Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 16, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #4,276 of 18,081
The connector is special in IMR IEMs. Are you sure than the 2-pin of these cable will be ok?
Hello, everytime i order a cable from xhins I always ask him to have the right connector, if not he puts me the normal one which does not work. you have to ask him the non recessed connector. I always shows him a picture.

Dec 16, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #4,277 of 18,081
Hello, everytime i order a cable from xhins I always ask him to have the right connector, if not he puts me the normal one which does not work. you have to ask him the non recessed connector. I always shows him a picture.
There are a lot of XINHS cables. Which ones are soft and you recommend?
Can I have a photo of your cable to send it to XINHS?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #4,278 of 18,081
Some weeks ago someone (or maybe more than one) endorsed the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC eartips. I recently got the ML/M/MS set and I'm really liking them, ML in the right ear and MS in the left. Also with my 7Hz Timeless.

At first, I was annoyed that the lower end was reduced. But then it occurred to me that it wasn't (really) because of the Azla, but because I had been using the bass tips from my Fiio FH5.

I tried some other filter combos to get back some thump. I had been using gray lower and green upper and felt like that was my long term option. Now I'm black lower and gold upper and I think that combo will do it.

Great tips, try them if you are are tip rolling.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #4,279 of 18,081
Some weeks ago someone (or maybe more than one) endorsed the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC eartips. I recently got the ML/M/MS set and I'm really liking them, ML in the right ear and MS in the left. Also with my 7Hz Timeless.

At first, I was annoyed that the lower end was reduced. But then it occurred to me that it wasn't (really) because of the Azla, but because I had been using the bass tips from my Fiio FH5.

I tried some other filter combos to get back some thump. I had been using gray lower and green upper and felt like that was my long term option. Now I'm black lower and gold upper and I think that combo will do it.

I have moved on to the Azla Crystal tips, XELASTEC was not firm enough for me.

Dec 17, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #4,280 of 18,081
I guess I was right on target when I said that the story of Semper may repeat itself. We can probably forget about getting the Dark Matter/Avalon before Christmas.

IMR on 30 November: "Avalon and Dark Matter production has been running smoothly and we are now just awaiting Electrostatic drivers and bone conduction motors from Sonion to complete the builds. We are expecting any day now and should mean we still ship during December. We will update you again when the Sonion drivers land."

IMR on 10 December: "I have been advised that the Electrostatic drivers and bone conductors will be on the way to us today and will land at some point next week at which point we can start the final assembly and will update you how quickly we are progressing but still on track to ship this month. Slightly off shipping target but not to far thankfully."
No news on the Avalon and Dark Matter. Looks like your guess is correct :frowning2:

Dec 17, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #4,281 of 18,081

May I know on what basis you went from green upper to gold upper?

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #4,282 of 18,081
May I know on what basis you went from green upper to gold upper?

Not sure if I could pin it down. Tried red with the black lower, but gold just feels more in the sweet spot.

Dec 17, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #4,283 of 18,081
There are a lot of XINHS cables. Which ones are soft and you recommend?
Can I have a photo of your cable to send it to XINHS?
it is for any cable. you tell him you want this kind of 2 pin connector.

Screenshot_20211217-180648_AliExpress.jpg

Dec 17, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #4,284 of 18,081
There will be a new cable with Avalon niiiiiiiice

Dec 17, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #4,287 of 18,081
Dec 17, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4,290 of 18,081
I just hope it is soft and flexible. If it is just a color change, then there is no point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back