are already have very nice body and presence. On top of everything, the sound is so airy and lively! It truly makes the music come alive and makes me groove with it any time anywhere!
However, if the track has sharp female vocals, SOR will also reproduce it that way. But still, sibilance is avoided. The peaks that are there will be reproduced though. This is how the SOR plays, and I accept it. Honestly, if this one breaks down, I am gonna place another order for it immediately. This is such a bang for $240!

My current setup is Grey Nozzle Black Filter, Azla Sednaearfit Light Short M tips
Same here, haven't touched a lot of my iems since I got my SOR, SOG and Bass Canon.

What amazes me is how even at low volume listening, you can still hear all the details coming through.

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #4,239 of 18,497
So nice to read all this comments, if I can add anything… you guys should give a try to the aten ( aten with aten5 driver) the stage is bigger and bass is way bolder, I’m always surprised that it didn’t make that much noise, it’s a bit more violent in the bass department but it’s worth it

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #4,240 of 18,497
Good to read positive comments.

I don’t own the SOR nor SOG, but Bass Canon on silver nozzle blue filter gets plenty of ear time instead of Semper and the rest of the IMRs in my collections since the arrival of the DTR1+ with 2Max downgraded to backup.

Meanwhile, waiting patiently for Dark Matters to spice up the coming festive holidays.

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #4,241 of 18,497
Hi I'm new here Iwas trying to find a thread for the Elan, I own the Aten 2, R2Red, Knight, PB1 and HALCYONs what will the Elan bring differently? Is it worth the investment I'm using a variety of good quality Daps

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #4,242 of 18,497
Hi I'm new here Iwas trying to find a thread for the Elan, I own the Aten 2, R2Red, Knight, PB1 and HALCYONs what will the Elan bring differently? Is it worth the investment I'm using a variety of good quality Daps
Its more immersive due to the bone conduction, soundstage is not that wide, rather its inside your head, but the level of detail and precision its out of this world. It definitely brings every single detail to the table

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #4,243 of 18,497
Its more immersive due to the bone conduction, soundstage is not that wide, rather its inside your head, but the level of detail and precision its out of this world. It definitely brings every single detail to the table
I agree. Soundstage at first was disappointing. I'm probably a little north of 200 hours on my Elan now, and either it has opened up a bit, or I've just adjusted to them. Either way, there's something addictive about the Elan.

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #4,244 of 18,497
I agree. Soundstage at first was disappointing. I'm probably a little north of 200 hours on my Elan now, and either it has opened up a bit, or I've just adjusted to them. Either way, there's something addictive about the Elan.
Thanks for the reply I pressed buy so will report back when they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back