Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 11, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #4,261 of 18,128
It's an interesting question the Elan is quite unique for my ears in the separation and clarity compared to the FD5 and 7hz I can hear space between backing vocalists for example. I'm a big Queen fan listening to them I can pick out the individual members In the lush multitracking.
Is it wide soundstage? Not really the 7hz appears wider but that's its only perceived advantage
To me the the FD5 is on a par but the bass bleeds into the mids and has less defined separation between instruments. I like all 3 iems but listening to QUEENSRŸCHE last night I was so immersed in the Elan I didn't go to sleep till 4am.

Its a really special iem where the 7hz and fd5 are just good

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #4,262 of 18,128
Hi,
While waiting for Avalon to be shipped, I am looking for a good and soft cable that can be used with IMR IEMs. I'm not looking for something fancy and I don't believe in cable impacting the sound. What is important for me is that the cable should be soft. My budget is around 100$. Can someone recommend a cable?
Thank you

Dec 14, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #4,263 of 18,128
Hi,
While waiting for Avalon to be shipped, I am looking for a good and soft cable that can be used with IMR IEMs. I'm not looking for something fancy and I don't believe in cable impacting the sound. What is important for me is that the cable should be soft. My budget is around 100$. Can someone recommend a cable?
Thank you
XINHS cables on AliExpress are really soft and well-made. If you contact the seller and tell him your requirements, he'll accommodate you.
OpenHeart cables are fine, too, but they are stiffer.
Aside from those, I can also recommend the Tri Through (silver plated) and Faaeal (copper) cables. Inexpensive and soft (the Tti cables are slightly softer, I think).

All of those can be found on AE.

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #4,264 of 18,128
It's an interesting question the Elan is quite unique for my ears in the separation and clarity compared to the FD5 and 7hz I can hear space between backing vocalists for example. I'm a big Queen fan listening to them I can pick out the individual members In the lush multitracking.
Is it wide soundstage? Not really the 7hz appears wider but that's its only perceived advantage
To me the the FD5 is on a par but the bass bleeds into the mids and has less defined separation between instruments. I like all 3 iems but listening to QUEENSRŸCHE last night I was so immersed in the Elan I didn't go to sleep till 4am.

Its a really special iem where the 7hz and fd5 are just good
Can you point out one track with those backing vocalists? I would like to check the same with my SOR.

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #4,265 of 18,128
XINHS cables on AliExpress are really soft and well-made. If you contact the seller and tell him your requirements, he'll accommodate you.
OpenHeart cables are fine, too, but they are stiffer.
Aside from those, I can also recommend the Tri Through (silver plated) and Faaeal (copper) cables. Inexpensive and soft (the Tti cables are slightly softer, I think).

All of those can be found on AE.
The connector is special in IMR IEMs. Are you sure than the 2-pin of these cable will be ok?

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #4,266 of 18,128
The connector is special in IMR IEMs. Are you sure than the 2-pin of these cable will be ok?
Some connectors work fine, others require some filing down on the corners to fit.

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #4,267 of 18,128
3rd party cables do not fit very well with IMR iem due to the ‘odd shape’ of the recessed socket. Filing is required. If using a premium 3rd party cable, I couldn’t imagine myself filing it just to cable roll. YMMV :)

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #4,268 of 18,128
Hi,
Thank you

You may want to investigate https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/iem-cables. I have their MMCX and it's quite nice, and many options for termination.

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #4,269 of 18,128
Can you point out one track with those backing vocalists? I would like to check the same with my SOR.
Somebody to love Queen

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #4,270 of 18,128
Enjoying some nice instrumental rock on my trusted IMR Acoustics Splash Of Red while doing a brisk morning walk:

20211215_082048.jpg

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #4,271 of 18,128
Enjoying some nice instrumental rock on my trusted IMR Acoustics Splash Of Red while doing a brisk morning walk:

20211215_082048.jpg

Nice beard dude this is a playlist I recently discovered for my watering the plants and car rides haha !!!
The music linked is great man !!!
My goto till i finish it and edit it for my taste :p

Dec 15, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #4,272 of 18,128

20211215_082048.jpg
Lovely weather you're having over there. It's all one hundred and fifty splashes of grey where I live :frowning2:

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #4,273 of 18,128
Nice beard dude this is a playlist I recently discovered for my watering the plants and car rides haha !!!
The music linked is great man !!!
My goto till i finish it and edit it for my taste :p

Will check this one out. I discovered Instrumental Rock just yesterday and I am loving it, to say the least!

Lovely weather you're having over there. It's all one hundred and fifty splashes of grey where I live :frowning2:
Indeed, the weather is lovely in North-East India.

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #4,275 of 18,128
Has anyone tired the PB1 with a NiceHCK LitzPS 4N Litz Pure Silver Earphone Cable 4.4mm? I tried an open heart silver cable which was horrible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back